3.5 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
4 42%  42%  [ 9 ]
4.5 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
5 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Heretic Skeptic- 'Apoptosis" w/ download
PostPosted: 10/14/05 02:55:13 AM 

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PFF ... ECBFV7WKPG

peace. this is the link to my debut album, 'Apoptosis'. go ahead and peep that out, post feedback here, and i am including a poll to see how cats rate it overall. if u feel like doing any of the above, it is much appreciated. scoob, doug...would be dope if u guys could re-post those reviews in here. when the link expires, let me know and i will re-up. peace

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

Last edited by heretic on 10/21/05 10:03:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 07:34:09 AM 

Tracks 1-8, and 10 produced by Ire Flux
Track 9 produced by DJ Who
Track 11 Produced by Infekt

1. Catacomb -N/A
2. Mr. Liquid- 4.5/5
3. Frankenstein Curse-4/5
4. Supreme Alpha-3/5
5. Wisdom-3/5
6. One Shall Stand feat. Sponge and Tracey-4/5
7. LOAD B (Last Of A Dying Breed) feat. CARDiAC-4/5
8. Slave Trend feat. Non-Specific-3.5/5
9. That Raw Vibe feat. DJ Who-3.5/5
10. Fade To Black feat. Grizz-2.5/5
11. P.roper E.ffort A.llows C.rafted E.xcellence-4.5/5

Yes Yes yah Skeps debut album…I ‘m jus now getting my hands on it...and to say the least I was very surprised at not only how great the album sounds…but how it doesn’t sound like these other emcees who start off the same way…with well over half of the album being produced by flux I knew atleast the production would be on point expect for the worst track on the album imo “Fade to black”.…skeps voice/Doom-like lyrics has a way of holding your attention through out the album..on my favorite track “Mr.Liquid” he spits like a lost member of Tha Alkaholiks with the illest chorus I’ve heard in awhile

“early in the morning, drunk as shit
don’t judge I just came here to bust my spit
that’s it- eye bags get dragged
more sagged than an old hag tit, losing my grip”

He even spits knowledge on society with

“war after war, poor families, more insanity
at the core once tore open and exposed vanity’s the cause
plus greed, superior creeds amongst us-
feed the conduct to seeds, we breed these thieves
and pompous assholes from Enron, they stack dough
Blacks shown all over the tube like crack grows”

The whole feel of the album stops when “that raw vibe” comes on…although an ill funky track thanks to DJ Who…it just doesn’t go with the feel of the album which has mostly dark beats…and “fade to black” follows and as u can tell from my rating u know how I feel about it…on the last track “P.E.A.C.E” I felt that beat provided by infekt is a great way to close the album..the beat is just too nice…props..
Skep shows he can hold his own and my attention through out 11 tracks-

4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 09:10:06 AM 

GF Scoob wrote:
4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 10:54:24 AM 

1.) Catacombs - Nice atmospheric intro.

2.) Mr. Liquid - 3.5/5 - Nice open track. It's an introduction to Skep's style and exceptional flow on the microphone. In my opinion the beat doesn't hold the attention but Skep does well on this with quickbursts of a firey flow.

3.) Frankenstein Curse - 4/5 - Lovely beat, dope lyrics and a very well handled hook. I like this shit a lot. The lyrics match the beat superbly.

4.) Supreme Alpha - 5/5 - This is more what I expect from Heretic. This hits hard, definitely and the production is pretty damn flawless. Lovely track.

5.) Wisdom - 4/5 - Short and very sweet. The harmony in the production is very tasty and Heretic just does his things. A very nice little punchy welcome to the album.

6.) One Shall Stand - 3.5/5 - I personally found Sponge's verse fire but it sounded awkward in parts. It was as though the beat was a little too difficult to flow over because it sounds clusttered. Fresh lyrics and a worthy guest appearance. Same with Skep. This track just sounds awkward in places.

7.) LOAD B - 3/5 - The beat did nothing for me here. Skep holds the track down but, unfortunately, it's easily skipped. Cardiac kills it in my opinion. His flow is what is needed on this track.

8.) Slave Trend - 5/5 - Dope as hell. Nothing else to it. The beat is perfect, Non Specific is relentless in his onlaught on the mic and he makes way for Skep sounding hepped up and just letting his skills shine. GREAT track.

9.) That Raw Vibe - 3.5/5 - Nice track but (and this may just be a personal thing) the beat doesn't do much for me. It just doesn't hit hard enough. However, I feel this is definitely a grower.

10.) Fade to Black - 5/5 - OUCH!! This is banging. Beat, lyrics and everything else. A full package. Grizz steps up and complements Skep perfectly. A deadly duo.

11.) P.E.A.C.E. - 4/5 - A short, but nice, ending track.

Overall - 4/5

It's worthy of a four quite easily simply due to the skills Skep has on the microphone. I, personally, think he's let down by the beats. Every beat s well crafted and well made and I'm not dissing the producers. I just feel they'd sound better with a different emcee on them. I felt Skep needed beats more suited to his delivery and presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 01:55:53 PM 

damn, nice review marbz...seems u really felt a couple tracks, and actually surprised me, cause tracks i thought cats would rate higher than others u rated lower than others, which shows honesty...my favorite thing when it comes to reviews. thx for takin the time to do it....scoob, thanks for re-posting.

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 05:13:57 PM 

yeah your right.skep definetly has skills on the mic but the production doesnt compliment his style...the beats in there selfs for the most part are very good....but not suiting skep imo.but its a debut and this will (hopefully) be thought of when working towards makin the next drop a great improvment...mad props skep really good listen.

http://www.myspace.com/nonscripted1

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/14/05 08:17:06 PM 

To: heretic
Posted: 06/25/05 09:38:51 AM
Subject: Doug's notes on A-Pop-Tosis
I thought I'd get all thorough and detailed.

01 Catacomb--I think that this is a cool beat for an intro, but the track just goes on for too long. It feels like it's developing too much.

02 Mr. Liquid--My only problem with this one is the movie samples. I think that there are too many of them. It makes the track sound a bit thrown together. The rhymes and beat on this are nice.

03 Frankenstein Curse--On this, I think that the beat is just too repeditive. Tell Flux, dropping that main guitar line out for chunks of the verse would have went a long way. Also, I didn't like your hook--it just sounded too much like a chunk of a verse. The verses themselves are nice--especially the part where you're talking about your girl. "Soil of our babies birth".

04 Supreme Alpha--One of the best tracks on this album. The only place where this one is lacking is in terms of polish (like sound quality and what not), but that's to be expected on an album with literally no budget.

05 Wisdom--I felt like this was the low point of the album, since I didn't think that the beat and rhymes worked well together at all. The beat and rhymes individually were cool though. That beat sounded more suited for an interlude or something like that.

06 One Shall Stand--I think I told you this when I mixed it. Flux needs to start saving seperated tracks. This shit just sounds way too cluttered with all them extra layers he put in on the verses. I would have dropped out a lot of that. The basic beat's nice though.

07 LOAD B--Another one of what I feel are the best tracks on this album. There are certain parts of each verse that I just love cause of the way it's spit and what not. On yours it's "dun, bro, homie, whatever it's so phoney" and on Card's it's "my nigga, that's what life is". Dope track. Only problem is, like I'd said before, you can tell y'all didn't record in the same place.

08 Slave Trend--Putting this track next to LOAD B should have reasonable people hoping for a Figures of Speech album. I like this track a lot. Before this, I think the only thing I ever heard Non do was a freestyle, so I wasn't prepared for it. Dude's got crazy energy. And I dig that beat--and, as you know, I generally do not like synth beats.

09 That Raw Vibe--You know I like how this turned out. Only thing, I'm not sure how well it fits in with the rest of this album. And I think you were worried about that when you first decided to include it. But it's alright. Dope is dope.

10 Fade to Black--Grizz seriously murders this shit. "And mufuckers is killing me, don't even know how to party right". My only beef with this one is the hook--it's well written but I think you (not so much Grizz) put too much energy into it. I think it should have had a bit less energy than the verses. All and all it's a dope track.

11 P.E.A.C.E.--This is probably the best track on the album. Infekt's probably my favorite beatmaker that I heard on the internet. And your flow is probably the smoothest on the album. Not to mention I'm shouted out in like the first two bars, so there's that.

Bonus tracks--I like the way you put them at the end of the same track as P.E.A.C.E. It seperates them from the rest of the album well.

As far as the tracks themselves, I don't think you should have even included Final Notes or Bitter-Sweet. On both of these, I think the sound quality is really bad--on Final Notes it's more Fu but on Bitter-Sweet it's both of y'all. Final Notes I never really liked. And listening to Bitter-Sweet again, I found Loogie was kind of annoying...and the track dragged on a bit. Overall, I don't think they stand up with the rest of the album.

Time, on the other hand, was cool. That beat's nice. Only thing was because of Card's laid back delivery (I'd say too laid back) and the length of his verse, he doesn't quite hold my attention.

Overall it's a cool album man. Be proud and what not.

Peace

3.5/5...not including bonus tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/16/05 08:15:52 AM 

thanks for the responses- appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/21/05 01:32:53 AM 

Non-Scripted wrote:
yeah your right.skep definetly has skills on the mic but the production doesnt compliment his style...the beats in there selfs for the most part are very good....but not suiting skep imo.but its a debut and this will (hopefully) be thought of when working towards makin the next drop a great improvment...mad props skep really good listen.

thx a lot script...that album is in progress right now...coming along a lot more slowly, but i am workin on other group stuff too, and aint really tryin to rush the sophomore anyway. appreciate the feedback and you peepin it man

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/21/05 10:03:42 PM 

new link posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/23/05 12:49:27 PM 

heretic wrote:
Non-Scripted wrote:

thx a lot script...that album is in progress right now...coming along a lot more slowly, but i am workin on other group stuff too, and aint really tryin to rush the sophomore anyway. appreciate the feedback and you peepin it man

yeah no problem,hopefully the next album be the bomb :afro:

http://www.myspace.com/nonscripted1

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/01/05 04:21:16 PM 

new link coming soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/09/05 02:56:41 AM 

Finally had a chance to listen to this.

Very dope indeed. I'm really feeling it.

Am I the only one who thinks Skep sounds like Edo G?

Beats, lyrics and flow is on point. A very good album

3,5 / 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/10/05 01:38:00 PM 

thx a lot mort...appreciate the listen and feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/14/05 03:54:11 PM 

heretic wrote:
new link coming soon

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0P6O ... OKIESMFT30

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/25/05 11:01:23 AM 

edo g? hmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/25/05 11:28:32 AM 

Ire Flux wrote:
edo g? hmmmmm

I'm serious. There is something in the voice and the flow that reminds me of Edo.

Yo skep, where's my CD at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/27/05 10:57:18 AM 

Morten. wrote:
Ire Flux wrote:
edo g? hmmmmm

I'm serious. There is something in the voice and the flow that reminds me of Edo.

conscious didnt have anymore copies, and i didnt know, so i am supposed to be sending it to u once he send me the money. i'll prolly just send it to u as soon as i get some dough next month if he doesnt get at me before then. i apologize bro...i figured if he had it for sale on his site he had copies, u know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/27/05 11:07:04 AM 

heretic wrote:
Morten. wrote:
Ire Flux wrote:
edo g? hmmmmm

conscious didnt have anymore copies, and i didnt know, so i am supposed to be sending it to u once he send me the money. i'll prolly just send it to u as soon as i get some dough next month if he doesnt get at me before then. i apologize bro...i figured if he had it for sale on his site he had copies, u know.

no prob. Just messing with you.

i have a CD-R copy so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/27/05 09:38:49 PM 

Morten. wrote:
heretic wrote:
Morten. wrote:
Ire Flux wrote:
edo g? hmmmmm

no prob. Just messing with you.

i have a CD-R copy so...

haha, fa sho. i'll get it to u asap tho. thx for being coo about it