All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: *Vet Tourney* Round Two: Lost Marblez vs -Chainz- One
PostPosted: 08/17/05 05:43:48 PM 

check in and get your battle started

and good luck

:coolsmoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/28/05 12:04:44 PM 

checkin in, how long till we need to post a verse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/28/05 03:05:21 PM 

just drop a.s.a.p.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/29/05 07:11:04 AM 

Check, check. Thanks to Adept for the reminder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/30/05 09:47:07 AM 

This tourney is moving like a snail stuck in molasses.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/30/05 11:57:18 PM 

Been a long time coming, but you got a chance to redeem yaself, already killed you once, so watch history repeat istelf
since then i put an album out, y'still on the net with bogus raps,thats why your autograph'll never be a 'star sign' like a zodiac
It's only logic cus your soundin phonier than Sony Acts, blood flow floods from 'single cuts' like a lonely axe
every attack has the chance to make ya lose ya lunch, leave Marblez 'suspended from a hook' like Bertuzzi's punch
this feuds enough to frighten, my advice you better flee, get up n leave cus I'm 'comin after you' like the letter V
Evidently, presently it's Chains who got the sickest flow, bringing a kiss of death....so stand under the mistletoe
bone gristle shows on my blade cus I came to shank, Marblez...it's time to pay your dues(Jews) like Israeli banks
Your scripts are bleek n poor, theres no passion in this geek at all, that's right..I'm 'questioning your spirit' like a ouija board
leave you beaten, charred, left in the ashes of ya weak facade, cus ya use your mouth to catch more balls than receivers arms
Now ya bleeding harsh, cut off ya tongue with a cleaver sharp, leave you to battle with 'hand messages' like reading palms
I'm a demon sparking hell fire from four furnaces, against a poor worthless foe who flows sloppier than whore's cervixes
My purpose is...to leave you 'beat dead' like heart attacks, this faggots already admitted he's lost the balls in his marble sack
You say you master weapons..gonna stab, hook n shoot me?, cus ya claim to 'blow more clips(e)' than a Pusher-T groupie
Heres the truth see... u aint got the wordplay to murder chains, I'm pickin the meat from your vertebrae like a bird o' prey
you've learnt the name, you know the style obliterates, cus comapared to the size of my flow the nile is a fishing lake
so sink into the depths... drown into the next life, Marbles cant afford a mic so he's rappin into his fleshlight
which speaks for his sex life, cus when this man develops a chance to set up a possible date his hands get jealous
i plan to end this now, leave ya broken, if you believe your coastin thru check the leave ya smokin cus that cheeba's potent
I'll have ya bleeding open, chokin, holdin your organs, I've got this shit 'locked down solitary' like assaultin the warden
cut your soul into portions, slaughter this fake clone, I break bones even if 'you block you bleed' like J-Zone
its like a payphone...what you say can cost ya, IMPOSTER...all you do is act, so get a date for the oscars
my roster of slain foes puts fear in the best....I, appear with a threat...y'rhymes STOP like a deer in the headlights
tears from y' wet eyes pour forth like a broken main, when provokin chains the scope of pain you feel outweighs the novocain
I open brains and roast your frame, so run n' find a home in Spain, cus to floor me...you'd need twice the roids in Sosa's veins,
it's over kid, you're left for dead why test a veterans pen? best be repentin friend if u wanna live past this sentence end...

i think i might have gone for one bar too long, whatever chop it off if i did

your up marblez

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/31/05 07:11:36 AM 

goddang that was a long arse verse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/31/05 10:46:34 PM 

HAAH that shit was hard though!! I can't wait to see what Marblez is gonna drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/01/05 01:27:22 PM 

When I script texts this dick head's devastated. So bitch request a quick death/
Good job there's no appication for this tourny because you'd be stuck on "Which sex?"/
When I engage this uranium tongue I stun gays with puns. If you had any I'd display your guts/
Scalp this fuck, leave a braille cranium while words fail this frail Australian/
Embodied your punches would be shoddy drag hags limp wristed. In war you're faulty/
Faggot lines half the time so that they perfectly embrace your multies/
I'll pillage your sylables, this bitch living on an island with a population riddled with criminals/
Your mother probably stole the crusted semen to breed this queer in her brittle womb/
You and Van Curacao are the same...fake. Fuck your mum over your tombstone making the grave shake/
Sister giving me brain at the wake. Chainz? I'll hang you with your name sake/
My brain's a fire gem crafted in zion's lense . People asking "Why has Chainz only got child friends?"/
They reflect your mind's age. Plus you touch them, fucking in quiet beds/
"Oh God Marblez! I'm spewing blind regrets. Tell me when does this trial end?"/
When you go back and edit, highlight, press delete and try again/
Check your neck with convex blade types drenched in "I've got AIDS" night confessions/
I dropped this shit with the minimal bars and it still looks like I'm progressing/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/02/05 04:58:19 PM 

I don't know about the bar count or how many it was supposed to be but if there was none I'd say Chainz got that. He had a few weak points but for the most part it was pure adrenaline. Marblez my friend I'm afraid you just didn't post enough to win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/02/05 07:46:00 PM 

Yeah, length technicality aside, that shit Chainz posted was just a deluge of raw venom injected straight into the carotid. Marbz, your verse was adequate for most mid-round battles, nothing spectac, kinda choppy in some places.

Chainz was hungry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/02/05 08:15:27 PM 

-Chainz- One wrote:
Been a long time coming, but you got a chance to redeem yaself, already killed you once, so watch history repeat istelf
since then i put an album out, y'still on the net with bogus raps,thats why your autograph'll never be a 'star sign' like a zodiac
It's only logic cus your soundin phonier than Sony Acts, blood flow floods from 'single cuts' like a lonely axe
every attack has the chance to make ya lose ya lunch, leave Marblez 'suspended from a hook' like Bertuzzi's punch
this feuds enough to frighten, my advice you better flee, get up n leave cus I'm 'comin after you' like the letter V
Evidently, presently it's Chains who got the sickest flow, bringing a kiss of death....so stand under the mistletoe
bone gristle shows on my blade cus I came to shank, Marblez...it's time to pay your dues(Jews) like Israeli banks
Your scripts are bleek n poor, theres no passion in this geek at all, that's right..I'm 'questioning your spirit' like a ouija board
leave you beaten, charred, left in the ashes of ya weak facade, cus ya use your mouth to catch more balls than receivers arms
Now ya bleeding harsh, cut off ya tongue with a cleaver sharp, leave you to battle with 'hand messages' like reading palms
I'm a demon sparking hell fire from four furnaces, against a poor worthless foe who flows sloppier than whore's cervixes
My purpose is...to leave you 'beat dead' like heart attacks, this faggots already admitted he's lost the balls in his marble sack
You say you master weapons..gonna stab, hook n shoot me?, cus ya claim to 'blow more clips(e)' than a Pusher-T groupie
Heres the truth see... u aint got the wordplay to murder chains, I'm pickin the meat from your vertebrae like a bird o' prey
you've learnt the name, you know the style obliterates, cus comapared to the size of my flow the nile is a fishing lake
so sink into the depths... drown into the next life, Marbles cant afford a mic so he's rappin into his fleshlight
which speaks for his sex life, cus when this man develops a chance to set up a possible date his hands get jealous
i plan to end this now, leave ya broken, if you believe your coastin thru check the leave ya smokin cus that cheeba's potent
I'll have ya bleeding open, chokin, holdin your organs, I've got this shit 'locked down solitary' like assaultin the warden
cut your soul into portions, slaughter this fake clone, I break bones even if 'you block you bleed' like J-Zone
its like a payphone...what you say can cost ya, IMPOSTER...all you do is act, so get a date for the oscars
my roster of slain foes puts fear in the best....I, appear with a threat...y'rhymes STOP like a deer in the headlights
tears from y' wet eyes pour forth like a broken main, when provokin chains the scope of pain you feel outweighs the novocain
I open brains and roast your frame, so run n' find a home in Spain, cus to floor me...you'd need twice the roids in Sosa's veins,
it's over kid, you're left for dead why test a veterans pen? best be repentin friend if u wanna live past this sentence end...

i think i might have gone for one bar too long, whatever chop it off if i did

your up marblez

Since when does 1 line = 1 bar? Homie that shit's like closer to 40.

vote= Marblez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/03/05 11:57:00 AM 

Listen, the limit for the first round was 16 bars. Yet everyone wrote pretty much 16 lines, and there were no complaints. In the second round the limit was 16-24, so i wrote 24 lines. Marblez also wrote in 16 lines so therefore he went over the limit as well(if were talking bars)....but what really matters to you the verse quality or the technicality? Ask Marblez himself, he's a good bloke, would you rather win a battle based on lyricism...or a technicality? I think its pretty obvious. Vote for the verses on their merit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/04/05 03:24:18 AM 

First off, just gotta say this is one of the best battle i've seen in a LONG time. very impressive shit from both of u, and as I type this I still aint decided who 2 give it 2.. hmm..

Ok, Chainz edged out the advantage on the punches side of things, I thought the 'coming after u' and the payphone punch were particularly commendable, however, there was the occasional strained punch in my opinion - the lonely axe one for example was a touch too abstract for my liking..
Also, Chainz obviously had some very nice rhymeschemes -
'pickin the meat off ur veterbrea like a bird of prey'
was my favourite, n also the scope of pain rhyme at the end was great. On top of that, Chainz also had the personal humor-based aggression with the mentioning of the fleshlight, sexlife haha - another very enjoyable touch!

Marblez verse started off very effectively and continued with a high level of brutality throughout. The first line was extremely hard hitting n humourous at the same time - I felt like u 2 pretty much matched eachother in terms of humour intertwining with aggression. However, where Marblez lacked in punches he more than compensated with clever wordplay - I especially liked the 'display ur guts' line and the 'words fail this frail australian' line..
Also, I feel both verses equaled eachother in terms of personal attacks - I liked how Marblez played on the australian criminal aspect in an original way - very hard hitting line!

Finally, I feel that Marblez almost matched the skill of chainz multies at the end with the 'child friends' rhymesheme - it definately proved that Marblez could do complex rhyme patterns almost to the same level as skill and originality as Chainz. I think this is the only area of skill that Chainz managed to edge over Marblez - after racking my brains I have to grudgingly come to the conclusion that complexity of verse structure is the only aspect of this battle that tipped the scales slightly towards Chainz verse.. everyother aspect of talent embedded in the verses, in my opinion, was equal..

Very skilled battle, people should take notes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/05/05 07:19:06 PM 

Chainz had an unreal verse, that shit was hott...punches, multis, disses, humor everything a verse from the vet tourney should have...
Marblez had a great verse too but just not enough fire power, chainz came with much more rounds of ammunition...It was a very good verse marblez but just didn't reach the level of chainz...Maybe if ya matched his lines it would be a different story but...
Either way dope battle but I'm gonna have to go with Chainz...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/07/05 10:55:01 AM 

Yo chainz got that one! Chainz that shit was hot homie, marblez ya shit was hot to but he killed you on the metaphors and word play and that's what it's all about in a battle...When chainz said "Your scripts are bleek n poor, theres no passion in this geek at all, that's right..I'm 'questioning your spirit' like a ouija board" that fuckin killed you right there alone dawg, you actually should of came back with 2 bars to kill that..that would of kept you in the game...Nice flow though
I look forward to battling both you guys in the future..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/07/05 11:36:29 AM 

tough battle I think if the bars would have been equal it might have went down as a draw. but bar length not included.
chainz was on fire marblez had some tough shit 2 but chainz verse

homie said:
Quote:
I open brains and roast your frame, so run n' find a home in Spain, cus to floor me...you'd need twice the roids in Sosa's veins

I'm big on word play that was big

but marblez said
Quote:
My brain's a fire gem crafted in zion's lense . People asking "Why has Chainz only got child friends?"/
They reflect your mind's age. Plus you touch them, fucking in quiet beds/
"Oh God Marblez! I'm spewing blind regrets. Tell me when does this trial end?"/
When you go back and edit, highlight, press delete and try again/

those where hot

but ROUND 1 GOES TO CHAINZ
HOT BATTLE THOUGH
FLEX COULD DROP A BOMD TA DAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/08/05 12:06:34 PM 

First of all this was very evenly matched you two have similar styles. Both of you came with the wordiness and vocab plus few personals, but I have to give my vote to Chainz cause he seem real hungry for this shit and came out the corner charging. Marbles attacked with his usual weaponry, words and wit but I think he slept a little bit on Chainz.

ONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/08/05 01:08:42 PM 

Sorry Marblez but it looks like you're not progressing to the next round...Chainz would get my vote and that would make it 8-1 for him so he moves on to the finals..good match by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/09/05 05:49:41 AM 

A pleasure battling you again, Chainz. Go on to tear it up and win the whole thing.

Peace.