hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 04/23/14 12:53:16 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/16/04 03:13:47 AM 

you what type of mic would you recommend for a begginer? i bought one from k-mart for like $10 and i have been fuckin round wiht tha for a while, and are ready to upgrade

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/16/04 07:13:16 AM 

kazan wrote:
you what type of mic would you recommend for a begginer? i bought one from k-mart for like $10 and i have been fuckin round wiht tha for a while, and are ready to upgrade

Shure SM58!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/18/04 12:06:25 PM 

FuStandStillFu wrote:
kazan wrote:

Shure SM58!

58? I thought it was 57.. .. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/18/04 11:43:57 PM 

ßlank wrote:
FuStandStillFu wrote:
kazan wrote:

Shure SM58!

...two different models

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/19/04 05:10:47 AM 

djwho wrote:
ßlank wrote:
FuStandStillFu wrote:
kazan wrote:

Shure SM58!

...two different models

^What he said, Both mics are gully though. I've given up on mine now though, So I rock the headphone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/23/04 11:17:29 AM 

fu whats the recording program you have?

http://www.myspace.com/baddreamz187
Exclusive Shit: 7 Dayz Of Pain

R.I.P. Brandy Jan 28/06

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/23/04 01:07:02 PM 

bad dreamz wrote:
fu whats the recording program you have?

Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Work for me, some others diss it.

Post subject: Re: MAKIN' BEATS
PostPosted: 08/07/04 11:10:17 AM 

Calibre wrote:
MADDMAN wrote:
NOW WHAT I DO TO MAKE MY BEATS IS,,, USE A 100 DOLLAR KEYBOARD,, HOOKED TO A FOSTEX DIGITAL RECORDER,,, AND THE FOSTEX IS ONLY USED AS A MIXER THOUGH HOOKED INTO MY PC LINE IN,,, NOW FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T HAVE A MIXER YOU CAN HOOK IT DIRECTLY UP TO YOUR PC'S LINE IN,, BUT YOU WOULD THEN ONLY DEPEND ON THE PC'S MIXER SOFTWARE, WHICH SHOULD BE A LITTLE SPEAKER TO THE RIGHT BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN .... NOW THE BEST METHOD OF MAKIN' A BEAT IS WHAT I CALL THE PRO METHOD..

1.CREATE THE RHYTHUM TICK,,,AND AT THE IN OF THE LOOP ADD A SNARE OR TOM,, FOR INSTANCE
TICK TICK, TICK TICK, TICK TICK, BOOM ,,TICK TICK,TICK TICK , TICK TICK BOOM .( THE CHANGE OF TICKS WILL PROVIDE A DIFFERENT RHYTHYM)RECORD THIS FOR AT LEAST 6 TIMES IN A ROW,, GO BACK AND LISTEN TO IT..SEE WHICH ONE SOUNDS THE BEST...
2. PUT THE WAV IN EDITING MODE ,SELECT THE LOOP YOU HAVE CHOOSED FROM THE WAV AND TRIM IT ,,IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO THIS IN EDITING MODE,, SO THAT THE PROPERTIES WILL LOCK,, RETURN TO MULTITRACK MODE ,,AND LOOP IT HOW EVER MANY TIMES YOU FEEL LIKE...
3.RECORD SNARE(CLAP) DRUM TRACK,, OR IF POSSIBLE SNARE AND TOM TOGETHER, WHEN YOU HAVE CREATED A SATISTFYING LOOP SELECT IT THE SAME SIZE AS THE RHYTHYM LOOP ,,, RIGHT CLICK ,EDIT,TRIM, GO BACK TO MULTITRACK ,,DRAG TO BEGINING AND LOOP IT.THAT IS THE LOOPING METHOD MOST PRO STUDIOS USE.
4.AFTER COMPLETE WITH DRUMS, START WITH BASS,, GET DESIRED LOOP AND THEN LOOP IT USIN' THE SAME METHOD AS ABOVE,,CONTINUE USIN'G THE SAME METHOD WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS UNTILL FINISHED..
5. PANING ,,, MOST NON PROFESSIONAL PRODUCERSWILL LEAVE THE PAN ON 0 FOR ALL TRACKS,,,THIS WILL MAKE IT SOUND DULL,, THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD STAY ON MIDDLE PAN IS THE TOM,SNARE AND BASS, THE REST CAN BE PANNED UP TO 25 LEFT/RIGHT ,,IT WILL GIVE IT SORT OF A LIVE FEEL ,,(NEVER PAN A TRACK MORE THAN 25 LEFT OR RIGHT UNLESS IT IS VOCALS AND YOU ARE USING MORE THAN ONE SET OF THAT SAME TRACK)
6.AFTER PANNING IS DONE,,, TAKE EACH INDIVISUAL TRACK INTO EDIT MODE AT A TIME,,,AND SILENCE THE PARTS WHERE NO SOUND IS,, BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY BE DISTORTION ,,,TO DO THIS ..WHILE IN EDITING MODE GO TO TRANFORM AND SILENCE AFTER SELECTING THE PART YOU WANT SILENCED.. SAME FOR ALL TRACKS ,,
7.MAKE SURE NO TRACK IS TO HIGH IN VOLUME..TO DO THIS WHILE IN MULTITRACK MODE RIGHT CLICK THE TRACK YOU WISH TO SET,, AND GO TO VOLUME.SET AS DESIRED...
8.MAKE SURE YOU TAKE OUT ANY PARTS YOU WISH BEFORE THE FINAL STEP,,,MEANING IF YOU WANT TO SWITCH LOOPS ARROUND ADD A RHYTHYM PAUSE IN THE SONG OR SUCH...DO SO
9. MIX DOWN AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!

NEED ANYMORE HELP ON ANYTHING ? GET AT ME ......PEACE

^^ thanks man...but I'm looking for software...like some program that will help me make beats... :(

Get Logic..

Post subject: On-point
PostPosted: 01/09/05 06:24:31 AM 

legend.
Exactly how it had to be said blood.
Respect n keep up good work

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/28/05 04:12:55 PM 

I didnt know HHE was up on Skwirm!

I beat him in a beat battle a year or two back :]

hes the man though hes one of my favorite producers and im one of his....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05/20/05 03:45:39 PM 

how do i record my lyrics? what kind of program should i use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/04/06 03:34:39 PM 

I currently have a RØDE NT2-A mic, AAAA mic stand, pop filter, an m-audio fasttrack pro external soundcard, cubase se 3 and fruityloops.

My man KrowMoe does the voice recordings in cubase then drags it over to fruityloops to mix.

The last track I recorded, I recorded alone in onetake. I only used Cubase se3 recorded the verse in stereo, but got it in one ear...

why?

anyone?

Post subject: Re: Getting Started; Beginners Guide!
PostPosted: 10/12/08 10:23:54 AM 

Good advice man; props..yea, i been using Cool Edit for about 5 years..and i cant use anything else cuz its all too different; plus, i got so used to this shit.