hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/26/14 08:05:36 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 03:59:42 AM 
I do, ALOT. I mostly listen to opera, but I'm quite fond of symphony orchestra as well. I'm in love with Georges Bizet's symphonies, their intesity I absolutely adore. As for opera, Cosi Fan Tutte is my personal favorite, and La Pastorella by Cecilia Bartoli isn't bad either.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 04:40:28 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/16/03 05:12:59 PM
Posts: 6219
Location: Holland
I prefer classical music as background music in a movie. Otherwise i dont really enjoy it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 04:42:28 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/24/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 11300
Location: W to the Ales
Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" is my favourite piece of music...ever.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 08:59:23 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/11/03 07:53:05 AM
Posts: 4962
Location: Chillin with Baxter Stockman
I usually read or study to classical music. Jazz also.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 12:49:26 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02/09/03 03:27:15 AM
Posts: 19269
Location: england
i've been expecting this thread so such a long time now... :roll: and no i dont listen to classical music.

_________________
I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:12:47 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/23/03 05:41:20 PM
Posts: 5918
Location: An institution, a madhouse?
d_realword wrote:
i've been expecting this thread so such a long time now... :roll: and no i dont listen to classical music.
So such a long time you've been waiting, and this forum is only a few days old!

Halcyon, I like Cosi fan Tutte too. :D It's so funny!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:42:37 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02/09/03 03:27:15 AM
Posts: 19269
Location: england
angsta wrote:
d_realword wrote:
i've been expecting this thread so such a long time now... :roll: and no i dont listen to classical music.
So such a long time you've been waiting, and this forum is only a few days old!

Halcyon, I like Cosi fan Tutte too. :D It's so funny!



you say something about clasical music in every other post...and so this threads been a long time coming, i thought you'd actually post it in chit chat.

_________________
I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:45:36 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/23/03 05:41:20 PM
Posts: 5918
Location: An institution, a madhouse?
Nah, I didn't figure many people here liked classical music. So what are you doing in this thread?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/11/04 10:01:50 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/18/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 2514
Location: United Kingdom
Angsta,

List some artist you listen to. What artists are generally respected in this area?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/11/04 03:57:32 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/23/03 05:41:20 PM
Posts: 5918
Location: An institution, a madhouse?
Well there are WAY too many to name, since "classical music" includes stuff all the way back to medieval times. And it's more composers than artists that people gravitate towards. And then within a composer or a certain genre, like piano music or opera, THEN you might have some favorite artists or conductors or whatever.

My favorite composer is Benjamin Britten, an early 20th century English composer. Early 20th century English music is my favorite, especially opera. Some other composers in that group that I like are Ralph Vaughan Williams, Percy Grainger, Gerald Finzi - aaack! There's a van going the wrong way down the one-way street that I can see from my window!? Ahem, where was I... Gustav Holst, Peter Warlock...

I also really love Renaissance music, which was a big influence on those 20th century Brit composers I mentioned. I like motets, antiphons and madrigals, songs for choirs, for church or entertainment. 8) Oh and also dancing music.

And right now my favorite singers are Ian Bostridge, Thomas Hampson and Bryn Terfel. And favorite instrumentalist is probably Christopher Parkening, classical guitar.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/12/04 02:05:07 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/18/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 2514
Location: United Kingdom
Thanks. Please tell me more about the piano genre. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/12/04 03:32:54 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/23/03 05:41:20 PM
Posts: 5918
Location: An institution, a madhouse?
Threesixty wrote:
Thanks. Please tell me more about the piano genre. :D
Umm... what do you want to know? The piano repertoire is HUGE. :o

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 12:49:23 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/18/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 2514
Location: United Kingdom
Everything.































Just a brief overview would do.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 02:17:28 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 07/03/03 06:51:28 PM
Posts: 2611
Location: Australia
angsta wrote:
Well there are WAY too many to name, since "classical music" includes stuff all the way back to medieval times. And it's more composers than artists that people gravitate towards. And then within a composer or a certain genre, like piano music or opera, THEN you might have some favorite artists or conductors or whatever.

My favorite composer is Benjamin Britten, an early 20th century English composer. Early 20th century English music is my favorite, especially opera. Some other composers in that group that I like are Ralph Vaughan Williams, Percy Grainger, Gerald Finzi - aaack! There's a van going the wrong way down the one-way street that I can see from my window!? Ahem, where was I... Gustav Holst, Peter Warlock...

I also really love Renaissance music, which was a big influence on those 20th century Brit composers I mentioned. I like motets, antiphons and madrigals, songs for choirs, for church or entertainment. 8) Oh and also dancing music.

And right now my favorite singers are Ian Bostridge, Thomas Hampson and Bryn Terfel. And favorite instrumentalist is probably Christopher Parkening, classical guitar.


hey miss, you enjoy erik satie? oh his pieces are oh-so dreamy hey!!
check out the gnossienes (3) and gymnopedies (3)
they're dope :D

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/natmz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 01:29:10 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 12/23/03 05:41:20 PM
Posts: 5918
Location: An institution, a madhouse?
Threesixty wrote:
Just a brief overview would do.
That's like asking for an overview of the history of the world! Look it up online.

If you want to listen to some famous piano music, I'll suggest Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Rachmaninoff.

And yes, Nat, I do like Erik Satie! :D Have you ever read his music? Sometimes he puts CRAZY notations in with the music - not just "Louder" or "Triumphantly" or normal things they write, but phrases like "I've run out of tobacco for my pipe!"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/14/04 09:07:54 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 07/03/03 06:51:28 PM
Posts: 2611
Location: Australia
angsta wrote:
Threesixty wrote:
Just a brief overview would do.
That's like asking for an overview of the history of the world! Look it up online.

If you want to listen to some famous piano music, I'll suggest Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Rachmaninoff.

And yes, Nat, I do like Erik Satie! :D Have you ever read his music? Sometimes he puts CRAZY notations in with the music - not just "Louder" or "Triumphantly" or normal things they write, but phrases like "I've run out of tobacco for my pipe!"


lmao i know! he called one os this pieces.. something about a fat dog lol i was like huh?? you crazy man!
yeah i did a project on him for french. it was cool :D
and i've played the gnossienes and gymnopedies :)

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/natmz


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group