hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/26/14 08:05:36 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 03:59:42 AM 
I do, ALOT. I mostly listen to opera, but I'm quite fond of symphony orchestra as well. I'm in love with Georges Bizet's symphonies, their intesity I absolutely adore. As for opera, Cosi Fan Tutte is my personal favorite, and La Pastorella by Cecilia Bartoli isn't bad either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 04:40:28 AM 

I prefer classical music as background music in a movie. Otherwise i dont really enjoy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 04:42:28 AM 

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" is my favourite piece of music...ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 08:59:23 AM 

I usually read or study to classical music. Jazz also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 12:49:26 PM 

i've been expecting this thread so such a long time now... :roll: and no i dont listen to classical music.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:12:47 PM 

d_realword wrote:
i've been expecting this thread so such a long time now... :roll: and no i dont listen to classical music.
So such a long time you've been waiting, and this forum is only a few days old!

Halcyon, I like Cosi fan Tutte too. :D It's so funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:42:37 PM 

angsta wrote:
d_realword wrote:
So such a long time you've been waiting, and this forum is only a few days old!

Halcyon, I like Cosi fan Tutte too. :D It's so funny!

you say something about clasical music in every other post...and so this threads been a long time coming, i thought you'd actually post it in chit chat.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/04 05:45:36 PM 

Nah, I didn't figure many people here liked classical music. So what are you doing in this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/11/04 10:01:50 AM 

Angsta,

List some artist you listen to. What artists are generally respected in this area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/11/04 03:57:32 PM 

Well there are WAY too many to name, since "classical music" includes stuff all the way back to medieval times. And it's more composers than artists that people gravitate towards. And then within a composer or a certain genre, like piano music or opera, THEN you might have some favorite artists or conductors or whatever.

My favorite composer is Benjamin Britten, an early 20th century English composer. Early 20th century English music is my favorite, especially opera. Some other composers in that group that I like are Ralph Vaughan Williams, Percy Grainger, Gerald Finzi - aaack! There's a van going the wrong way down the one-way street that I can see from my window!? Ahem, where was I... Gustav Holst, Peter Warlock...

I also really love Renaissance music, which was a big influence on those 20th century Brit composers I mentioned. I like motets, antiphons and madrigals, songs for choirs, for church or entertainment. 8) Oh and also dancing music.

And right now my favorite singers are Ian Bostridge, Thomas Hampson and Bryn Terfel. And favorite instrumentalist is probably Christopher Parkening, classical guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/12/04 02:05:07 AM 

Thanks. Please tell me more about the piano genre. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/12/04 03:32:54 PM 

Threesixty wrote:
Thanks. Please tell me more about the piano genre. :D
Umm... what do you want to know? The piano repertoire is HUGE. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 12:49:23 AM 

Everything.

Just a brief overview would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 02:17:28 AM 

angsta wrote:
Well there are WAY too many to name, since "classical music" includes stuff all the way back to medieval times. And it's more composers than artists that people gravitate towards. And then within a composer or a certain genre, like piano music or opera, THEN you might have some favorite artists or conductors or whatever.

My favorite composer is Benjamin Britten, an early 20th century English composer. Early 20th century English music is my favorite, especially opera. Some other composers in that group that I like are Ralph Vaughan Williams, Percy Grainger, Gerald Finzi - aaack! There's a van going the wrong way down the one-way street that I can see from my window!? Ahem, where was I... Gustav Holst, Peter Warlock...

I also really love Renaissance music, which was a big influence on those 20th century Brit composers I mentioned. I like motets, antiphons and madrigals, songs for choirs, for church or entertainment. 8) Oh and also dancing music.

And right now my favorite singers are Ian Bostridge, Thomas Hampson and Bryn Terfel. And favorite instrumentalist is probably Christopher Parkening, classical guitar.

hey miss, you enjoy erik satie? oh his pieces are oh-so dreamy hey!!
check out the gnossienes (3) and gymnopedies (3)
they're dope :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/04 01:29:10 PM 

Threesixty wrote:
That's like asking for an overview of the history of the world! Look it up online.

If you want to listen to some famous piano music, I'll suggest Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Rachmaninoff.

And yes, Nat, I do like Erik Satie! :D Have you ever read his music? Sometimes he puts CRAZY notations in with the music - not just "Louder" or "Triumphantly" or normal things they write, but phrases like "I've run out of tobacco for my pipe!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/14/04 09:07:54 PM 

angsta wrote:
Threesixty wrote:
That's like asking for an overview of the history of the world! Look it up online.

If you want to listen to some famous piano music, I'll suggest Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Rachmaninoff.

And yes, Nat, I do like Erik Satie! :D Have you ever read his music? Sometimes he puts CRAZY notations in with the music - not just "Louder" or "Triumphantly" or normal things they write, but phrases like "I've run out of tobacco for my pipe!"

lmao i know! he called one os this pieces.. something about a fat dog lol i was like huh?? you crazy man!
yeah i did a project on him for french. it was cool :D
and i've played the gnossienes and gymnopedies :)