hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/27/14 03:51:31 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Jimi Hendrix Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: 08/07/04 11:57:45 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/15/04 04:41:32 PM
Posts: 297
Since no one else has and he definitely deserves it.

Image
Image

Image

Gangsta shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 12:04:25 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/04/02 01:53:18 AM
Posts: 15933
Location: LunDunn
Purple Haze will always be my favourite non-hiphop track.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 01:30:09 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02/25/04 09:27:15 AM
Posts: 4111
Location: A seat
A REAL talent. I remember seeing video fotage of him playing the national anthem with his guitar upside down or something. Appreciated.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 01:51:57 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/15/04 04:41:32 PM
Posts: 297
Check this DVD. Crazy performance.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 01:55:50 PM 
Offline

Joined: 07/15/03 06:11:58 AM
Posts: 11340
Location: vancouver
Definitly appreciated.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 02:02:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 4618
Location: Oxnard, California
Mz Conceptions wrote:
A REAL talent. I remember seeing video fotage of him playing the national anthem with his guitar upside down or something.


He played left handed. But instead of using a left-handed guitar, he turned right handed one upside down and reversed the strings. A lot of left-handed players do that.

But anyway, word to the thread. Appreciated. Probably one of the biggest influences on guitar playing since Chuck Berry.

_________________
Ya tu sabes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 03:40:57 PM 
Offline

Joined: 04/01/04 04:27:57 PM
Posts: 4426
Location: Twin Cities 3/16/2002..600+
djwho wrote:
Mz Conceptions wrote:
A REAL talent. I remember seeing video fotage of him playing the national anthem with his guitar upside down or something.


He played left handed. But instead of using a left-handed guitar, he turned right handed one upside down and reversed the strings. A lot of left-handed players do that.
.

Thats how my dad learned, except he didnt reverse the strings, just took a right handed guitar upside down, since he's a lefty.

But yea, much appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 04:03:24 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02/25/04 09:27:15 AM
Posts: 4111
Location: A seat
Image

:( This hurt my feelings.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 04:09:18 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/04/02 01:53:18 AM
Posts: 15933
Location: LunDunn
Mz Conceptions wrote:
Image

:( This hurt my feelings.


Because it's wack?... Or for another reason

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 04:13:17 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
Appreciated...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 04:28:16 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/11/03 07:53:05 AM
Posts: 4962
Location: Chillin with Baxter Stockman
Watchtower

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 04:58:22 PM 
Offline

Joined: 04/01/04 04:27:57 PM
Posts: 4426
Location: Twin Cities 3/16/2002..600+
FuStandStillFu wrote:
Mz Conceptions wrote:

:( This hurt my feelings.


Because it's wack?... Or for another reason


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/07/04 05:26:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/08/03 08:03:39 AM
Posts: 4258
Location: Georgia on my mind
Red House!! :afro:

_________________
Image

Beware!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/08/04 11:40:46 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/04/03 05:15:12 PM
Posts: 12753
love the hendrix

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
I could've people elbowed her in the forehead for that dumb shit,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/12/04 03:36:49 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/05/02 09:41:11 PM
Posts: 7067
Location: SoCal
G.O.A.T. in the rock universe...incredibly recognizable sound, especially All Along The Watchtower. Jimi really hits you with the first four chords of his songs...soulful voice...the whole package...got plenty of pussy...his backup guys The Experience weren't on some egotrip shit...went for delf...even played the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock (sorry Stones, sorry Beatles)...the man set the standard of death for rock musicians today...LSD in the bandanna and voodoo fire guitar...him along with Bob Marley would inspire present day Lenny Kravitz.

...Little Wing and Highway Chile are two of my favs. Manic Depression is also a great song. Ever notice how all Jimi's songs sound more GREAT when you're drunk? :beer:


My favorite of top 5 musicians.

_________________
Wanna Fight? Try Ultimate MUGEN!
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/14/04 09:59:18 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05/12/03 04:23:07 AM
Posts: 1497
Location: India...
Indigo wrote:
Definitly appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/15/04 03:59:29 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
HaloedGriot wrote:
G.O.A.T. in the rock universe...incredibly recognizable sound, especially All Along The Watchtower. Jimi really hits you with the first four chords of his songs...soulful voice...the whole package...got plenty of pussy...his backup guys The Experience weren't on some egotrip shit...went for delf...even played the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock (sorry Stones, sorry Beatles)...the man set the standard of death for rock musicians today...LSD in the bandanna and voodoo fire guitar...him along with Bob Marley would inspire present day Lenny Kravitz.

...Little Wing and Highway Chile are two of my favs. Manic Depression is also a great song. Ever notice how all Jimi's songs sound more GREAT when you're drunk? :beer:


My favorite of top 5 musicians.

The Band of Gypsy's was way doper then the experience IMO...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/16/04 03:15:23 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/05/02 09:41:11 PM
Posts: 7067
Location: SoCal
I meant Jimi's backup band....or am I wrong?

_________________
Wanna Fight? Try Ultimate MUGEN!
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/16/04 12:04:01 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/11/04 10:07:48 AM
Posts: 2686
Location: Wichita, KS
HaloedGriot wrote:
I meant Jimi's backup band....or am I wrong?
yeah the experience was his more well known back-up band...The band of gypsys was for only one record, which i was particullarly fond of...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/21/04 04:27:58 AM 
Offline

Joined: 07/21/03 10:16:01 AM
Posts: 2198
"wind crys mary"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group