hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/16/14 12:26:48 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ROOKIE TOURNEY Round of 16: oOBadMeetsEvilOo VS. Dreddmaster
PostPosted: 04/14/03 09:10:38 AM 

You have until April 21th to post your verse.

First to six votes takes this round. Once again votes must be explained.

Unlimited bars... good luck gentleman. :)

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant

Pure Beauty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/15/03 09:19:06 AM 

Uh-Oh. REVENGE! Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaa

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/15/03 09:53:18 AM 

Hahaha... :evil: no...

I'll get at this A.S.A.P. it doesn't matter who goes first. So if you get your verse first don't be afraid to post before I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 12:45:04 PM 

Damn

Last edited by Dreddmaster on 04/22/03 10:15:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 01:14:28 PM 

Damn shame, but ya game is over now boy
You officially, retired like an old Dallas Cowboy
Your fortune is tha same as one of they quartbacks
You'll be seein Stars as you repeatly get sacked
Impact from collisions cause an explosion of colors so dope
You'll be left like a crack fiend smokin' hard through the lens of a kaleid-oscope
Bursts of fireworks goin' off in ya head, concussions mountin'
sparks constantly billowing from ya ears like an Old Faithful Fountain
I separate yo Bad from yo Evil, use a rusty bayonet to trim the meet
Come, Bad: Meet the Evil leavin' you for cannibals to eat
I induce and introduce you to a schizophrenic mental state
Have you lookin' for ya'self, tryin' to fight ya'self, rapidly sealing your own fate
Like a fed gone bad when I handcuff yo ass, I HAVE TO stomp on yo head
And, of course, I leave no witnesses, They just gon' find you dead.
All I can say is "It looks like, boots, bats and hooks were used. Hmmm..
Look at the way all his intestines are ruptured from bein' abused.'
Apparently the Latest victim of Dredd-Shaken Rapper Syn-drome,
He starts convulsing from the mere mention of a Computer at Home!"
"And from the neck marks, it seems its no dream of an arm comin' through his computer screen,
It grabs him by the neck cutting of his screams."
Flesh sizzles nightly as I grip ya neck squeezing tightly
Resulting in 3rd degree burns unsightly,
For this situation no more psychological evaluation is required:
His minds expired. As far as his rap career: Hes Shook! Consider BME 'Retarded, Opps, Retired.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 04:18:11 PM 

I didnt mean for everybody to see the rough draft. Damn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 08:46:52 PM 

I got this...

Release aggression at my discretion// "Can I repress you?" No, that's the wrong question//
Will you still flow with finesse// After I knock you from +Casper's+ possession?//
Child of the atom// just a fraction of armageddon// We stand toe to toe and before you cry for battle//
I lash out at gash your stratum// Let you know we're both in the same boat but I'ma make you paddle//
You get served in rations, I'm too ill to handle at full magnitude// (like mad cattle..)
If you were supposed to defend yourself then you lose//
For someone who claims they can contend you're a sorry excuse//
You ooze juice from all of your bruises that scream and befriend ABUSE//
My leg's cruise to your face and fuse// And when you ascend it's similar to being refused by your shoes//
Go ahead, try and save face// Because when I spit I'll short circuit your brain//
Transcend all those tame// What I unleash will power out your lines like hurricanes//
Heat I contain spark nines// Melt spines and stop minds//
Convulsions show you the true meaning of being "lost in your eyes"//
I'll reply one more time// For the dumb, ignorant, and blind//
Rising against me with opined strife// Is implying to be shanghaied//
Beef with me defies spite// I won't be polite when you apply to be my ally//
Leave you out of sight// If reincarnation is what you spy//
Come with a better supply// You wouldn't be invited to reside in a Happy Meal, you "small fry"//
Call to arms so up and grab weapons// It's nothing to crush you under pressure in this profession//
With a "one track mind" to gain sucess// I'll free your "train of thought" from it's progression//
Continious with it like escalators// Your style is in steps each one frozen in pictures//
And when I hit you// It causes fissures// And have you seein' more colors than +Kool-Aid+ pitchers//
The theme, to press your style with steam// Blood gleams as I stand over you and your regime//
Gone with ease like a new +Blockbuster+ release//
Bewildered in a "field of seams" is the result of my expertise with three beams//

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 11:40:40 PM 

damn, both were a mouthful..BadMeetsEvil gets this..

Dredd, you definetly showcased your ability to rhyme words. However, there came a point when the rhymes simply got in the way of your points. Words were introduced that weren't needed and the verse started getting messy. An example would be "induce and introduce you", just one of those words is needed, its the same idea. Try to trim the unnecessary words till you get to the point, that'll help your verse flow better, because as it is now, its a tangle. As far as content goes: the cowboy line didn't make sense, when players of every team get old, they retire. The stars line was wierd, I got it, but wouldn't the other team see stars, not the cowboys, since they're the ones who wear the stars on their helmets? Whats wrong with seeing dope colors? its like your giving him a free show, thats not insulting.."Rapper Syn-drome" and "Computer at Home" do not go together..home and drome rhyme, but that doesn't make it a multi, it just sounds awkward. I liked the visual on the kaleidoscope, that was amusing..and you sounded genuinly angry throughout the verse, good job with that.

BadMeetsEvil, you had the same problem with the flow, the verse was just too wordy. It was hard to follow the flow. Though it was better then Dredds at keeping the unnecessary words out. Every word seemed more crucial to the outcome, which is good. But again, try to use only the words you need. Compared to your other verses, this one was sub-par. The lines were not as on-point as they could have been. Develop the ideas behind the lines, start simple and then just make connections with the words and meanings, that way you can get more out of the wordplay and it makes it easier to come up with interesting lines. The one 'track mind line' was not bad. I liked how your points swiftly shifted, good transitions..Other then that, the kool-aid pitchers thing was amusing and the mad cow disease mention could have been better..Basically, the wording is the main problem..other then that, the lines are potentially explosive..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/18/03 02:12:44 AM 

This was close. IMO neither flowed too well. Dredd is up and coming but i think your verse(2) against Blank was much stronger. I liked BME's casper line and happy meal diss. thought Dredd's skitzo line was cool. Both seemed a little forced. I'm gonna have to go with
oOBadMeetsEvilOoas his rhyme scheme was a little more complex and he used better imagery. But Dredd certainly gave him something to think about.
peace :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/18/03 08:43:00 AM 

Dredd employed a lot of conversational style which was cool, his punches were flat though. The Cowboy opener was to vague and general.

I separate you bad form yo evil, use my bayonet to trim the meet
I liked this line, simple and visual, but you spelled form and meat wrong, the little things will detract.

Come Bad, meet the Real Evil: Not leavin' enough of you for one fly to eat
I liked the ending to this line too, but it could have been worded better like "scraps left could leave a housefly starving" or some such.

I induce and introduce you to a schizophrenic mental state
This could have been a nice setup for a punch, but you just moved on without developing it more.

Have you fightin' ya'self, rapidly sealing your own fate
Again, the sealing your own fate could have been a set up for a nice punch, like "burnt you to ashes stashed in an envelope, you sealed your own fate"

Like a fed gone bad when I handcuff yo ass, I HAVE TO stomp on yo head
And leave no witnesses, They just gon' find you dead.

Weak line that went nowhere followed by Rap Cliche' # 742

As far as his rap career: Hes Shook! Consider BME 'Retired.'
Why put quotes around the word if you didn't use it for a punch? Weak ending.

BME had a few good concepts floating around, but they were muddled by poor wording choices.

Will you still flow with finesse// After I knock you from +Casper's+ possession?//
If you are referring to Casper the Ghost, wouldn't you being knocking him IN to his possession, killing him off?

Let you know we're both in the same boat but I'ma make you paddle//
I liked this line

My leg's cruise to your face and fuse// And when you ascend it's similar to being refused by your shoes//
The beginning of this line was good word choice, but the refused by your shoes part killed it for me, I see where you were going but differnet structure would have taken it farther.

Go ahead, try and save face// Because when I spit I'll short circuit your brain//
that line opening of save face looked primed for a good punch to close it, but you switched gears to something else.

Rising against me with opined strife// Is implying to be shanghaied//
Just awkward wording

You wouldn't be invited to reside in a Happy Meal, you "small fry"//
Almost a good punch, wording it differently would have given it more power. You don't always have to try to be complex word it the same way you would say it in a conversation, you are using awkward phrasing.

I liked Dreddmaster's better, his style is lean trim and to the point without excess wording. Both need to work on punchline set-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/18/03 10:03:45 AM 

DAMN, JEBEDIAH!! You broke the shit waaay down. I was feelin' more...
poetic. I just felt like doin' more rhymin' ( I was listenin' to some ill music right then), so I did. This, to me, is as much about rhymin' as anything else. We fight with aggressive words AND RHYMES.
If you don't understand the Cowboy opener, you don't play enough football. I bet BME understood. Seein' colors because of a collision is Not A Good Thing. It wouldn't be cool to complain too much or explain my whole verse. Bitch-like. So lets see what others think.
Thanx for the comments, yall. Next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/18/03 10:13:06 AM 

Dredd:

Your opening dragged out to long, and I was lost with it, if your were to keep with the concept it shouldve ended with a knockout punch.. the longer your set up the less effective it becomes unless it's really creative in make up. However, You did manage to diss your opponent with almost every line which is important. You had less filler and kept you verse tighter. I would work on how to set up a punchline though, thats a big factor. Try to think of something that would make the voters say damn! and run with it.

BME:

Filler... cut back on the filler. You had some nice punches in that verse that were lost to poor wording or lost in the filler of the verse and lost their impact. Example: the "small fry" line could have been a way harder punch if it was worded differently. You could have picked lines out of that verse and reworked it shorter and had a lot more impact to me.

Both of you need to work on making your verse flow better to keep the reader flying on to your next line.. get that down and work on the delivery of it and you'll both will improve in no time.

Round: Dredd, for basically the same reason as Jeb.. I like the tighter construction with less filler. It made for a more enjoyable read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/19/03 02:11:56 PM 

First off, let me say that I was feeling both verses.

Dredd's line: "Have you lookin' for ya'self, tryin' to fight ya'self, rapidly sealing your own fate " - dope

BME's line: "Transcend all those tame// What I unleash will power out your lines like hurricanes// " - dope

Dreddmaster, I think lines like
Quote:
All I can say is "It looks like, boots, bats and hooks were used. Hmmm..
Look at the way all his intestines are ruptured from bein' abused.'
are the reason that you were less potent on this verse. All of those third-person inserts, in my opinion, watered down your verse.

Bad Meets Evil, true your verse had an understandable amount of filler due to its length, but the problem that I saw most with your verse was that one could easily get lost within the lines that you used. I found it abit hard to find your flow.

Other than that, CRAZY battle.

Vote> oOBadMeetsEvilOo

dueces, CARDiAC

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/20/03 09:08:54 AM 

The Evil One 3-2 Dredd oO uppin Oo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 12:55:51 AM 

I thought both were good, but dredd came hotter and more to the point without extra words. BME's was a little to long and hard 2 follow. You could tell dredd really wanted this one with his constant punchlines.

Damn...both good

Vote:dredd

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 09:37:46 AM 

Well I think this was a dope battle and it had plenty of heat to keep me well entertained. I, however, sometimes find BME to rhyme for the sake of it which often amonts up to a lot of filler. Dredd kept it short and vert potent. There were no half measures when it came to his imagery and punches. BME, you just need to step it up that extra notch.

Winner: Dredd

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 10:09:24 AM 

Dredd: 4
Evil One: 3
:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 02:40:41 PM 

..both were alright alot of filler on both but good imagery from both but i think BME edged abit he was more on point for the most part.....nice to see dredd drop some good ish your working on your flow and gettin better keep up on it....peace and a good day to all..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 03:41:27 PM 
in no way am i getting into detail as have the voters before me.

personally, i felt dredds flow better..though i do agree that both verses were pritty.
i lked how dredd put together those 4 lines to commence, all with hidden punches, but thats just me, thats how i precieve hiphop as being quality.
I dint like all the I-T-I-O-N's and e-s-s-i-o-n's in BME's flow, so to make things clear, i will give it to dredd.

twice

and dont trip, im sleep on my battles currently, ill get to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/25/03 09:59:05 AM 

Dredd: 5
BME: 4
????????? :evil:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next