hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/31/14 04:42:29 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Conservative friend equating me to Alinsky
PostPosted: 07/17/10 11:41:11 AM 

My response:

We must stop looking at people's statements from one point of view:

"A reformation means that masses of our people have reached the point of disillusionment with past ways and values. They don't know what will work but they do know that the prevailing system... is self-defeating, frustrating, and hopeless. They won't act for change but won't strongly oppose those who do. The time is then ripe for revolution."

A thought for Saul's statements with a real and sincere context:

In counseling, it is written that sometimes people turn their rage and anger toward the weak, a type of misplaced anger, due to some fear of person of persons that's really making them angry.

One example I can think of is black-on-black crime. I think this is evidence of misplaced anger. Rather than it being rooted in some uncivilized immorality and ignorance, like some believe, is anything but immorality and ignorance. I would say that black people, collectively, are self-defeating, frustrated and hopeless as a result of suppressing generations of upsetting emotions. These upsetting emotions manifest themselves as anger and violence, and on the weak, themselves. Sadly, the suffering has turned to killing the suffering. Their upsetting emotions should be channeled toward the disillusionment, the prevailing system: The Constant Reminder of their Suffering. INSTEAD, there's emotional tantrums and violence resulting in black-on-black crime.

Some perspectives consider past ways and values rooted in intellect, bravery and faith while some perspectives consider past ways and values exclusive, brutal and greedy, hellish. We see the past through blood-filled eyes for seeing a past written in blood. You see the past as something angelic and epic. The time is ripe for this treatment/discussion.

In counseling, I would suggest that they Find and Lift Up their Voices while also monitoring their concerns i.e. the animosity that presents itself as they lay out their thoughts. Such an encouraged approach would decrease crime and strengthen America.

If you combine the Brown, Black and Red populations, then I would agree that the masses of people have reached the point! God said that gazelles laid or will lay with lions. I wonder if people, regardless of color, can come to the reasoning table and talk about what needs to happen today in order to better tomorrow, for all. Watch! They will not oppose this way. But, some of you will, because this is the nature of change, someone has to concede some power, and the masses have little to concede.

This is not about blaming white people. Reality is, if my wife is mad at me, and feels she cannot get her point across, she's irritable with the kids. This is natural. Black people are nor immoral or ignorant, but very, very irritable, collectively.

Post subject: Re: Conservative friend equating me to Alinsky
PostPosted: 07/23/10 07:15:14 PM 

had your point not genralized a certain group of people I would find it hard not to agree with you. That said, the basis for your vexation is unfounded. You cannot blame misplaced anger a reason for black-on-black crime. That is ludicrous. i am sure that it has occured to you that SOME people are just born bad, evil,..or whatever you want to call it. I will say true dat the fact that anger breeds more anger and people misplace what is really anger for something "utopian"...like justice.

Black on black crime is just crime...calling it black on black plays into the statistic game that just serves the purpose of a segregated mind set

As human beings, we are faced with things called emotions and more times than naught allow them to drive our points across. our desires. our lives. very seldom do anyone...on an average term...actually think to control their emotions and think before they act. That's called irrational action.

but back to your statement on "black-on-black" crime. Crabs in a bushel...I've heard it before. But what people fail miserably to understand is that everyone is in the same bushel. So when someone steals cause they have nothing...they steal from the same nothing. with that said...it just becomes an effort in utter stupid uselessness.

PostPosted: 07/23/10 10:21:46 PM 

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with bp in that there is probably something different going on with black on black crime. I don't doubt that the legacy of white racism has played some sort of role. But I don't think that it accounts for everything.

Still, I kind of wonder, what's wrong with being linked to the thinking of Saul Alinsky? Most of us tend to think of him more as a sort of strategist than anything else. And therefore, left or right, or whatever your political leaning is, you can apply his thinking.

PostPosted: 08/19/10 10:23:13 PM 

My claim is ludicrous? A segregated mindset? Irrational action...! Emotions!

Evil, wicked by nature, exist, yes! However, to say that colonialism, acculturation, racism, poverty and psychological self-hatred are variables to be undermined by the variable people are evil, wicked by nature, is far more ludicrous a generalization.

PostPosted: 08/28/10 08:17:36 PM 

what you are talking about is a common misconception mislabled as something else to individualize for the purpose of meaning. that's ludicrous.
it is like i said before...crime is crime. the sooner you understand that and erase/remove all other preconcieved concepts, ideaologies, thesis, and theologies the better you would come to understand that FACT.
More to the point...this is how it is played. It is you against them. the rules have been set and the lines have been drawn. Foolish are those that cross them and battle unprepared.
Even if you carry more than enough "weaponry" to the field...it STILL called being unprepared. It is important to know this, because no one is thinking about colonialism, racism, poverty...etc. for chump change. it is all masked into an "utopian", and yet still somewhat draconian sense of modern day justice machine.

You can preach and preach all you want, but all those words don't mean shit to statisticians that only speak numbers.

PostPosted: 08/29/10 03:54:28 PM 

Free$peech is "Lost in Translation"...Weaponry, preparedness, statisticians and...and...and...chump change!

PostPosted: 09/06/10 05:56:02 PM 

Freespeech is more of an excuse than a euphimism...or moniker.
People have been played against each other for too long. You can either step out of the fog or keep swinging at shapes and visions...

PostPosted: 09/06/10 10:45:32 PM 

2pac died because he pitted brothas against each other and Martin Luther King jr. died for having a dream. I understand that whatever road I choose there will be an obstacle on it. And since you are out of the fog, tell me about it in specifics; tell me about this road you walk that does not have an opposition upon it trying to convert or undermine you, please.

PostPosted: 09/10/10 06:35:54 PM 

basic acceptance that everything is not as complex as it seems. it's not as simple as it gets. nothing comes free. the other side is on a completely different playing field than you.

Common sense goes a real long way. without it you're lost.
so for all those cats trying to make sense of shit, take a deep inhale trust it stinks and clean it up. period.

You don't want to walk my path...cause it ain't you...just as i don't want yours. I acknowledge the obstacles and trust their nature is to defy and deny. the only remedy for which is to overcome. Just as problems are made to be solved.

so what's the dilema?