hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/22/14 10:47:22 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletters Revealed
PostPosted: 03/19/10 07:55:58 AM 

There has been controversy over Ron Paul’s ties to racism for some time now.

Many people have pointed to Ron Paul’s Newsletters as proof of his racism.

Paul has previously admitted to writing the newsletters and defended the statements in 1996, then blamed them on an unnamed ghostwriter in 2001 and then denied any knowledge of them in 2008.

He has given no explanation, for how the racism entered his newsletter. If we are to take Paul at his word, he is guilty of at least promoting racism on a large scale. Paul earned almost a million dollars a year from the racist, conspiracy theorist newsletters. Here are some excerpts that I’ve found.

In this story Ron Paul writes about “needlin” and blames packs of young black girls for spreading AIDS to white women. I could find no evidence of this “epidemic” and the article seems to have no point other than to make white people scared of Black people.

In this piece he criticizes Martin Luther King as a pro-communist philanderer and says the MLK holiday is “Hate Whitey Day.” This is in great contrast to 2008 when he told Wolf Blitzer that Martin Luther King was one of his heroes. When activists suggested naming a city after Martin Luther King Paul suggested other names such as “Welfaria,” “Zooville,” “Rapetown,” “Dirtburg,” and “Lazyopolis” He would continue:

In another piece he blamed Black people for the riots that happened in Chicago in 1992 after the Bulls won the NBA Championship

Paul here is using false information to attack African Americans. The Washington Post reported that 1000 people were arrested but did not indicate their race. The riot, like most sports riots was multi-racial, including Blacks, white and Latinos, yet Paul used the incident to demonize African Americans. The Washington Post also reported that two officers suffered minor gunshot wounds and that 95 were injured in total, but the way Paul phrased it, it would seem most of the 95 officers injured were shot.

In this article Paul uses the “carjacking” epidemic to put fear into white people. He advises them to carry guns and shoot “carjackers” illegally and then dispose of their weapons. He also refers Black people as “animals” and directly refers to his home town of Lake Jackson, Texas.

The newsletters also contained the quotes:

opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions

if you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be,

This is only the first skirmish in the race war of the 1990s

Here are some of the newsletters I could find. They also contain a good deal of homophobic and Black Helicopter, New World Order conspiracy theories and warnings of upcoming in “race wars.”

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-pauls-racist-newsletters-revealed/

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul’s Racist Newsletters Revealed
PostPosted: 03/28/10 09:44:51 AM 

Dapriest, maybe you should start looking at yourself.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 09:44:54 AM 

Dapriest, maybe you should start looking at yourself.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:34:17 AM 

I don't need to look at myself, i'm not the closet racist in the position of power, who thinks that his actions won't be exposed.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:42:04 AM 

tell me something,

do you believe it is possible to accuse someone of closet racism, and ruin their character, but the person actually not be racist?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 03:11:18 PM 

?...

PostPosted: 03/29/10 07:51:12 PM 

its a question for DaPriest, im engaging him in dialogue.

PostPosted: 03/31/10 06:31:26 AM 

WhiteMike wrote:
tell me something,

do you believe it is possible to accuse someone of closet racism, and ruin their character, but the person actually not be racist?

Look, if you're a racist, then you don't have a problem surrounding your self with those who have the some ideals,and mentality.

If he's not a racist, then he should be more then willing to make it known through any and all media outlets that are questioning his stance, and his affiliation with those who are racist who are supporting him in his campaign.

If you're truly not a racist, then you don't accept money from those people who are, and you be proud of the fact that you can accept money from donors who aren't racist.

This is academic,yet you feel the need to try and test my level of common sense?

PostPosted: 03/31/10 02:07:38 PM 

Quote:
Look, if you're a racist, then you don't have a problem surrounding your self with those who have the some ideals,and mentality.
Cannot argue with that.. unless of course you are trying to manipulate people into believing that you are not a racist, and publicly announce that you are not a racist for personal power.

Quote:
If he's not a racist, then he should be more then willing to make it known through any and all media outlets that are questioning his stance, and his affiliation with those who are racist who are supporting him in his campaign.
He has, even at the rallies, i have heard him first hand. Does not mean he is not racist, but it does contradict your argument.

Actually, since you are in the business of providing news sources so that people can "clearly see," or something, why did you not provide this one?

" In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement:
“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.
“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’"

Quote:
If you're truly not a racist, then you don't accept money from those people who are, and you be proud of the fact that you can accept money from donors who aren't racist.

Like if you are pro-choice, then you dont want to accept money from pro-life tax payers.

Or if Your Barrack Obama: " Sen. Barack Obama employed and continues to employ senior staffers who belong to the Nation of Islam, and the presidential candidate has some "worrying" ties to the controversial group headed by Louis Farrakhan, a former key Obama insider told WND."

So lets be real, I dont really think that Obama is racist because of this, nor do I think that Ron Paul is racist because he took a 500 donation.

... according to your logic, Barrack Obama IS racist, but apparently, you are the one who is the deciding factor in who you will advertise as racist.