hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/29/14 01:42:34 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fuck This Site
PostPosted: 10/01/09 10:02:51 AM 

Blade Brown wrote:
Honestly you can't say "fuck this site." Due to the natural progression of the Internet the masses have gravitated towards the social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Myspace the past 5 years. Message boards have been deprecated because of this. Threaded conversations are no longer the norm. SMS texting, blogging and comments on peoples profile pages on the Social Network sites have replaced all of this.

As far as a music oriented site there is no point for HHE to continue creating content. Viral content on YouTube to bloggers on blogspot to twitter have made it more difficult for independently controlled media to thrive off the Internet. Honestly this is a great thing for public interests since it's made the Internet more dynamic. It has rolled out editors who have to QA the content prior of its posting. Instead, the content creator can publish at will without permission.

The downside from all of this that I truly do miss interacting with talent, working with record labels and getting content online. The industry has bypassed sites like this and focus on viral sites like YouTube, Facebook Myspace, and Twitter to get their content out to the masses. In 1997 for instance the record labels would send me vinyl, cd's, VHS tapes, head shots on 8.5x11" prints, with a printed bio. I would scan the head shot, type the bio, trans-code the vinyl, rip the cd, and encode the video to digital form. It was work! It was also fun. It was the early stages from the progression from physical distribution to digital distribution. Now an artist just snaps a photo on their digital camera, they record digital in the studio, and the bio is usually composed in MS Word so they just copy/paste it online.

The downside to this progression online is that its harder for artists to get their content positioned without money behind their marketing. The main reason why good hip-hop music thrived in the 90's was because of word of mouth. DJ's put music they like on mix tapes. Online sites put music online they liked. Now with the saturation of marketing online the mainsteam artists have their content positioned everywhere. Go onto iTunes, YouTube or Myspace or any media outlet online and I can guarentee that their content is purely positioned on those sites based on media buys paid by the record labels.

Honestly how marketers control exposer makes me wanna re-invent the industry and make you the user in control and own what's placed on-line. The reason why this concept isn't popular is cause a venture capitalist won't give you 100 million for it. You won't be valued as a company worth 10 billion (like facebook) if you use this approach. Google won't buy you out for 1.8 billion. You won't be the Mark Zuckerberg making front cover of Forbes Magazine.

Back to my point the Internet is much bigger now. The stakes are higher. It's now mainstream and no longer an emerging technology. When you guys were chatting on here it was still emerging. YouTube or Facebook didn't exist. Maybe Friendster was around but that wasn't the norm to be on social networking sites. Maybe in 1995 it became the next big thing. Now it is.

So you can't really say "fuck this site" and say "fuck mvilla" for trying. As hard as I try it won't matter. Everyone is on Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. There is nothing I personally can do about this. And, honestly... You shouldn't really care if this site has dropped in popularity. You all made friends on here. You build relationships on here. That's whats important is that you get enjoyment on here. And, I hope you continue to find enjoyment on here.

Villa def on point! Yet you forgot that though many new members sign up to HHE, if and when they post many of the exsisting tend to ridicule and harass these poor newbies hahaha. Anyway! On the real if these newbies get this type of response then they wont come back to post. You can't expect to get new people involved unless they feel they have a sense of being on this site.

Yo Villa! I need to holler at you bro! Hit me up at my ASCAP e-mail

PostPosted: 10/01/09 10:55:52 PM 

Honestly guys I still want this site to thrive. I won't want to discourage any of you. After a decade of the shit talking, the threats to leave to Sector 9B to the personal disses I still got much respect for ya'all.

PostPosted: 10/02/09 06:46:44 PM 

The home page needs work though......

PostPosted: 10/03/09 11:25:06 AM 

i like it here...
facebook and myspace is for homos and drama fanatics...

PostPosted: 10/04/09 11:22:24 AM 

b.p. wrote:
facebook and myspace is for homos and drama fanatics...

At least someone shares that point of view... lol.

I'm not trying to fuck around with a site that old people hit up just as much or more than people our age.

lol... i bet.

PostPosted: 10/04/09 07:51:21 PM 

Black Scorcese wrote:
The home page needs work though......

PostPosted: 10/04/09 10:42:34 PM 

I do Photoshop artwork and I will soon put together a quick collage of diff Hip Hop Legends to possibly place on the homepage.

Here are a few of the people I had in mind to place in the collage - feel free to suggest other as well please.

Rakim - KRS One - Gangstarr - Jay Z - HOAXone - De La Soul - Biggie - Eminem - Big Pun - Ghost Rida - Nas - Common

PostPosted: 10/05/09 02:37:03 AM 

Sticks The 6.6F Muslim... its been a while damn.

PostPosted: 10/05/09 09:13:25 AM 

Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

PostPosted: 10/05/09 10:56:03 AM 

HOAXone wrote:
I do Photoshop artwork and I will soon put together a quick collage of diff Hip Hop Legends to possibly place on the homepage.

Here are a few of the people I had in mind to place in the collage - feel free to suggest other as well please.

Rakim - KRS One - Gangstarr - Jay Z - HOAXone - De La Soul - Biggie - Eminem - Big Pun - Ghost Rida - Nas - Common

Ultrmagnetic MCs, Ed o G, Digable Planet...Roots, Redman, MURS, Company Flow, S.O.B....

PostPosted: 10/06/09 03:36:21 AM 

domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

Been really busy on the last year or so and finally things are coming together as planned hence the silence but its good to see people are still coming here. Sticks is going to visit this house more often.

damn what have you people been up to?

PostPosted: 10/06/09 05:10:31 AM 

Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

Been really busy on the last year or so and finally things are coming together as planned hence the silence but its good to see people are still coming here. Sticks is going to visit this house more often.

mainly we´ve been discussing where the fuck everybody went, but that topic is getting a tad old now. How have you been?

PostPosted: 10/06/09 05:20:38 AM 

Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

mainly we´ve been discussing where the fuck everybody went, but that topic is getting a tad old now. How have you been?

Lost a couple Kg's during the fast but thats to be expected, opened up a new business for myself and things are going steady so far, i seriously cant complain. this year has been fairly good man!. so have you guys met yet? i see the "meeting thread" is still there since last year. why have you guys not got around to that... personally i would love to visit NY but theres a couple of things that i dont want to deal with the U.S at the moment. anyway anybody coming over for the WC next year?...

PostPosted: 10/06/09 08:19:06 AM 

Sticks wrote:
Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

Lost a couple Kg's during the fast but thats to be expected, opened up a new business for myself and things are going steady so far, i seriously cant complain. this year has been fairly good man!. so have you guys met yet? i see the "meeting thread" is still there since last year. why have you guys not got around to that... personally i would love to visit NY but theres a couple of things that i dont want to deal with the U.S at the moment. anyway anybody coming over for the WC next year?...

Yeah how about you hook us up with some tickets for the world cup in SA?? huh?

PostPosted: 10/07/09 12:30:48 AM 

domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

if you serious, ill see what i can do for you son...

PostPosted: 10/07/09 08:18:40 PM 

oh shit sticks is alive..i would've thought those Africans caught up to u by now.

PostPosted: 10/09/09 06:50:52 PM 

Well it's true what mvilla said about most the people going to myspace and facebook....I also think those sites are too revealing and shit. I can't even find sector 9b, is that site even up still??? anyway hahaha that kanye shit was funny indeed...I was out of state when that happened....Besides that I'm still here... I come on here to check whats up.. :afro: :afro:

PostPosted: 10/10/09 02:29:26 AM 

Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

Hell yeah I'm serious... I just need to get some cash for plane tickets or ask them somali pirates for a ride down coast :)

PostPosted: 10/12/09 07:17:02 AM 

domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

Hell yeah I'm serious... I just need to get some cash for plane tickets or ask them somali pirates for a ride down coast :)

not sure if that's a good idea, but I'm pretty inmterested in seeing how it would end up.

My guess would be: on the news

PostPosted: 10/12/09 09:13:29 AM 

Chill Bill wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:
Chill Bill wrote:
Sticks wrote:
domel wrote:
Sticks wrote:

damn what happened dawg?

not sure if that's a good idea, but I'm pretty inmterested in seeing how it would end up.

My guess would be: on the news

And I'd be sure to rock HHE t-shrit so we'd get media coverage :D