hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/31/14 03:13:46 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: terminator salvation
PostPosted: 05/22/09 05:05:31 PM 

saw it last night. I was blown away. it was everything i expected it to be and more. I know a lot of you are going to be reluctant cuz there isn't any arnold in it (although his image makes an appearance), it still delivers.

Sure it is continuing the whole terminator storyline and siht from all movies tie in, but TS is a new different movie in entirely. It abandons the regular terminator formula where someone/something is sent back into time to save someone. Its about the actual war pitting human vs machines. I really don't want to get into too much into the storyline and shit that happens, but you get to see John Connor as a adult and the leader he was prophesized to be. You also get see the orgins of the T-800 model (the orginal terminator model from the first three movies). TS also pays homage to the first three movies in many ways in places little bits and goose eggs all over the place.

(spoiler in this paragraph)

There are a few things that keeps this from getting a 5/5 though. Common's character didn't really have too much emotion or development. I wish they could go more into detail to who and what his brother went through before he died. I also didn't like what happened with John towards the end. How te hell did he survive getting impaled through the heart with a piece of pipe?

(end of spoilers)

If you are a fan of the terminator series, its a must see and forget if you didn't like T3, TS makes up for it.

4.5/5

Post subject: Re: terminator salvation
PostPosted: 05/23/09 01:33:39 AM 

I was just saying to a friend the other night, that this movie could work, if only they managed to break loose from the idea that Arnold had to be in every Terminator movie. Just so people would go to see the story, not the actor.

From what you write, it seems that they have succeeded.

I may check this out, but I'm still hesitant. The future John Conner never really appealed to me that much.

PostPosted: 05/23/09 09:27:57 AM 

Not really interested in robots taking over the world anymore.

PostPosted: 05/23/09 01:58:05 PM 

Lord Radiant wrote:
Not really interested in robots taking over the world anymore.

sucks for you

PostPosted: 05/26/09 09:00:09 AM 

I gave this an honest shot, and I found it to be quite awful, it was well shot and the special effects were cool to look at, but the script and story made absolutely no sense and the acting left a lot to be desired

PostPosted: 05/26/09 05:57:28 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
I gave this an honest shot, and I found it to be quite awful, it was well shot and the special effects were cool to look at, but the script and story made absolutely no sense and the acting left a lot to be desired

...you can say it...christian bale can't act for shit...

PostPosted: 05/27/09 03:25:56 PM 

I can't even blame the actors, there wasn't much anyone could have done with that script

PostPosted: 05/29/09 03:27:57 PM 

No one really cares about story lines anymore as long as the movie is full of shit blowing up or some wicked imagery and some decent acting the movie should be good.

Will i peep this movie yes when its sitting on the table in the living room due to the fact the my room mate boght,stole or rented the movie

PostPosted: 05/30/09 01:23:56 AM 

Conspiracy Theory wrote:
No one really cares about story lines anymore

disagreed

PostPosted: 05/30/09 03:50:45 PM 

b.p. wrote:
Ghost Rida wrote:

...you can say it...christian bale can't act for shit...

Fuck your life fool!!!

:)

PostPosted: 05/30/09 03:55:48 PM 

Chill Bill wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:

disagreed

I liek storylines to all i was getting at was that most movies are pointless and yet still succeed i watch alot of under the radar movies which often turn out to be better than the blockbusters you feel me..

PostPosted: 06/01/09 11:02:18 AM 

Chill Bill wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:

disagreed

PostPosted: 06/01/09 11:02:53 AM 

and I also defy anyone who watched this abortion of a movie to tell me how it makes any sense whatsoever

PostPosted: 06/01/09 12:34:16 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
and I also defy anyone who watched this abortion of a movie to tell me how it makes any sense whatsoever

I know that when MOD vouches for a movie it is usually cack (that guy has to have the worst taste in movies ever)......but can someone else actually post a short review about this, because if its any good I want to peep it @ the cinema. How does it compare to T3 for e.g.?! On a par?

:-?

PostPosted: 06/01/09 01:43:18 PM 

Mr. T Rick Star wrote:
Ghost Rida wrote:

I know that when MOD vouches for a movie it is usually cack (that guy has to have the worst taste in movies ever)......but can someone else actually post a short review about this, because if its any good I want to peep it @ the cinema. How does it compare to T3 for e.g.?! On a par?

:-?

what you kiddin me?

it blows t3 out of the water

yo jeff, the whole terminator series didn't make to much sense from the get go. I mean john connor sends some guy back to the future to save his mother and he ends up impregnating her to become his father?

i had a discussion with a friend of mine about this. he was thinking too much about it. what don't you understand about it? let me know and maybe i can clue you in a bit

PostPosted: 06/02/09 02:07:12 PM 

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

My thing, Adrian, was the whole idea of Skynet capturing Kyle Reese, then holding him to lure John Connor.....if you have Kyle Reese in your possession, you kill him, which would make John Connor cease to exist.....and why build a half human Terminator, then unleash it out into the world, knowing that it can make its own decisions and potentially help the humans, plus they telegraphed that plot twist from a mile away, it was obvious from the first scene that he was a hybrid, so why play it like it was such a huge revelation

*END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

PostPosted: 06/04/09 12:34:12 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

My thing, Adrian, was the whole idea of Skynet capturing Kyle Reese, then holding him to lure John Connor.....if you have Kyle Reese in your possession, you kill him, which would make John Connor cease to exist.....and why build a half human Terminator, then unleash it out into the world, knowing that it can make its own decisions and potentially help the humans, plus they telegraphed that plot twist from a mile away, it was obvious from the first scene that he was a hybrid, so why play it like it was such a huge revelation

*END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

yeah i understand the whole thing of trying to make it a surprise that he was a hybrid. they should have done a better job with that. they kind od explain the idea of the terminator being able to make his own decisions. he was created to infiltrate a lot easier with humans so they gave him that power. he is a prototype so he is not really the final product. they based the idea that "infiltration" terminators should not be able to think on their own because of marcus.

as far as not killing kyle reese, not sure if i have an answer that would satisfy that gripe. weren't they planning on killing him? they took him away from the general population when he was captured. John saved him before it was possible

PostPosted: 06/22/09 10:18:59 AM 

the first half was great, dope action and nice effects

the 2nd half sucked ass though

I watched all three Terminator movies the week before I saw this and the only one I really liked was the first one. It's true that none of it makes sense though. The entire timeline of these movies is so fucked up you wouldn't believe it. Thank God I passed on The Sarah Conner Chronicles

I'd give this 2,5 Marlons outta 5

PostPosted: 06/22/09 03:19:51 PM 

they lost me at "So that's what death tastes like."

PostPosted: 06/24/09 11:33:32 AM 

As a big fan of the original and the sequel, I was really disappointed by this movie.

A few things that bothered me:

Reese should have been older in my opinion... since it seems that in the very near future, Arnold terminator will be sent back to kill Sarah Conner and John will have to send Reese. Right now he's too young to accomplish any thing that goes down in the original.

Skynet should have no idea who Reese is to begin with... they only know that Sarah Conner is the mother of John. I doubt John or Sarah were foolish enough to make his fathers identity public knowledge so why should they seek him out? They would have went after Reese from day one if they knew who he was.

The hybrid makes no sense at all and apparently when you mix half human and half machine you end up with a total pussy that spends most of the movie whining and getting his ass handed to him.