hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 04/25/14 12:51:48 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: best mma fighter in the world?
PostPosted: 01/08/09 05:08:02 PM 

I'd have to say JSP seems pretty unfuckwitable....but Anderson Silva is a beast.

Post subject: Re: best mma fighter in the world?
PostPosted: 01/08/09 05:14:08 PM 

PostPosted: 01/08/09 06:50:53 PM 

haha....that's funny and incredibly cold at the same time....dude's dying

PostPosted: 01/09/09 10:45:57 AM 

Fedor

PostPosted: 01/10/09 09:29:18 PM 

Cro Cop

PostPosted: 01/18/09 06:34:08 AM 

cereal wrote:
Cro Cop

Wrong. Get your MMA game up. Cro Cop has lost 2 of his last 5 fights, if I know correct, to Kongo and Gonzaga...and the guys he beat have been non-contender pushovers. Dizz, you need to do your homework, too. GSP could very well lose at the end of this month...I think he might be one of the most overrated fighters in the game...compare him to who all the other champions have fought and I rest my case. Don't get me wrong, beating Matt Serra and Matt Hughes is a big deal...but the welterweight division is nowhere as stacked as heavier weight classes.

I ain't gonna be so quick to say Fedor. The guy is great and extremely dangerous...he is one of the greats. There's something about him being untested to me though. Lots of those Pride guys don't handle themselves as well in an octagon. I think he will beat Orlovsky, but stranger things have happened and anyone can be beaten. He may be due, but not just yet. The guy only fights about once a year, too. Anderson Silva is the best in my book. He has knocked off more top guys, does it more decisively, hasn't lost in 3 years and have proven he could even possibly move up in weight. 205 is stacked though, so its not likely. He is already talking retirement, though.

There's a certain peculiarity about MMA that I won't go into until either more people comment on the thread or you ask, though...we'll see.

PostPosted: 01/19/09 09:10:27 PM 

it would be hard to say a. silva is the best fighter in the world if he retires without making a legitimate run in the 205 division, he's obviously a man among boys as far as 185 goes

when gsp loses on the 31st he shouldn't even be mentioned as one of the top pound 4 pound in my opinion, also i don't think he would be successful at 185

PostPosted: 01/21/09 09:43:09 PM 

anderson DESERVES the p4p spot over fedor, simply because he is the more active of the 2...and cus he doesn't bleed like a stuffed pig when hit lol.

on a side not, juaquim hansen (sp?) gets the most underrated fighter award...and shinya aoki gets my vote for coolest pure grappler in mma...and gegard mousasi gets my vote for future bright star.

PostPosted: 01/26/09 05:48:47 PM 

Lord Radiant wrote:
cereal wrote:
Cro Cop

Wrong. Get your MMA game up. Cro Cop has lost 2 of his last 5 fights, if I know correct, to Kongo and Gonzaga...and the guys he beat have been non-contender pushovers. Dizz, you need to do your homework, too. GSP could very well lose at the end of this month...I think he might be one of the most overrated fighters in the game...compare him to who all the other champions have fought and I rest my case. Don't get me wrong, beating Matt Serra and Matt Hughes is a big deal...but the welterweight division is nowhere as stacked as heavier weight classes.

I ain't gonna be so quick to say Fedor. The guy is great and extremely dangerous...he is one of the greats. There's something about him being untested to me though. Lots of those Pride guys don't handle themselves as well in an octagon. I think he will beat Orlovsky, but stranger things have happened and anyone can be beaten. He may be due, but not just yet. The guy only fights about once a year, too. Anderson Silva is the best in my book. He has knocked off more top guys, does it more decisively, hasn't lost in 3 years and have proven he could even possibly move up in weight. 205 is stacked though, so its not likely. He is already talking retirement, though.

There's a certain peculiarity about MMA that I won't go into until either more people comment on the thread or you ask, though...we'll see.

Cro Cop in his prime, man that guy is apart of the Crotian Anti Terrorist Unit, he is trained to kill, I think the fact that hes in the ring prevents him from using his killing instincts. I know he didnt too well in UFC but he held it down with the best of them in Pride and K1. That Gonzaga match was a fluke too, No one knew that High Kick was coming.

I would have to say Penn is the most skilled fighter in the ring. Silva is probably the most dangerous in his weight class, no one in UFC is touchin him.

PostPosted: 02/01/09 11:03:32 PM 

cereal wrote:
Lord Radiant wrote:
cereal wrote:
Cro Cop

Cro Cop in his prime, man that guy is apart of the Crotian Anti Terrorist Unit, he is trained to kill, I think the fact that hes in the ring prevents him from using his killing instincts. I know he didnt too well in UFC but he held it down with the best of them in Pride and K1. That Gonzaga match was a fluke too, No one knew that High Kick was coming.

I would have to say Penn is the most skilled fighter in the ring. Silva is probably the most dangerous in his weight class, no one in UFC is touchin him.

There are some who say CroCop is is roidhead...I don't doubt it and could be reason why he saw a string of loses in UFC with more strict drug testing in US than Japan and Brazil. Also, look at his muscle before and after the fall of Pride.

PostPosted: 04/03/09 03:12:40 PM 

Works hard and is a great role model for everyone, rarely runs his mouth, he works hard and loves what he does
doesnt take shit for granted like most of them, and he is actually a smart guy

PostPosted: 05/21/09 06:53:07 PM 

It's not anderson silva...it's just the fact that the people he goes up against just can't immobilize him. his arms are too long and his legs got a six foot reach. i cannot take away the fact that he has alot of power for someone of his build. As well as a very alert grappler.
But i see his game. there is a reason why they call him the spider.

GSP is a great fighter, but people are getting cuaght up in the hype. he beat b.j. penn (not a note worthy victory) recently with no problem, sure, but he is no where near where he should be as a fighter of his caliber.

These fighters are human beings where as their techniques are prone to revealing their patterns and secrets some in not so subtle ways. but there is a lot more going on than just the fight sometimes...<eyes open>...

PostPosted: 07/08/09 07:03:43 PM 

Im barely getting into this...

i just it was dudes just grabbing each other..but the shit they put themselves to get conditioned is crazy, gotta respect them for that punch me in the fucking face atitude.

PostPosted: 09/28/09 09:01:08 PM 

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Works hard and is a great role model for everyone, rarely runs his mouth, he works hard and loves what he does

Role model? Fool, he used Vaseline on his back during the third round against his most recent fight with BJ Penn after BJ was owning him for two rounds...

GSP is the most overrated fighter in the world...you're Canadian, so you of course have his topless poster on your wall.

PostPosted: 10/06/09 05:49:02 PM 

...^

...HA

PostPosted: 10/07/09 12:07:52 AM 

Lord Radiant wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Role model? Fool, he used Vaseline on his back during the third round against his most recent fight with BJ Penn after BJ was owning him for two rounds...

GSP is the most overrated fighter in the world...you're Canadian, so you of course have his topless poster on your wall.

and your point being, dudes lost 2 fights his whole career nut up or shut up bitch

PostPosted: 10/07/09 06:46:31 PM 

Lord Radiant wrote:
cereal wrote:
Cro Cop

I ain't gonna be so quick to say Fedor. The guy is great and extremely dangerous...he is one of the greats. There's something about him being untested to me though. Lots of those Pride guys don't handle themselves as well in an octagon. I think he will beat Orlovsky, but stranger things have happened and anyone can be beaten.

If Fedor handles Brett Rogers convincingly then I'd have to say him by a landslide... cuz Brett took Arlovsky out quick as a lightning bolt strike.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 11/09/09 04:52:01 PM 

...i have to admit...

anderson silva deserves props for that fade away right handed cross slip to forest griffen's jaw...nice...

PostPosted: 12/06/09 03:18:37 PM 

OKAY KIMBO SLICE GOT A LITTLE GROUND GAME!

Saw that shit the other night, and he fucked that Houston up...

Houston couldn't take the hits, and definitly the slams...too bad it went to decision. But the look on Houston's face was priceless...like he thought he should've won...