hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 04/18/14 06:24:24 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hollywood is fucking up
PostPosted: 10/30/08 09:58:20 PM 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081030/film_nm/us_jackson

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Samuel L. Jackson is taking on another heavy role.

Having most recently played a dirty cop in "Lakeview Terrace," Jackson is set to star as a bad guy again in a remake of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy's 1985 cult classic "The Last Dragon."

Jackson will play Sho'Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, a role played in the original by the late Julius Carry, whose spiel included asking ego-driven questions like "Am I the baddest mofo lowdown around this town?" Each time his gang of thugs answered, "Sho'Nuff!"

Columbia Pictures' updated plot will be along the same lines of the original, centering on young martial arts student Leroy Green in his quest through the streets of New York to achieve the highest level of martial arts accomplishment, known as the Last Dragon. Those who achieve the high ranking possess the Glow, making them the greatest fighter alive.

The original, which also starred one-namers Taimak and then-Prince protegee Vanity, was released in March 1985 by TriStar Pictures and received lukewarm reviews. Roger Ebert said it was a "great near-miss."

"Last Dragon" managed to do well at the box office, grossing nearly $26 million. It soon became a cult classic for scenes like Bruce Lee follower Green remaining so loyal to the martial arts star that he eats his popcorn in a movie theater with chopsticks.

"I'm a huge fan of the original and look forward to bringing Sho'Nuff into the 21st century," said Jackson, who returns to theaters soon alongside the late Bernie Mac in "Soul Men."

Post subject: Re: Hollywood is fucking up
PostPosted: 11/01/08 04:45:06 AM 

If they get someone besides a rapper to play Bruce Leroy...it might do ok.

PostPosted: 11/04/08 06:22:51 AM 

Lord Radiant wrote:
If they get someone besides a rapper to play Bruce Leroy...it might do ok.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 11/04/08 01:06:24 PM 

i dont know about this one, "The Last Dragon" was one of those medicore movies that hit legendary status cause of its cheesy-ness. This movie was perfect, its soundtrack, screenplay, characters made this memorable. It would just ruin the greatness of the original movie if they were to redue it, for some reason I dont see it being done any other way during any other era. We could have better effects, big name actors and musicians, Jon Woo doing choreographs, but it just would not be the same, there is only one Last Dragon. This sounds like an excuse to get more recorded footage of Samuel screaming on camera.

PostPosted: 11/06/08 05:27:48 PM 

hmmm, i don't know.............. i was actually watching this again the other day, i love the original, and to be honest i would love to see what they do , for the simple fact i feel like it's giving my kids something that will help them i dentify with how my childhood was, like if my son likes it, then i can sit down with him and say," ok here's the original one that was made when i was a kid." you know..... but anyways what's up with the a-team?

PostPosted: 11/07/08 01:46:02 PM 

Busta Rhymes is the only guy who can play Sho Nuff outside of the original.

Thats all im saying.

PostPosted: 11/07/08 02:30:21 PM 

El Guapo wrote:

Thats all im saying.

FUNNY you would say that, back in i think 02 or 03 my friend zee was like " man remember that movie where busta rhymes played sho nuff? i was like man that was not busta rhymes....... but he disagreed with me.... lol

PostPosted: 11/08/08 11:21:18 PM 

Busta did do a Sho'nuff skit in one of his videos. I think it was one of the singles for When Disaster Strikes.

PostPosted: 01/31/10 03:37:16 PM 

never happened huh? busta woulda had to have been Shonuff though....you hit the nail on the head

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

PostPosted: 02/25/10 01:27:30 PM 

El Guapo wrote:

Thats all im saying.

only problem with that is who wants to see a big fat bustah rhymes trying to high kick apples off of an Appalonia-look-a-like's dress down?

PostPosted: 02/25/10 06:24:02 PM 

b.p. wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Thats all im saying.

only problem with that is who wants to see a big fat bustah rhymes trying to high kick apples off of an Appalonia-look-a-like's dress down?

haha! i still aint seen pics of him, but keep hearing he got hella big.

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic