hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/29/14 01:07:15 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: madd vs. anom round two.....
PostPosted: 10/05/08 12:53:40 PM 

voters must explain , no one with less than 150 post can vote..... most of five is the winner.....

anom = http://www.zshare.net/audio/1960294492200f30/

madd = http://www.zshare.net/audio/20023653adf038fd/

Post subject: Re: madd vs. anom round two.....
PostPosted: 10/06/08 03:17:46 AM 

ANOM:

Haha, the intro is actually funny.
Had me in a chuckle there.

Flow is tight, and quality is way better than the last one. Also props on your energy and delivery. I still hear that you cut and paste a little, but it's not throwing me off like the last round.

"If I smoked you like chronic, bet I'd barely get high"
"like a burnt victims face your flow ain't recognised"
"Your punches lack proof like D12 you dumb bird" - good line, then again, I'm pretty sure you can't prove most of your verse either.

I liked this:
"Switching shit around like Carey Mari"
But..
Her name is Mariah, right?

"...you're softer than the scull of a foetus at pre-birth"

foetus (plural foetuses or foeti)
(embryology) An unborn or unhatched vertebrate showing signs of the mature animal.
(embryology) An unborn baby after the 7th week of gestation.

(source http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/foetus )

so - pre birth is kind of redundant, no?

"your prewritten battles are wack and rehearsed"

like you freestyled this?

Maddman:

You really set it off with the aha and the aheys at the beginning.
Love the instrumental.
And this laidback style really suits you. And the two of you compliment eachother.
"I miss yo momma that bitch would pop the pussy like a gat plow"
"that's when I met monica with a K, she left her boyfriend found out anomaly was gay"

One thing tho, sometimes the vocal turns out kind of slurred, and I don't think it's your recording, but maybe the way you edit.

SO, Anom came harder, with more agression in attack mode. The intro left me expecting he was going to clown on Maddman, and then he came off more as angry. Now, Both have consistant flows. Maddman switches it up more tho, and that is a plus in my book. Thing is, Maddman don't use anger to bring the energy and still delivers punches while comming off as strikingly cool and laidback, would even be better if he had done that even more IMO. There's no use in bringing all the force in the world if you're met with that. Like the mighty tree and the flexible one or whatever. Maddman went Aikido on Anom the Boxer.

So attitude and flow goes to Maddman.
Also instrumental, way better on Maddman's end. Both suits their verses fine tho.
Punches? I think both could have avoided calling eachother gay, haven't you done that allready? haha
But I got the impression that , tho both had original lines, Anom came with some dope methaphores and probably took that.
I felt Maddman came off more personal, and that seems to hit harder imO.

Also the last part of Maddman's verse is sick. The intro and the outro, I'm loving those haha.
Anom had a funnier intro.

Actually when it comes to consistancy throughout the verse, as far as emotion goes, I think Anom took it.
But, Maddman showed more range, again, next time I hope you keep it a little more laidback, just a little, cause it's you.

My vote goes to Maddman, but this one was closer, and more entertaining, so please make a round three.

peace

PostPosted: 10/06/08 02:25:35 PM 

thanx for the peep... peace.

PostPosted: 10/09/08 06:52:14 PM 

uppin

PostPosted: 10/11/08 04:02:11 PM 

I'd vote but since you think im Anom..i cant, plus you got that rule of no less than 150 post cats cant vote; damn, lost yourself a vote MaddMan

PostPosted: 10/11/08 04:23:50 PM 

Anom--I don't know about the intro. And I don't know why you used the same (weak) beat. The rhymes were on point though. Your overdubs and punch-ins were hellof sloppy though.

Madd--Man, what you got a Uptown Saturday Night sample pack or some shit? Haha. Nah, I always appreciate a Curtis Mayfield loop though. As far as the rhymes go, I thought you were on point. I miss your mama, the bitch can pop her pussy like a gat, blow. I like the overall style and approach. It's more like my own battle style--more just clowning than anything.

So yeah, I thought this was close. Like 2tall was saying, y'all both got contrasting styles. Anom with the more agressive style. Maddman with the more clowning style. So it's a weird comparison but I got to give the edge to Maddman for making the more enjoyable track.

Vote--Maddman

PostPosted: 10/11/08 05:21:38 PM 

Skorp-Eon wrote:
I'd vote but since you think im Anom..i cant, plus you got that rule of no less than 150 post cats cant vote; damn, lost yourself a vote MaddMan

never know, and thanx for the reassurance , but it's cool, i don't mind losing a vote to make the battle fair...... doug thanx for peepin' .... peace

PostPosted: 10/11/08 08:15:45 PM 

oh yeah, and i am a big fan of old school myself... you should of picked that up with that exit peice(smokey robinson) i put on there at the end..... but yeah i looped that beat too , and added a couple of silenced parts to the punches.....