hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/30/14 10:13:42 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Letter to NasII
PostPosted: 09/06/08 08:23:48 PM 

Nas,

You are correct when you say, “We are the Slave and the Master”. However, before we reveal that understanding we should expand on this idea of our struggle and the good interpretation of our current situation. You see, Sly Fox tell us in so many words that our immorality causes our misery, that our absent fathers is the sole reason we do not finally overcome. I think there are some other reasons too why “we” do not finally overcome. Lets investigate Sly Fox synonymously with the Republican Party and see if we, the slave and the master, can come together to elect Barack Obama.

Republicans spent their whole convention belittling Barack Obama, the next president of the United States, because brothers, we will meet two goals:
1) Stop Killing Each Other and
2) Elect Barack Obama

Which of his ideas did they challenge? Not only did they not challenge any of his ideas, but the very man Sly Fox is belittling, they borrow from, steal Barack Obama’s theme of change and hope. They steal his theme but don’t really ever plan on using his theme, because his theme is real to him; it’s his passion. A presidential candidate hasn’t visited the Crow Indian Reservation in over forty years, but Barack Obama, he visited the Crow people (http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com; my.barackobama.com). Barack Obama’s Change possibly includes Native American people, which any theme of national, political change should include, visiting and listening to the least among us, the Native Americans and Alaska Natives. Sarah Palin, what is the plight like of the Alaska Natives? Barack Obama proves to me that his ‘Change’ is sincere, making it comprehensive and inclusive. In addition, he called on African American males to raise, read to and be responsible for their children—another proof of his comprehensive ‘Change’.

Would Jesus Christ disagree with talking to your enemies, knowing that he commanded his brothers and sisters to love their enemies? Sly Fox, Sarah Palin says, “What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet?” They belittle Barack Obama and mock him, The Community Organizer. If his community organizing includes the Crow Indian people, then I see every reason to vote Barack Obama for President of the United States of America. Current conditions in-and-around Crow Agency, the area Barack Obama visited, people, Native Americans struggle; they also struggle on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota; and struggle on the Omaha Tribe Reservation, in Nebraska. Barack Obama is not Christ, but he is a student of Jesus, because he visited people no other presidential candidate in the last 40 years visited—That’s Change and living your faith.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Even the tax collectors do the same, don't they?

With Native Americans and Alaska Natives living in third world conditions right here in this country, I find it difficult to believe that Republicans, or any presidential candidate for that matter before Barack Obama ever really considered strengthening America also mean including people like those that President Barack Obama visited. These states cannot be united or strengthened if the aforementioned peoples remain without a leader that respects them enough to visit them. We, black people, have come a long way in less than 50 years; in fact, we have a black man, a Community Organizer, running for president, and what I know about community organizers are that they work for change, listen and are spiritual people. If we meet our first goal and stop killing each other, then we can help Barack Obama achieve his comprehensive and inclusive change. A change Republicans cannot imitate. Elect Barack Obama. Become a slave to peace in order for us to gain an opportunity to master our destiny.

In the name of Father, Son and Spirit, Amen

Post subject: Re: Letter to NasII
PostPosted: 09/07/08 01:50:18 PM 

what is with the religious under tones "Father, Son and Spirit, Amen"
who the fuck cares
and talk about belittling towards other candidates...hahaha...
I hope those who vote for Obama do so with a strong conviction
cause he might turn out to be just like every other president...
Change indeed...

PostPosted: 09/07/08 01:57:10 PM 

on a side note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SOvB5VNvY

PostPosted: 09/08/08 03:07:00 PM 

Soulkid wrote:
what is with the religious under tones "Father, Son and Spirit, Amen"
who the fuck cares
and talk about belittling towards other candidates...hahaha...
I hope those who vote for Obama do so with a strong conviction
cause he might turn out to be just like every other president...
Change indeed...

There is a religious under tone in Nas' album, everything is either righteous or wicked. Never thought I would ever conclude that someone is a greater cynic than I but Soulkid, you maybe that person. Do you not understand the positive backlash of Obama's running for president? He may turn out to be the status quo president, but see the bigger picture, see some of the unconfident walls being broken down in the hearts and minds of young black men. Like Mike Jordan influencing a whole generation of basketball players to better their games, Obama will influence a whole generation of blacks to consider leadership positions. What will happen if he actually wins? Oh my God. HIs historical run is bigger than your cynicism and apathy and I hope none of us are to selfish to appreciate it. Your anger with religion may hinder your development as a spiritual person, and as a spiritual, the affect of Obama's run is far more important than his actual running. I hate religion as well, but I love my faith and my faith is in God, HIs Son and in the collective truth of believers across religious lines.

:coolsmoke:

PostPosted: 09/09/08 01:38:34 PM 

I don 't have anger toward religion
It's just that religion should have noting to do with politics!
I'd rather vote for an Atheist if given the chance but that's just hearsay
I don't have faith in an unknown God or deity I have store my strength in my people & my leaders
as you may have subtly pointed out.
Did I say anything against Obama NO all I said is you better look deep
rather than have blind faith(in anything)!

PostPosted: 09/10/08 09:13:12 AM 

Soulkid wrote:
I don 't have anger toward religion
It's just that religion should have noting to do with politics!
I'd rather vote for an Atheist if given the chance but that's just hearsay
I don't have faith in an unknown God or deity I have store my strength in my people & my leaders
as you may have subtly pointed out.
Did I say anything against Obama NO all I said is you better look deep
rather than have blind faith(in anything)!

What people and what leaders do you have faith in, I guess is the best place to begin this discourse, and considering the horrific failures of people (leaders), then is not your faith equally blind?

:coolsmoke:

PostPosted: 09/10/08 02:50:11 PM 

I don't have FAITH in people & leaders
I look into what they do/have done
& make my own opinions based on that
Not propaganda!

PostPosted: 09/15/08 12:14:00 PM 

How does your opinion help your community, and because, you are not guided by propaganda, how does that help take our country in a better direction? You have done well in freeing yourself from being controlled, obviously, but now what? How are you trying to free me and the others that have stopped in on this thread, what's your insight? I appreciate your opinion, but bang out alternatives that are practical; bang out a philosophy "we" can rally around; lets have a discourse. You have more of the Pac, fuck the world attitude, and we need to be more like Snoop or Jay-z, and lets use the world, including the political process.

Also, you did say in your previous post, that you store your faith in people and leaders, which led to me asking you about those people and leaders; so, at the very least, be prudent and consistent, please.

PostPosted: 09/16/08 08:55:25 AM 

I totally get what your saying
and sorry for being short with you
its just how I've been feeling
also I said I store my strength in MY leaders
faith has noting to do with it.
and your right my way of thinking doesn't necessarily help
my community I'm working on that
I was very much into Ron Paul as a candidate(but I'm Canadian so it had a little less to do with me)
I do also post videos & healthy dialog sometimes on my blog
which I'd like to do more of
peace

PostPosted: 09/17/08 11:30:16 AM 

More insight...I am starting to like you. I will check out your blog.