hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/22/14 12:38:25 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maccarinelli vs Haye
PostPosted: 03/07/08 11:06:45 AM 

Showtme Championship boxing Maccarinelli vs Haye followed by Showtime Elitexc K. Shamrock vs Berry.

http://www.sho.com/site/sports/flash.do ... shocom_nav
http://www.sho.com/site/sports/flash.do ... shocom_nav

Post subject: Re: Maccarinelli vs Haye
PostPosted: 03/07/08 10:12:19 PM 

this fight and the juan diaz fight are gonna be what i'll be watching this weekend (peter should ko old man maskaev, so i don't care much for that one).

this is yet another big UK superfight, and i'm a fan of the two. BOTH guys are insanely hard 200lb punchers, and both guys are a bit lacking in the defense department...thus these qualities always make for a great bout. i like enzo maccarinelli's character better, and the guy has got good skills, but haye is the clear favorite by many of the oddsmakers.

david haye is one of my favorite fighters out there. almost never in a boring fight, fast hands, and INCREDIBLE power. i've seen his youtube videos of his amateur career as a young teenager, and he still was knocking guys out cold with 16oz+ gloves and head gear. after this bout, win or lose, he said he's done fighting at cruiserweight and will move up. he had 1 fight at heavyweight last year and he absolutely destroyed the naturally bigger man. his powered moved up well. the only question is whether or not he'll be able to take a true HW punch, since he'll be light years ahead of everyone else in terms of speed and reflexes. and on top of that, i think he's what the heavyweight division needs. he has the power/style to attract fight fans and (no homo) the looks to attract the ladies the way a young oscar de la hoya did.

things i don't like about haye...he's a playboy/pretty boy/former model, and i've never really liked fighters like that. i've always been fans of poor-desperate/working class boxers. the guy is a club rat and a myspace whore...not the type i (like to) see as a champion. the fucker keeps his left waaay too low and his stamina is suspect despite him having such an athletic build...he and his trainers blame it on trying to maintain his weight at the 200lb weight class for so many years, which imo is believable. the guy has a huge frame for a cruiserweight, and he's been killing himself to make that weight for quite some time. afterall, miguell cotto was thought to have a suspect chin at 140, and many were saying that he'd probably get KO'd when moving to 147. that hasn't been the case at all, as miguel is a beast and so much stronger at 147 than he was at 140. anyway, hay has also got great reflexes, but he isn't a roy jones - he usually gets hit, and hit a lot depending on how touch his opponent is.

some footage of him for us yanks who haven't seen much of the hayemaker.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJ5IcpRx9KY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sORAvCv1Yj0

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:10:30 AM 

damn, that Gurov KO was fierce

PostPosted: 03/10/08 01:42:27 PM 

haye is the effin man. he massacred big mac like nothing in 2 rounds. his power is insane. he'll make a great additions to the heavyweights if his chin can stand up to the big boys. regardless the guy is fast as hell, so he should be able to avoid the bombs of most of the sluggish 250lb. wlad may possibly kill him tho, but even then i'd say haye has a good chance of catchin klit on that not-so-great chin of his.

PostPosted: 03/10/08 06:30:40 PM 

RoundPants wrote:
haye is the effin man. he massacred big mac like nothing in 2 rounds. his power is insane. he'll make a great additions to the heavyweights if his chin can stand up to the big boys. regardless the guy is fast as hell, so he should be able to avoid the bombs of most of the sluggish 250lb. wlad may possibly kill him tho, but even then i'd say haye has a good chance of catchin klit on that not-so-great chin of his.

damn, i saw that fight with enzo and i gotta say dude's made a fan outta me

PostPosted: 03/11/08 09:17:47 PM 

20 knockouts in 21 wins, with a handful of them ever coming out of the 2nd round.

the guy's a freakin' stud despite his defensive flaws. he fights everyone no matter what the risk, he could've gone up to HW after the mormeck victory (since he was the REAL cruiserweight champ) but instead decided to stick around and fight mac cus it's what the british fans wanted to see. the kid is a big risk-taker so i give him props for taking chances that he doesn't have to for the sake of the fans. he has the star quality and style to make it big in america when he decides to move to heavyweight. i just pray his questionable chin and stamina problems will be solved now that he doesn't have to shed all that weight.

peep his single HW pro fight against #7 ranked WBC heavy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QOF0XLBhfbo

PostPosted: 03/11/08 10:53:02 PM 

yahoo article on Haye:

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AmBCuRKCu6wJpNwKq4ZWwleUxLYF?slug=ro-haye030908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns