It is currently 07/25/14 04:02:53 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mayweather vs Hatton HBO Countdown
PostPosted: 12/16/07 01:23:36 PM 

MarlonJackson wrote:
D-S I R E wrote:
MarlonJackson wrote:
Funkytoez wrote:
I'm rooting for Hatton to win this fight. I like his fighting style and Mayweather needs to be taken down a peg or too. His ego's waaaaay too big. With that being said, I think Mayweather will win.

since when is throwing a couple punches and then hugging a guy a fighting style? more like dancing drunk at a wedding reception.

I'm Refreshing Your Memory..
:cantbelieve:

motherfucker i'm talking about hatton...let me show you how reading comprehension works...he said...

Funkytoez wrote:
I'm rooting for Hatton to win this fight. I like his fighting style

I said...

MarlonJackson wrote:
since when is throwing a couple punches and then hugging a guy a fighting style? more like dancing drunk at a wedding reception.

I just bashed on Hatton's whole fighting style and I'm for Hatton?

My Badd I swear You Was Going For Hatton!
My Badd :afro: For Talking Shit to You Cuz..

PostPosted: 12/19/07 04:33:11 PM 

The Authority wrote:
MrEncinas wrote:
The Authority wrote:
As much as people rag on Mayweather about his cockiness and ego talk, is this tactic not straight outta the mental warfare manual of none other than...

...and didn't you see the end of the fight when Mayweather went to Hatton and hugged the guy and gave him his loser props? He's a professional and he does all the braggadocia for the media and fans with a side effect of mental affect on the opponent. Mayweather is the best. I wish he'd just retire after one more and be done at 40-0.

Theres a difference between the two though. Ali always came off more friendly and likeable. Mayweather just acts like a dick.

That's subjective...when Ali was still Clay, wasn't everyone always saying what a big mouth he had?

EXACTLY...that's how it always is too....later he is respected and funny...at the time he's an idiot who cant keep his mouth shut.

"Fuck the Bushes and the hicks up in the woods equipped wit hoods, return of Jesus and the media, we need to take a look at kids/On the block hollow wit a glock and no cause, coulda followed, but i lead, so i need that weed tomorrow..."- Heretic Skeptic

PostPosted: 12/19/07 04:37:26 PM 

heretic wrote:
The Authority wrote:
MrEncinas wrote:
The Authority wrote:
As much as people rag on Mayweather about his cockiness and ego talk, is this tactic not straight outta the mental warfare manual of none other than...

...and didn't you see the end of the fight when Mayweather went to Hatton and hugged the guy and gave him his loser props? He's a professional and he does all the braggadocia for the media and fans with a side effect of mental affect on the opponent. Mayweather is the best. I wish he'd just retire after one more and be done at 40-0.

Theres a difference between the two though. Ali always came off more friendly and likeable. Mayweather just acts like a dick.

That's subjective...when Ali was still Clay, wasn't everyone always saying what a big mouth he had?

EXACTLY...that's how it always is too....later he is respected and funny...at the time he's an idiot who cant keep his mouth shut.

could be, I'm 20 so I have no idea how he was perceived back in his fighting days. Just from what I've seen from him it has always come off as playful and funny.

PostPosted: 12/27/07 08:56:24 PM 

I have two major problems with boxing.. to the point I went from a fan of the sport, to barely peeping the replays on HBO..

1. The lame ass refs are getting more and more pussy... and suspect... with their judgement calls with every fight I watch..

2. The fighters spirit. You know what I'm talking about. The shit that keeps fighters hopping into the ring long after they've been out of their prime. Theres also its ugly cousin, fighters greed/need depending on the boxers financial situation. Granted this has been happening for ages with almost every boxer of note, but it finally took its toll on me.

As for Mayweather, he does not have that fighters spirit. He's an extremely proficient technical boxer, but he fights with more head than heart, which pretty much takes the wind out of your sails to watch him fight anyone. He'll definitely bounce before he falls from grace, he doesn't even LIKE boxing. In regards to him fighting MMA, he'll most likely get his ass handed to him. He isn't aggressive enough to compete with a mixed martial artist without a background in it and he's going to need that heart im talking about to mix it up in that style of fighting.

PostPosted: 12/31/07 12:22:32 PM 

That was the first time that I was very impressed with Mayweather. He handled his business but Hatton gave him all he could handle.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880