hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/25/14 11:58:37 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: jermain taylor vs kelly pavlik this weekend
PostPosted: 09/27/07 09:39:38 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/24/02 07:25:48 PM
Posts: 1814
Location: right in the middle of it
this fight should be fireworks. finally, taylor is gonna fight someone with brutal KO power who doesn't stop coming forward. i can see taylor winning by decision because of his speed, jab, and experience, but i HOPE pavlik ko's that inconsistent prick. both guys are giant middleweights, so it should be interesting to see how jermain does against someone as big as he is.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/27/07 10:01:07 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7521
Location: the top shelf
i got Pavlik takin' this by KO

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/28/07 08:19:41 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/01/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5145
Location: C-Town OH 10
Must See TV right here... I'm rooting for Pavlik cuz I don't like Taylor, I think he's overrated.

_________________
"If at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong"

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/29/07 11:10:20 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/28/04 09:00:05 PM
Posts: 7722
Location: Canada
I'm rooting for Pavlik, but i think this should be a pretty good match up because both fighters are a lil different in there styles pavlik is more of a stand up free swinger, while Taylors more of a insidequick hands type of guy

should be good

_________________
Battle Record 54-41


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/29/07 09:25:33 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/01/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5145
Location: C-Town OH 10
Funkytoez wrote:
Must See TV right here... I'm rooting for Pavlik cuz I don't like Taylor, I think he's overrated.


Fucking great fight! :o Pavlik has BIG TIME power.

_________________
"If at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong"

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/29/07 10:38:58 PM 
Offline

Joined: 03/03/04 08:55:16 PM
Posts: 421
Location: Montreal, Canada
Both fights was nice, Pav nearly got stopped in the second, he came back and ended it in style.

_________________
Real cat’s rep for the art,
Commercial cat’s rep for the charts,
Fake cat’s rep with no heart…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/29/07 11:21:02 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
Conspiracy Theory wrote:
I'm rooting for Pavlik, but i think this should be a pretty good match up because both fighters are a lil different in there styles pavlik is more of a stand up free swinger, while Taylors more of a insidequick hands type of guy

should be good


thanks for the analysis, fols. we had no idea.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/30/07 01:40:28 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/24/02 07:25:48 PM
Posts: 1814
Location: right in the middle of it
holy fuck, that was a championship fight. these are the ones that should be shown on national television like in the old days. garbage like mayweather de la hoya should never get as much hype as a classic fight between 2 unbeaten power punchers that are guaranteed to go toe-2-toe.

pavlik is sick, he is great for boxing. the guy knows how to finish, and not only does he throw some of the hardest punches in recent middleweight history, he has an insanely high workrate/punch output. i was surprised at how big he was compared to taylor. taylor is a giant middleweight, but he looked so much smaller in there. pavlik isn't as muscular as jermain, but his frame is huge, and he's got shoulders as broad as a light heavyweight so he gets mad leverage into those power shots even when it doesn't look like he's throwing everything into 'em.

berto vs estrada was a great scrap too. i had a feeling estrada would give berto hell since he was a better version of cosme rivera who bert struggled with.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/30/07 10:49:56 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/01/07 07:57:14 AM
Posts: 1045
Location: ''GUN'RU'' MI
RoundPants wrote:
holy fuck, that was a championship fight. these are the ones that should be shown on national television like in the old days. garbage like mayweather de la hoya should never get as much hype as a classic fight between 2 unbeaten power punchers that are guaranteed to go toe-2-toe.

pavlik is sick, he is great for boxing. the guy knows how to finish, and not only does he throw some of the hardest punches in recent middleweight history, he has an insanely high workrate/punch output. i was surprised at how big he was compared to taylor. taylor is a giant middleweight, but he looked so much smaller in there. pavlik isn't as muscular as jermain, but his frame is huge, and he's got shoulders as broad as a light heavyweight so he gets mad leverage into those power shots even when it doesn't look like he's throwing everything into 'em.

berto vs estrada was a great scrap too. i had a feeling estrada would give berto hell since he was a better version of cosme rivera who bert struggled with.



Taylor Loves being Hit and Riding tha Ropes...
And Kelly Got Lots of Power somebody Had To Fall..
I could Have Won Big Money In Vegas.
I knew J.T Was Going To lose!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/30/07 12:01:09 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
D-S I R E wrote:
RoundPants wrote:
holy fuck, that was a championship fight. these are the ones that should be shown on national television like in the old days. garbage like mayweather de la hoya should never get as much hype as a classic fight between 2 unbeaten power punchers that are guaranteed to go toe-2-toe.

pavlik is sick, he is great for boxing. the guy knows how to finish, and not only does he throw some of the hardest punches in recent middleweight history, he has an insanely high workrate/punch output. i was surprised at how big he was compared to taylor. taylor is a giant middleweight, but he looked so much smaller in there. pavlik isn't as muscular as jermain, but his frame is huge, and he's got shoulders as broad as a light heavyweight so he gets mad leverage into those power shots even when it doesn't look like he's throwing everything into 'em.

berto vs estrada was a great scrap too. i had a feeling estrada would give berto hell since he was a better version of cosme rivera who bert struggled with.



Taylor Loves being Hit and Riding tha Ropes...
And Kelly Got Lots of Power somebody Had To Fall..
I could Have Won Big Money In Vegas.
I knew J.T Was Going To lose!



Fols Jr.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/30/07 04:19:59 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/01/07 07:57:14 AM
Posts: 1045
Location: ''GUN'RU'' MI
MarlonJackson wrote:
D-S I R E wrote:
RoundPants wrote:
holy fuck, that was a championship fight. these are the ones that should be shown on national television like in the old days. garbage like mayweather de la hoya should never get as much hype as a classic fight between 2 unbeaten power punchers that are guaranteed to go toe-2-toe.

pavlik is sick, he is great for boxing. the guy knows how to finish, and not only does he throw some of the hardest punches in recent middleweight history, he has an insanely high workrate/punch output. i was surprised at how big he was compared to taylor. taylor is a giant middleweight, but he looked so much smaller in there. pavlik isn't as muscular as jermain, but his frame is huge, and he's got shoulders as broad as a light heavyweight so he gets mad leverage into those power shots even when it doesn't look like he's throwing everything into 'em.

berto vs estrada was a great scrap too. i had a feeling estrada would give berto hell since he was a better version of cosme rivera who bert struggled with.



Taylor Loves being Hit and Riding tha Ropes...
And Kelly Got Lots of Power somebody Had To Fall..
I could Have Won Big Money In Vegas.
I knew J.T Was Going To lose!



Fols Jr.



You Love To Kiss Your Daddy's Balls Don't You BOY!
Now If You So Smart Why Can't You Stay With Tha Subject?
You Fag Reject! ''Tha King Of Clog Tha Threads''

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/30/07 10:20:00 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
D-S I R E wrote:
MarlonJackson wrote:
D-S I R E wrote:
RoundPants wrote:
holy fuck, that was a championship fight. these are the ones that should be shown on national television like in the old days. garbage like mayweather de la hoya should never get as much hype as a classic fight between 2 unbeaten power punchers that are guaranteed to go toe-2-toe.

pavlik is sick, he is great for boxing. the guy knows how to finish, and not only does he throw some of the hardest punches in recent middleweight history, he has an insanely high workrate/punch output. i was surprised at how big he was compared to taylor. taylor is a giant middleweight, but he looked so much smaller in there. pavlik isn't as muscular as jermain, but his frame is huge, and he's got shoulders as broad as a light heavyweight so he gets mad leverage into those power shots even when it doesn't look like he's throwing everything into 'em.

berto vs estrada was a great scrap too. i had a feeling estrada would give berto hell since he was a better version of cosme rivera who bert struggled with.



Taylor Loves being Hit and Riding tha Ropes...
And Kelly Got Lots of Power somebody Had To Fall..
I could Have Won Big Money In Vegas.
I knew J.T Was Going To lose!



Fols Jr.



You Love To Kiss Your Daddy's Balls Don't You BOY!
Now If You So Smart Why Can't You Stay With Tha Subject?
You Fag Reject! ''Tha King Of Clog Tha Threads''


nigga, you can't even formulate an opinion and i'm clogging threads? you and fols just love to point out the obvious. you'd get no points on Around The Horn for your bullshit insight.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/01/07 03:48:37 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/01/07 07:57:14 AM
Posts: 1045
Location: ''GUN'RU'' MI
Will Woody This Not Espn! But a Sports forum So I Speak On Sports
I See You Don't Have Your Own Life And unable To Think With Your Own Mind. You Talkin To Me Like I'm Your Friend?
When I comment That's How I FEEL Homie..
I'm JR To Nobody!

But This How You Build Posts You Fake Internet Gangsta.

Anyways Taylor was Lucky, His Last Two Fights.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/01/07 06:20:03 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7521
Location: the top shelf
worst response ever

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/01/07 08:02:31 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
larry merchant provides more insight than you do. i'm about to pull the virtual gat on you, son.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/01/07 08:28:52 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/06/04 11:35:04 AM
Posts: 3559
Location: Miami
MarlonJackson wrote:
larry merchant provides more insight than you do. i'm about to pull the virtual gat on you, son.
:cold:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/02/07 08:39:04 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/01/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5145
Location: C-Town OH 10
Taylor said he wants a rematch but I honestly think he'd get knocked out again. Pavlik is on a mission and I can't think of any middleweight right now that could stand in there and go toe to toe with him.

_________________
"If at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong"

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/02/07 06:41:50 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/01/07 07:57:14 AM
Posts: 1045
Location: ''GUN'RU'' MI
That's All I was Saying!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/05/07 12:57:04 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
D-S I R E wrote:
That's All I was Saying!


why didn't you say that then?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/05/07 02:32:13 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 4618
Location: Oxnard, California
MarlonJackson wrote:
larry merchant provides more insight than you do.


I always laugh when Harold gives his score and Larry has to chime in like "I have it even" or some shit. No one asked you, Larry.

On a side note, Kelly is that dude.

_________________
Ya tu sabes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group