hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/25/14 02:54:40 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/23/07 09:06:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/06/04 11:35:04 AM
Posts: 3559
Location: Miami
god damn

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/24/07 09:44:57 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7521
Location: the top shelf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/24/07 11:31:00 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/18/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 9118
Location: The good ship Albion
Brad Piff wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassili_Zaitsev

"Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev (March 23, 1915–December 15, 1991) was a Soviet sniper during World War II, notable particularly for his activities between November 10 and December 17, 1942 during the Battle of Stalingrad. He killed 225 soldiers and officers of the Wehrmacht and other Axis armies, including 11 enemy snipers.[1] Prior to 10 November, he had already killed 32 Axis soldiers with the standard-issue Mosin-Nagant rifle (tryokhlineyka, "three line rifle").[1] Between October 1942 and January 1943, Zaytsev had made 242 verified kills,[2] but the real number may be much higher,[3] some argue it might have been as many as 400.[4] His military rank at the time was Junior Lieutenant."

"his rifle is now engraved with the words: "To the Hero of the Soviet Union Zaytsev Vasily, who buried in Stalingrad more than 300 fascists."[1] (The rifle is now on exhibit in the Volgograd State Panoramic Museum's "Stalingrad Battle" exhibit.[5]) "

Awards

Hero of the Soviet Union
Order of Lenin
Order of the Red Banner
Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class
Medal for the Defence of Stalingrad
Medal For the Victory Over Germany


Awesome.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/24/07 03:32:53 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/24/04 10:14:14 PM
Posts: 13572
Location: Guguletu
marky marklar wrote:
Brad Piff wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassili_Zaitsev

"Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev (March 23, 1915–December 15, 1991) was a Soviet sniper during World War II, notable particularly for his activities between November 10 and December 17, 1942 during the Battle of Stalingrad. He killed 225 soldiers and officers of the Wehrmacht and other Axis armies, including 11 enemy snipers.[1] Prior to 10 November, he had already killed 32 Axis soldiers with the standard-issue Mosin-Nagant rifle (tryokhlineyka, "three line rifle").[1] Between October 1942 and January 1943, Zaytsev had made 242 verified kills,[2] but the real number may be much higher,[3] some argue it might have been as many as 400.[4] His military rank at the time was Junior Lieutenant."

"his rifle is now engraved with the words: "To the Hero of the Soviet Union Zaytsev Vasily, who buried in Stalingrad more than 300 fascists."[1] (The rifle is now on exhibit in the Volgograd State Panoramic Museum's "Stalingrad Battle" exhibit.[5]) "

Awards

Hero of the Soviet Union
Order of Lenin
Order of the Red Banner
Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class
Medal for the Defence of Stalingrad
Medal For the Victory Over Germany


Awesome.


its the "including 11 enemy snipers" part that gets me. And how unapologetic and ruthless the words on his rifle are. Plus the guy died peacefully in his late 70's. How neat is that.

Fuckin ruskies.

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
Change that Fresh in your name to Mildewy, faggot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/24/07 06:12:33 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/24/04 10:14:14 PM
Posts: 13572
Location: Guguletu
Marklar you'll like this one too i just ran into:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin

"Shulgin is credited with the popularizing of MDMA in the late 1970s and early 1980s, especially for psychopharmaceutical use and the treatment of depression and Post-traumatic stress disorder. In subsequent years, Shulgin discovered, synthesized, and bioassayed over 230 psychoactive compounds. In 1991 and 1997, he and his wife Ann Shulgin authored the books PiHKAL and TiHKAL on the topic of psychoactive drugs. Shulgin discovered many noteworthy phenethylamines including the 2C* family of which 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 2C-E, 2C-I, and 2C-B are most well known. Additionally, Shulgin performed seminal work into the descriptive synthesis of compounds based on the organic compound tryptamine.

He is currently continuing his work at home in Lafayette, California, and is writing a new comprehensive psychedelic drug index."

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
Change that Fresh in your name to Mildewy, faggot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/25/07 02:55:45 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/14/04 04:41:31 AM
Posts: 4707
MrEncinas wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoichi_Yokoi


yeah, but THIS guy was the last to surrender

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/25/07 08:55:30 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/18/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 9118
Location: The good ship Albion
Brad Piff wrote:
Marklar you'll like this one too i just ran into:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin

"Shulgin is credited with the popularizing of MDMA in the late 1970s and early 1980s, especially for psychopharmaceutical use and the treatment of depression and Post-traumatic stress disorder. In subsequent years, Shulgin discovered, synthesized, and bioassayed over 230 psychoactive compounds. In 1991 and 1997, he and his wife Ann Shulgin authored the books PiHKAL and TiHKAL on the topic of psychoactive drugs. Shulgin discovered many noteworthy phenethylamines including the 2C* family of which 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 2C-E, 2C-I, and 2C-B are most well known. Additionally, Shulgin performed seminal work into the descriptive synthesis of compounds based on the organic compound tryptamine.

He is currently continuing his work at home in Lafayette, California, and is writing a new comprehensive psychedelic drug index."


haha! I'm gonna sue this fucker for my fucked up short term memory.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/26/07 05:50:57 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/03/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5074
Location: All your base are belong to us
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

I thought I was the only one that ever experienced this until I found that and started reading up on it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/27/07 10:58:26 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/08/04 03:08:37 AM
Posts: 1644
Location: Cali
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

_________________
Image
Shaggy's Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/27/07 11:02:03 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/18/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 9118
Location: The good ship Albion
Shaggy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken


:o

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/27/07 12:22:00 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/03/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5074
Location: All your base are belong to us
marky marklar wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken


:o


Wow....just wow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/27/07 01:16:53 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7521
Location: the top shelf
Darion wrote:
marky marklar wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken


:o


Wow....just wow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/29/07 10:29:19 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/28/04 09:00:05 PM
Posts: 7722
Location: Canada
Salamander (Zoids)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamander_%28Zoids%29

_________________
Battle Record 54-41


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/17/07 04:12:12 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/05/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 768
Location: Oregon
Gravity bong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 11/17/07 09:14:56 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/24/04 10:14:14 PM
Posts: 13572
Location: Guguletu
Rich Deluxe wrote:
Darion wrote:
marky marklar wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken


:o


Wow....just wow.


"In March 1947, at a motel in Phoenix on a stopover while traveling back home from tour, Mike started choking in the middle of the night."

man why did this chicken have to go out like a coked out hollywood actor. AHAHAHAH

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
Change that Fresh in your name to Mildewy, faggot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/17/07 09:33:05 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/03/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5074
Location: All your base are belong to us
He was even the equivalent of 27 in chicken years. Mike was a rock star.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/18/07 07:53:49 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/18/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 9118
Location: The good ship Albion
Darion wrote:
He was even the equivalent of 27 in chicken years. Mike was a rock star.


you should add him to Club 27 on Wikipedia, see how long it lasts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/19/07 07:43:06 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/14/04 04:41:31 AM
Posts: 4707
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawn

"Yawning may occur less frequently in persons with schizophrenia."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/21/07 03:23:02 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/03/02 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 5074
Location: All your base are belong to us
Hellh0und wrote:


I tried the soda bottle gravity bong once with an empty 2 liter bottle and a huge plastic tupperware dish full of water. This was before the days of youtube, I was just reading and following instructions. On the first try, I got 2 lungs full of water that I never saw coming.

I never tried it again. Saw it done properly years later on youtube. Still feel pretty stupid. The instructions never explicitly said lift the bottle out of the water.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wikipedia of the day
PostPosted: 11/23/07 12:48:01 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 7521
Location: the top shelf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Rockefeller

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group