hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/30/14 09:00:29 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/13/07 11:12:39 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/01/03 02:47:20 PM
Posts: 8650
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

League ID: 434765
Password: elements

I know last year was type wild with the sudden stat changes in the middle of the season and what not, but none of that will happen.

The Draft Day is not official, so don't worry about that. However, I wanna do it after Pre-Season due to injuries, etc. As far as stats are concerned, I'll be doing it right now, but feel free to give in your opinion...same for rosters.

12 team league, if I see more people wanna join, I'll change it.

_________________
Image
"Speed knots on ya head make ya niggas bleed burgundy."


Last edited by Mic Check on 08/21/07 04:46:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 11:30:51 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
WRs better not be getting points for catches again. QBs better not get points for completions either. Skep knows he got over on some bullshit last year.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 12:46:36 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 06/21/02 03:15:30 AM
Posts: 4528
Location: cali
im interested, but im leaving the country tomorrow for 2 weeks... can we have the draft then? when does the season start?

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYNQCKU84Y


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 12:59:47 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/01/03 02:47:20 PM
Posts: 8650
Season starts on Opening Day, which is September 6th I believe.

_________________
Image
"Speed knots on ya head make ya niggas bleed burgundy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 04:48:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/04/03 05:15:12 PM
Posts: 12753
Im in this piece

Yo baby is being born the last week or so of August.

I wouldnt mind doing one of those nights.

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
I could've people elbowed her in the forehead for that dumb shit,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/13/07 04:52:15 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/24/02 07:07:01 PM
Posts: 3339
Location: 617
Mic Check wrote:
As far as stats are concerned, I'll be doing it right now, but feel free to give in your opinion



my opinions:

why is rushing 20 yards per point but receiving 30 yards? they should be the same number, whatever it is.

regarding defense, i never liked the way yahoo did their points. points allowed is the biggest stat for defense...fuck sacks and interceptions. i think the point breakdown for points allowed should be as follows:

Points Allowed 0 points: 50 Points
Points Allowed 1-6 points 20 Points
Points Allowed 7-13 points 10 Points
Points Allowed 14-20 points 5 Points
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 Points
Points Allowed 28-34 points -10 Points
Points Allowed 35+ points -15 Points

my reasoning is this - if a defense doesn't give up any points in real football, its a guaranteed win, so it should be in fantasy as well. the other numbers are more on point with what i think defenses should be worth in fantasy. if a quarterback or running back has a great day theyre gonna get 30 someodd points, so a great day for a defense (1-6 points) should be at least 20, and we'll assume if they play that well then they will probably have some sacks, interceptions, and maybe even a defensive score that puts them into the 30s.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 08:09:49 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
its stragey nigga, draft a good defense early then

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 08:35:37 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/06/04 11:35:04 AM
Posts: 3559
Location: Miami
Signed up and gonna repeat bitches

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/13/07 11:42:05 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11/16/03 05:12:59 PM
Posts: 6219
Location: Holland
a point per reception would be good

_________________
http://style88.blogspot.com

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/16/07 07:58:52 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03/08/03 08:03:39 AM
Posts: 4258
Location: Georgia on my mind
Pootie's coming to take it all this year!

_________________
Image

Beware!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/16/07 08:34:38 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
DS Style wrote:
a point per reception would be good


leave.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/16/07 08:34:59 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 10/17/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 18086
Location: Albq, NM
DS Style wrote:
a point per reception would be good


leave.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/16/07 09:26:54 PM 
Offline

Joined: 11/14/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 8506
Location: Everywhere
Mic Check wrote:
League ID: 434765
Password: elements

I know last year was type wild with the sudden stat changes in the middle of the season and what not, but none of that will happen.

The Draft Day is not official, so don't worry about that. However, I wanna do it after Pre-Season due to injuries, etc. As far as stats are concerned, I'll be doing it right now, but feel free to give in your opinion...same for rosters.

12 team league, if I see more people wanna join, I'll change it.


I want to be in this year, but I can't seem to sign in...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/21/07 04:47:10 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/01/03 02:47:20 PM
Posts: 8650
Mole wrote:
Mic Check wrote:
League ID: 434765
Password: elements

I know last year was type wild with the sudden stat changes in the middle of the season and what not, but none of that will happen.

The Draft Day is not official, so don't worry about that. However, I wanna do it after Pre-Season due to injuries, etc. As far as stats are concerned, I'll be doing it right now, but feel free to give in your opinion...same for rosters.

12 team league, if I see more people wanna join, I'll change it.


I want to be in this year, but I can't seem to sign in...
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

_________________
Image
"Speed knots on ya head make ya niggas bleed burgundy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/21/07 04:48:30 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/01/03 02:47:20 PM
Posts: 8650
jaytee wrote:
Mic Check wrote:
As far as stats are concerned, I'll be doing it right now, but feel free to give in your opinion



my opinions:

why is rushing 20 yards per point but receiving 30 yards? they should be the same number, whatever it is.

regarding defense, i never liked the way yahoo did their points. points allowed is the biggest stat for defense...fuck sacks and interceptions. i think the point breakdown for points allowed should be as follows:

Points Allowed 0 points: 50 Points
Points Allowed 1-6 points 20 Points
Points Allowed 7-13 points 10 Points
Points Allowed 14-20 points 5 Points
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 Points
Points Allowed 28-34 points -10 Points
Points Allowed 35+ points -15 Points

my reasoning is this - if a defense doesn't give up any points in real football, its a guaranteed win, so it should be in fantasy as well. the other numbers are more on point with what i think defenses should be worth in fantasy. if a quarterback or running back has a great day theyre gonna get 30 someodd points, so a great day for a defense (1-6 points) should be at least 20, and we'll assume if they play that well then they will probably have some sacks, interceptions, and maybe even a defensive score that puts them into the 30s.


I dunno, Fantasy Football is pretty much offensive orientated, so putting points that high for Defense, not too sure about that. That's why defenses are usually picked in the later rounds. Wouldn't really like to see defenses picked in the 5th round, etc.

_________________
Image
"Speed knots on ya head make ya niggas bleed burgundy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/21/07 04:52:51 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08/01/03 02:47:20 PM
Posts: 8650
We only got 7 so far...get up on that.

_________________
Image
"Speed knots on ya head make ya niggas bleed burgundy."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/21/07 06:28:13 PM 
Offline

Joined: 11/14/01 05:00:00 PM
Posts: 8506
Location: Everywhere
Nice and signed up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Sign-Up
PostPosted: 08/21/07 06:44:42 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 09/24/02 07:07:01 PM
Posts: 3339
Location: 617
Mic Check wrote:
I dunno, Fantasy Football is pretty much offensive orientated


i agree...and that's why im proposing this, to give defenses more relevance in the league, and also because i think with defenses, too much emphasis is put on side-stats like sacks and intereceptions, when their main function is to stop the other team from scoring. a defense could play a great game and not get many sacks or interceptions, and it wouldn't translate to fantasy points the way theyre currently done. maybe i went too far with my numbers.

at the very least if a defense pitches a shutout i feel it should be recognized with similar points to what a quarterback would get for a 350 yard 3 touchdown passing performance, or a runningback running for over 100 yards with 2 touchdowns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/26/07 08:42:24 AM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 01/04/03 05:15:12 PM
Posts: 12753
so yeah did a draft last night for another league im in

Discuss

QB Matt Leinart
(Ari - QB)
QB Chad Pennington
(NYJ - QB)
WR Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR)
WR Donte' Stallworth
(NE - WR)
WR Laveranues Coles
(NYJ - WR)
RB Reggie Bush
(NO - RB)
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
(Jac - RB)
TE Benjamin Watson
(NE - TE)
TE Desmond Clark
(Chi - TE)
BN Bernard Berrian
(Chi - WR)
BN Marion Barber III
(Dal - RB)
BN Tatum Bell
(Det - RB)
BN Rex Grossman
(Chi - QB)
BN Jerramy Stevens
(TB - TE)
BN Eddie Kennison
(KC - WR)
BN Warrick Dunn
(Atl - RB)

K Jason Elam
(Den - K)

DEF Jacksonville
(Jac - DEF)
DEF New Orleans
(NO - DEF)
BN Carolina
(Car - DEF)


here is how the positions and points are done.

Code:
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, TE, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN


Code:
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards; 5 points at 500 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 300 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 300 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

_________________
Black Scorcese wrote:
I could've people elbowed her in the forehead for that dumb shit,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/26/07 12:57:06 PM 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 04/06/04 11:35:04 AM
Posts: 3559
Location: Miami
Your QBs are suspect and your RBs split carries the rest looks good though. I think you should start Dunn cause he will probably be your most consistent back. Your team looks like it can go either way but if the cardinals O Line starts to block than Leinart can have a great year. For Pennington if their new running game gets going that it will make it a lot easier for Pennington.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group