hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/31/14 04:40:19 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Timbaland-Shock Value
PostPosted: 03/25/07 03:44:27 PM 

1. Oh Timbaland--the only solo joint on the album, Tim isn't much of a rapper, let's just get that out of the way now, but with a beat like this, it doesnt matter much 5/5

2. Give It To Me f/ Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake--you'd think this song would suck with a lineup like this, but Nelly and Justin both come off well, the beat is a trunk knocker, and they're all dissing different people, i believe Nelly's talkin to Fergie, Tim's talkin to Scott Storch, and i'm sure about Justin 4/5

3. Release f/ Justin Timberlake--sounds like a leftover Futuresex/Lovesounds joint, Tim has made a better beat, but it still bumps, i could see it being a hit single this summer 4/5

4. Way I Are f/ Keri Hilson & D.O.E.--the beat is reminisicent of My Love.....very catchy head nodder of a song, Keri Hilson kills it as she always does, i dont know what purpose D.O.E. serves but this is still a hot song 5/5

5. Bounce f/ Dr. Dre, Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake--JT is only on the refrain, the beat is on some futuristic shit, and while i've never been a Missy fan, it's cool to hear her on a Timbo beat again, this is the best track on the album so far 5/5

6. Come & Get Me f/ 50 Cent & Tony Yayo--an etheral bassline makes this come off way better than it had any right to, 50 finds a nice groove for his usual gun threats and Yayo is the first rapper to make a reference to Britney Spears' baldness....hottest G-Unit track in a minute, makes me look forward to the Timbo beats on 50's upcoming album 5/5

7. Kill Yourself f/ Sebastian & Attitude--a showcase track for Tim's brother and another rapper in his crew, the beat is serviceable enough, but without a truly talented rapper or singer, it languishes on its own 2/5

8. Boardmeeting f/ Magoo--Timbo goes more on the singing tip, but a fire handclap track and a well timed Magoo cameo gets this track over, if it wasn't so short, i could see it getting a lot of radio play 4/5

9. Fantasy f/ Money--Tim gives the whole track to a female R&B singer named Money, evidently.......it's a by the numbers affair, not a bad song, but nothing to write home about 2/5

10. Scream f/ Keri Hilson & Nicole Scherzinger-one of the most unexpected joints on the album, a knocking rock/pop track and a very simple refrain that worms its way into your head combine to make one hell of an addictive song 5/5

11. Miscommunication f/ Keri Hilson & Sebastian--a story about an argument between a woman and man is weighed down by a gratutitous Sebastian cameo, but Keri Hilson does a nice job again, Tim doesn't exactly knock this beat out of the park, but it's still a listenable track 3/5

12. Bombay f/ Amar & Jim Beanz--a hot Arabian beat, even though this type of track has been done many times, Tim still has the production chops to make it come off nicely 4/5

13. Throw It On Me f/ The Hives--i'm no fan of The Hives, but if Tim could make more rock bangers like this, i might listen to more of that type of music, this will be in my rotation for some time 4/5

14. Time f/ She Wants Revenge--Tim tries his hardest to make She Wants Revenge palatable, and almost succeeds, but i just dont like the sound of their lead singer's voice, if you do, then you might like this track 1.5/5

15. One & Only f/ Fall Out Boy--i'm also not a big Fall Out Boy fan, but Timbo tries his best again, however, this song will probably be all over the radio as soon as the emo kids get ahold of it, so we all may as get used to it, it's not half bad, but again, this isnt my kind of music 2/5

16. Apologize f/ One Republic--a very somber R&B track, which is a radical departure from the rest of the record, you'll either love it or hate it, depending on your musical preference, Tim himself doesn't even appear on this song 1/5

17. 2 Man Show f/ Elton John--Elton just plays piano but it perfectly complements Timbaland's sound arrangement and makes for a very enjoyable listen to close out the record 4/5

Overall=3.75/5

This would have gotten 4 of 5 from me or maybe even higher if not for the horrible stretch this album goes on before the Elton John joint.....don't let the guest list fool you, however, this album is a must listen to anyone who enjoys well produced hip hop with dashes of R&B, rock, neo soul, and god knows what else

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/25/07 05:08:16 PM 

I heard Justin was calling out Janet Jackson, but I'm just not hearing it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/25/07 06:04:21 PM 

Alot of bangers but i aint really into that shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/25/07 06:45:19 PM 

timbo on some dan the automator shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/25/07 10:47:55 PM 

feeling this shit alot. my only real problem is that with so many dope fucking beats and only one track with magoo what the fuck is that about.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:32:45 PM 

Is that the first time Dre rapped over a Timberland beat?

'98 Jay-Z would've murdered that "Oh Timbaland" beat

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03/26/07 01:04:21 AM 

Conspiracy Theory wrote:
i aint really into that shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/20/07 11:46:18 AM 

domel wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Only thing I was really feeling was "Oh Timbaland"...and that just made me go listen to Nina Simone

Ventuoso: joshua3189
Ventuoso: he's a lonely guy
carrioncell: so am i
carrioncell: but cyber sex with dudes....not my thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/20/07 12:11:37 PM 

domel wrote:
Conspiracy Theory wrote:

maybe I didnt give it a good enuf chance.

Like I said in the other thread...

"I didn't HATE it"... not sure that that is much of an endorsement tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/20/07 06:19:20 PM 

Tim's just that dude when it comes to beats. I like this album alright...3.5/5

"Bounce" is probably my favorite, and I'm not a Missy fan at all..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/13/07 12:31:51 AM 

I admire him for wanting to step out of his expected style, this was cool. Not blowoutcomb or anything.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 06/13/08 07:28:01 PM 

Marina wrote:
I admire him for wanting to step out of his expected style, this was cool. Not blowoutcomb or anything.

:-? why would you even compare this to Digable Planets?

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject: Re: Timbaland-Shock Value
PostPosted: 01/27/09 04:32:18 PM 

"time" is a really good track

Post subject: Re: Timbaland-Shock Value
PostPosted: 03/13/09 11:21:11 PM 

Scream is my joint

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880