hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 04/16/14 03:10:55 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vinyl pressing/ phonograph recorders?
PostPosted: 01/01/07 10:42:39 PM 

Does anyone know of anywhere that will press CDs/ etc to wax. I am not really looking for quantity here. I am just trying to rid myseld of some CD's I've had, but I can't get on vinyl (so its just personal use). In a perfect world everything would be avaialable on wax. Damn.... Oh well

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02/15/07 09:28:13 PM 

If you live in NY (and still come around here) i am sure there is a place that will press a vinyl for you for around 20 bucks...however i don't see the point, if your looking to juggle, scratch or mix these records invest in a CDJ.

Post subject: Do you know where specifically?
PostPosted: 02/15/07 10:37:20 PM 

I am a vinyl fiend. I won't give up the vinyl, sure it takes up more space but when the needle hits the first track... its like music!

Thanks for the info!

Post subject: Re: Do you know where specifically?
PostPosted: 02/16/07 12:21:59 AM 

Itnasa wrote:
I am a vinyl fiend. I won't give up the vinyl, sure it takes up more space but when the needle hits the first track... its like music!

Thanks for the info!
I understand that completly, i just assume from what i've read about the process that for the price you pay it isn't worth it. Also most places will probably reccommend you change certain aspects of the mix, for instance any bass being in mono etc. however this may just be for cutting records.
Things being pressed or cut to vinyl usually are actually mastered differently i think, i would think without that mix you would even have diminished sound quality and not quite that vinyl sound.

I understand being a vinyl buff, but if you want to spin recent stuff some of which is not being pressed than i would pick up a CDJ. Then again its all a matter of what you want to do with your set-up.

Here is a place online that does cutting...also, you might run into problems with copyright issues but i'm not sure.
http://www.customrecords.com/

Post subject: Re: Vinyl pressing/ phonograph recorders?
PostPosted: 03/27/08 04:21:52 PM 

Dude I'm the same as you but I've recently hooked up with Serato and I can play any of my tunes via my turntable.