Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - New Mix is Done, Lookin for Feedback

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/18/18 09:20:13 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Mix is Done, Lookin for Feedback
PostPosted: 09/19/04 07:01:14 PM 

2 tables, 1 take. a little bit harder hiphop then prior. anyways take a listen if you got time.
24 min, 22 megs.

heres a link to dl, wont be up too long, ill try to update it though.

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=8E229 ... 405A596179

if you just wanna stream go here

http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=illipse

click the open playlist button, its fall sessions vol. 4

drop me some feedback if you can, appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/20/04 12:04:35 AM 

A few comments on the first few tracks:

The scratching/back spinning was off beat on the first track.

The transition from that track to the Redman track doesn't work. That whole slamming into the next song thing usually only works if everything's on beat.

The Nas song comes in too quickly. You should have probably mixed the instrumental track in first and then brought the vocal track in. Same goes for the Big L/Lord Finesse song. A few bars with just the instrumental would have been nice.

For the next track I think it would have been better if you would have brought in the instrumental a bit more gradually, so that you don't fade out until the chorus has already played out all the way. Either that or just slammed into the next track. It could have worked there. Also, even though I think you mixed an acapella in, it seems like there was too much space between the end of the vocal part and the next song.

The Pharohe Monche song seems to come in off beat. The tempos seemed to be matched about right but it was like you came in a bar after you should have. The seguey (sp?) to the X-Ecutioners probably sounded the smoothest. It was good choice after the WW2 track.

I think something you need to work on is counting bars. It seems like you're not counting, so you'll often have something come in at the right tempo but in the wrong place. It'd sound awkward to an audience. Also, I think that you need to work on spacing your tracks out a bit so that you don't have the second track coming in with elements of the last track still loud in the mix. Along the same lines, I think that you need to work on making more gradual changes in volume.

I hope that helps bro.

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/21/04 05:35:16 PM 

djwho wrote:
A few comments on the first few tracks:

The scratching/back spinning was off beat on the first track.

The transition from that track to the Redman track doesn't work. That whole slamming into the next song thing usually only works if everything's on beat.

The Nas song comes in too quickly. You should have probably mixed the instrumental track in first and then brought the vocal track in. Same goes for the Big L/Lord Finesse song. A few bars with just the instrumental would have been nice.

For the next track I think it would have been better if you would have brought in the instrumental a bit more gradually, so that you don't fade out until the chorus has already played out all the way. Either that or just slammed into the next track. It could have worked there. Also, even though I think you mixed an acapella in, it seems like there was too much space between the end of the vocal part and the next song.

The Pharohe Monche song seems to come in off beat. The tempos seemed to be matched about right but it was like you came in a bar after you should have. The seguey (sp?) to the X-Ecutioners probably sounded the smoothest. It was good choice after the WW2 track.

I think something you need to work on is counting bars. It seems like you're not counting, so you'll often have something come in at the right tempo but in the wrong place. It'd sound awkward to an audience. Also, I think that you need to work on spacing your tracks out a bit so that you don't have the second track coming in with elements of the last track still loud in the mix. Along the same lines, I think that you need to work on making more gradual changes in volume.

I hope that helps bro.

Peace

thanks a lot for the feedback, appreciate it.

yea i never fucked with counting bars, someone else mentioned that to me as well. so i may as well start. as for bringing em in too quickly i hear that as well. most stuff i dont have doubles of so its a little trickier but i do what i can, i think i did a better job on my previous mixes.

thanks a lot tho, definitely helps