Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - TECHNICS vs. NUMARK TTX

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 12/15/18 06:00:35 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TECHNICS vs. NUMARK TTX
PostPosted: 06/07/04 06:17:59 PM 

I'm about to buy some new tables and i'm not sure which ones to get. I've been using 1200s for about 4 years now and i'm lovin em! BUT, i've used the Numark TTXs and those are dope too!

What do yall think about both of these tables?

download hot remixes @
http://www.waxchemistry.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/07/04 08:26:58 PM 

it all comes down to what youre gonna do

ttx-1's vs 1200's... quite a tough choice honestly.

if i was to choose between the two, i'd pick the ttx-1 cause it comes closest to the feel of a pdx-2000 which i own. though many issues about overheating (ttx-1's) unsure of it, its a durable table, to me it feels as much as a stanton st8-80 (toyish feel)... as for the 1200's, just built like a tank, something that would last for more than 5-7 years.

1200's: mixing/scratching/juggling

ttx-1's: mixing/scratching/production

its your choice... not ours, they seem to be around the same price... i wouldnt mind if i had one or the other. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/08/04 10:14:12 PM 

ttx. its the future, more solid, i've read numerous reviews and everyone says numark

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06/13/04 10:31:59 PM 

acaully id go with the 1200s.....i've never herd anything about the 1200s.....but the ttx's ive herd some problems in the store i go to theve had afew peeps coming back and trading for the ttx i think the pitch fucks up or something(ill ask next time)...but i cant say too much i dont have either i gots two vestax pdx-2000's they work great i havent had any problems plus there cheaper now.......plus i got a vestax pmc-05pro d mixer but i'm thinking of a rane instead or maybe an 07 not sure...or maybe ill stay...yowza

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/21/04 02:33:54 PM 

if your satisfied with your 1200, why would you go ttx?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/26/04 10:30:16 AM 

DJSton wrote:
if your satisfied with your 1200, why would you go ttx?

Exactly. I bet your 1200's are just as good as a new ttx. I got rid of my old 1200MKII's and went ahead and bought the 1210M5G's because, outside of being the sexiest turntable on the market, I know I can count on it to be down for whatever. I'll give Numark and Stanton 30 years to live up to Technics, and then I'll think about buying a pair. Until then they'll be "Brand X." I really hate to be close-minded about it, but I really couldn't see myself spinning on anything other than a 1200. I'ts like a muscle car----classic and proven performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/27/04 12:34:18 AM 

koncept wrote:
acaully id go with the 1200s.....i've never herd anything about the 1200s.....but the ttx's ive herd some problems in the store i go to theve had afew peeps coming back and trading for the ttx i think the pitch fucks up or something(ill ask next time)...but i cant say too much i dont have either i gots two vestax pdx-2000's they work great i havent had any problems plus there cheaper now.......plus i got a vestax pmc-05pro d mixer but i'm thinking of a rane instead or maybe an 07 not sure...or maybe ill stay...yowza

the ttx's first batch had a problem, but then they fixed it and put in more torque (not a big deal though). Still, the actual construction of them are damn near close to flawless, they're built like a tank. They weigh more than the 1200's, incoroporate a wider pitch range than the 1200's, have the keylock feature, the dual start and stop, the s shaped and straight tonearms, and you can switch the pitch fader to battle mode, etc. All are useful for mix or scratch DJ's. I own 2 and they are awesome on every level. A DJ I know who had his 1200's for 17 years bought a pair and he said he's happy he got them over another set of 1200's. Just because Technics have stood the test of time, doesn't make them superior. You won't go wrong with the TTX either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/27/04 06:47:14 AM 

Hey-to each his own. I'm actually glad that there are other companies stepping up and making quality shit so heads can go out and find their own niche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/27/04 10:46:10 AM 

j_balagot wrote:
it all comes down to what youre gonna do

ttx-1's vs 1200's... quite a tough choice honestly.

if i was to choose between the two, i'd pick the ttx-1 cause it comes closest to the feel of a pdx-2000 which i own. though many issues about overheating (ttx-1's) unsure of it, its a durable table, to me it feels as much as a stanton st8-80 (toyish feel)... as for the 1200's, just built like a tank, something that would last for more than 5-7 years.

1200's: mixing/scratching/juggling

ttx-1's: mixing/scratching/production

its your choice... not ours, they seem to be around the same price... i wouldnt mind if i had one or the other. :D

production ???

You can sample with any record player! Or do you mean the key correction feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/27/04 01:44:09 PM 

you can sample with any record player, but im talking about scratch music, multitracking on computer, etc etc... and yea, the turntable sometimes vary though still running analog as usual...