hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/01/15 03:08:22 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guns
PostPosted: 04/05/08 08:54:14 PM 

Anybody on here own any? I am heavily pro-gun and support any sensible person with a clean background owning one. If you are against them, go ahead and voice your opinion, for the sake of discussion. Gonna be buyin a couple in the near future to hold down the fort. You never know these days..

Handguns are the most practical, but I also plan on getting one of these, because if I gotta shoot someone or something, they gonna know I ain't messin around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOPuEuJx1MY (this video is kinda hilarious by the way)

God Bless America!

Post subject: Re: Guns
PostPosted: 04/05/08 09:06:30 PM 

my hammer's like a band, my man, it's Brand New and Heavy

PostPosted: 04/05/08 09:20:18 PM 

don't really care for them , i mean they are responsible for the deaths of some people close to me ... personally i can't wait for the nuclear fall out.......when no more guns exist so i can run around a devistated city slicing people with kitana's , sai's and ninja stars ... i know it's a bit off the wall ..but i was told anything can come true.

PostPosted: 04/05/08 10:28:16 PM 

RIP Charlton Heston

PostPosted: 04/05/08 11:11:47 PM 

damn, strange coincidence. RIP. I respected him as an actor. He was kinda extreme as the Prez of the NRA though..

PostPosted: 04/06/08 04:58:23 AM 

Bob Villain wrote:
RIP Charlton Heston

That's exactly what I thought when I read the title of this thread.

Guns are pretty daft though.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 05:11:07 AM 

R.I.P. Charlton Heston

I own a Ruger, and just recently purchased a pistol grip pump 18 and a half long for home security. the handgun usually resides in the trunk, but lately it has been underneath my drivers seat, there has been alot of carjackings up this way lately.

I think that the right to bear arms is extremely important, and should be maintained. However, I do believe that there needs to be a much more detailed procedure into owning one. It really is to easy to get a license and then purchase a gun.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 05:28:08 AM 

MarlonJackson wrote:
my hammer's like a band, my man, it's Brand New and Heavy

hahahahahahahahaha

PostPosted: 04/06/08 05:38:00 AM 

Bob Villain wrote:
RIP Charlton Heston

Fuck Charleston Heston.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 06:01:09 AM 

The right to bear arms is an unbelievably stupid convention. That said, I'm not sure about the evidence of violent crime, would fatal shootings/gun crime go down if ALL guns were illegal? Probably. But then its an externality.. you're part of the problem if you own guns, but noone wants to be caught out without one when they need one. Maybe thats a fallacy, I don't know.

Personaly I think its a very cowardly weapon, as in general are all weapons (i.e. the amount of kids who carry knive these days. Absolute cunts)

PostPosted: 04/06/08 06:32:32 AM 

Well maybe you've been fortunate to not have any confrontation in your life, but I feel like all people would be singing a different tune if they were caught up in a dire situation at a disadvantage of not having a weapon to someone who has one. It's just the world we live in. You can't ever hold your own entirely on words. Some person is always gonna be compelled to use force instead of seeking a resolution, or do things the proper way. It's just human nature. If there were no guns in the world, I'd be all for it. That just isn't the way it will ever be though. I never want to feel like I have to use one, but if the shit goes down, I don't want to be caught on the other end of it without some protection. There are a lot of reasons for why guns are a bad thing, but coverin your own is more important than any negative.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 07:56:54 AM 

Chris P. wrote:
Well maybe you've been fortunate to not have any confrontation in your life, but I feel like all people would be singing a different tune if they were caught up in a dire situation at a disadvantage of not having a weapon to someone who has one. It's just the world we live in. You can't ever hold your own entirely on words. Some person is always gonna be compelled to use force instead of seeking a resolution, or do things the proper way. It's just human nature. If there were no guns in the world, I'd be all for it. That just isn't the way it will ever be though. I never want to feel like I have to use one, but if the shit goes down, I don't want to be caught on the other end of it without some protection. There are a lot of reasons for why guns are a bad thing, but coverin your own is more important than any negative.

As I said... noone wants to be caught needing one when you don't have one'. But as anyone who lives in the UK in a inner-city or rough areas, chances are many people you pass, especially after dark, or people who are going to jump you, have some sort of weapon (ie knife). Gun crime is getting worse in some areas, but theres no cry for a right to bear arms over here; quite the opposite, people are more than ever calling for stricter legislation on guns and gun possession. I don't carry a fucking a knife just incase i get jumped, that would be stupid.

By owning a gun your perpetuating the problem, theres no way around that. So what, everyone just keeps getting a gun until the entire US population has one, and has one justifiably by your analogy? Get ready for some record murder statistics. If you live in a rough area, then of course you get sympathy, maybe its a depressingly pragmatic solution.

Get rid of that right, have a gun amnesty, introduce legislation to deal with owners of guns, guns become far less readily available, have a crack down... gun crime goes down, people don't need to have a gun in their house.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 08:00:33 AM 

yo don't come cryin to me when 28 Day Later zombies overrun society and you got no shotty

PostPosted: 04/06/08 08:18:15 AM 

i want one of these

http://www.taurususa.com/products/produ ... y=Revolver

the Taurus "Judge"

Takes 410's and 45's.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 08:43:20 AM 

i posted some thoughts in this similar post a while back...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=99799

long story short, i'm anti-guns. i wouldn't own one, and i think i remember reading a statistic somewhere that if you own a gun, chances are 200 times better that unintentional harm will be done to yourself or someone close to you by your gun than they are you'll successfully use the gun to get yourself out of a life threatening situation.

that said, i'm also against banning them for reasons discussed in the link above.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 08:47:51 AM 

nobody gives a fuck. this thread isn't meant for that, go wave your posters somewhere it'll matter.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 09:02:56 AM 

Bob Villain wrote:
nobody gives a fuck. this thread isn't meant for that, go wave your posters somewhere it'll matter.

re-read the first post.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 09:04:54 AM 

NO i hav ea right to bear ignorance

PostPosted: 04/06/08 11:52:52 AM 

i keep one at the crib just in case, i've only even needed to pull it out once....i was lucky, i had older cousins when i was little to put me onto how to use a gun properly, i've seen kids pull one and end up looking like Dukie when Michael tried to teach him to shoot

PostPosted: 04/06/08 01:16:10 PM 

Bob Villain wrote:
NO i hav ea right to bear ignorance

um yeah, people who bear ignorance, should bear no weapons.

Chris P. wrote:

i agree to a certain extent. i got caught coming out of a local supermarket called "shnucks" while i was walking down the lot, little streat thugs walked up on the lot... and started walking on the other side of the cars but in the same direction. i had one bag in my hand the other holding a key.... luckilly for me i was playing pool right before passing by the 24 hour market to pick up a couple of things... i had the two halfs of my poolstick unscrewed ...laying next to the driving seat. i got to my car one of the guys was standing look out at the end of the lot... the other two standing right in frount of my car now with a pistola, i acted normal like i didn't even see the standing there... i opened my door when the dude with the gun started walking toward.. i dropped the bag and picked up the thick end of a pool stick.....and raised it as he raised the gun and said "put it down nigga!" so i dropped it..... he started coming towards the car when the other one ran around to the other side of the car and waited to get in. i had my hands up when he came in arms reach.... i punched him in the nose..(knockout btw).. and kicked the gun... his boy got it ...so i got in the car started it up... and started chasing them....the ran up the lot.... came up to a white guy who holding a bag walking up to a honda passport.... they ran up to him and hit him in the head with the gun and took his truck and drove off. i saw him fall.... i asked him if he was ok .... he was in shock.... i called the cops... the look out took off running on foot..... which was strange... the suspects drove down this streat called gravios .. i followed for two miles (less than a minute) and then turned around to make sure the guy was alright
i got there and the cops asked me to put my hands up.... i got mad.... this happens to me all the time. everytime i call the cops ...they make me put my hands up..once while the suspect was caught red handed ...they told me to get on the ground.. but i have been in robberies many of times and lost alot of close people to guns... so i still stand in entirety of my opinion on disliking guns.... they make punks feel invinsible... i think the mind is the greatest weapon of all. some just don't know how to use it that well