Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - The Game-Doctor's Advocate

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 08/16/18 10:29:14 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Game-Doctor's Advocate
PostPosted: 11/05/06 11:56:24 PM 

1. Lookin' At You--if you can't get a Dre beat, might as well find a few soundalikes...some unknown laces this track, knocks just like a Dre beat, nice intro track 4/5

2. Da Shit--another fire beat, Game spits about why he lives up to the title of the track, the album is off to a hot start 5/5

3. One Blood f/ Junior Reid--ill Junior Reid sample, another hot beat, we've all heard this one by now and have our own opinions, i personally enjoy it, except for the name drops 4/5

4. Compton f/ Will I Am--surprising track, as Will provides a track full of West Coast bounce, a real trunk rattler, Game spits hard, and does well on the beat for the most part 4/5

5. Remedy--savvy rap listeners will remember this same beat being used for Dr. Dre & Cypress Hill's "Puppet Master", Game doesn't hurt the track, but the beat could be a little more original 3/5

6. Let's Ride--typical Scott Storch beat, Game spits about bitches and cars, like usual, not too bad of a song, but could be better 3/5

7. Too Much f/ Nate Dogg--West Coast banger, Game actually attempts to write a hook, could have been better, but still a hot track regardless, Nate kills it as always 4/5

8. Wouldn't Get Far f/ Kanye West--soulful Kanye beat, one of his best in awhile, him and Game spit about Hollywood hoes in humorous fashion, one of the best songs so far 5/5

9. Scream On 'Em f/ Swizz Beatz--Swizz provides one of his more minimal beats, Game does all right to spit on it, but a refrain actually built from screaming distracts the song 2.5/5

10. One Night--Nottz hits on a perfect track for Game, and someone else wisely handles the refrain, another West Coast style banger 4/5

11. Doctor's Advocate f/ Busta Rhymes--Game raps in the drunk flow from his first album, a lot of people will hate this track due to his almost obsessive talk of Dr. Dre, not too bad of a song, but kinda creepy at the same time 3/5

12. 'Ol English--Hi-Tek doesnt miss as usual, giving Game a slow, relaxed beat to spit on, one of the more lighthearted tracks on the album 4/5

13. California Vacation f/ Snoop Dogg & Xzibit--a bass heavy banger with Xzibit on the refrain and Snoop dropping a 16.....kinda of a dissapointment of a song considering the lineup, but still pretty hot 3/5

14. Bang f/ Kurupt & Daz--fire beat, with some of Kurupt & Daz's most inspired rapping in a while, especially Kurupt, who has been less than stellar lately 4/5

15. Around The World f/ Jamie Foxx--not that bad for a chick song, i could see it being released as a single, the beat isnt too lovey dovey, but Game doesnt sound right spitting romance tales 2/5

16. Why You Hate The Game f/ Nas & Marsha--this would have gotten a perfect rating if not for the excessive run time occupied mostly by singing, but Nas & Game do kill this crazy Just Blaze beat 4.5/5

Overall=4/5

Any album with such impeccable production is bound to garner a high rating, however, Game has really improved his flow in a lot of ways this time around. If he can learn to write his own hooks, keep Dre's name out of his mouth so much, and rely on a few less guest appearances (10 of 16 songs is a few too many), he could become one of the better MCs the West Coast has to offer

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/06/06 01:31:22 AM 

Agree with the 4/5 rating.

The only tracks I'm not feeling is the one with Kanye and "One Blood" got boring real quick.

Post subject: Re: The Game-Doctor's Advocate
PostPosted: 11/06/06 07:17:24 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:

5. Remedy--savvy rap listeners will remember this same beat being used for Dr. Dre & Cypress Hill's "Puppet Master", Game doesn't hurt the track, but the beat could be a little more original 3/5

I was thinking more of Public Enemy's - Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos when I was listening to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/06/06 07:45:50 PM 

#11. Doctors Advocate makes me cringe

overall alright album. if you dont listen to his lyrics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/08/06 06:57:57 PM 

This is a good album, considering the diverse production especially collabing with Will I am and hearing from Xzibit is always good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/30/06 02:23:33 AM 

i thought most people would be hating on this, im surprised to see the reactions. the production is dope and i think its enough to carry game for a whole album. "Too Much" by Scott Storch is my favorite track right now.

3/5 subject to change

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12/11/06 04:14:17 AM 

I'm always doubtin' this dude, but he put out another solid album. Production is top-notch. Name-dropping aside, Game does this thing. I dunno what else to say. *shrugs*

Good stuff