Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - 30 Days of Night (Possible Spolier)

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/24/18 04:18:20 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 30 Days of Night (Possible Spolier)
PostPosted: 03/24/08 03:06:19 PM 

4.7/5 - Review Below

Finally got around to see this and all I have to say is, Dont Sleep, this is the movie. It wasnt too scary, more action and gore on a George Romero steelo. I know this shit is fake but if Vampires did exists the story would fit perfect, the only thing that gets me, is what are these vampires doing while it isnt the 30 days of night, like when it dawns in their town, is there a 30 days of darkness somewhere else in Alaska. And the ending...come on now, he should of took more responsibility and concern in his actions. Other then that, a great movie that I would nominate as one of the great cinematic releases since 2000. Probably the best Vampire film next to Interview.

Last edited by cereal on 03/26/08 04:29:03 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 30 Days of Night
PostPosted: 03/24/08 09:48:47 PM 

Cereal Stacks wrote:
Finally got around to see this and all I have to say is, Dont Sleep, this is the movie. It wasnt too scary, more action and gore on a George Romero steelo. I know this shit is fake but if Vampires did exists the story would fit perfect, the only thing that gets me, is what are these vampires doing while it isnt the 30 days of night, like when it dawns in their town, is there a 30 days of darkness somewhere else in Alaska. And the ending...come on now, he should of took more responsibility and concern in his actions. Other then that, a great movie that I would nominate as one of the great cinematic releases since 2000. Probably the best Vampire film next to Interview.

SPOILERS

it appears that they raid and massacre (or convert) the crews of merchant ships and take shelter within the hulls away from the sun...which is what that little 2-minute segment in the very beginning was about.

overall an okay movie. i watched it in the theatres when it came out, and that shit was waaay too loud - really screechy to the point it was annoying, not unlike listening to loud music in your homie's shitty ride with his piece of crap sound system with the treble way too high...that shit just sliced into my eardrums whenever the zombies would do that signature scream in groups. some of the vampires (like that bald asian-ish looking one were just too hilarious looking to take seriously. the flick is still worth the rent/buy based on the gore alone, though. and cereal is on point, no one is fuckin' spared in this movie.

"awww look at the little girl in the pink parka, surely they wouldn'.....BAMMM! you just got your throat ripped out lil' gal!"

Post subject: Re: 30 Days of Night (Possible Spolier)
PostPosted: 09/13/08 10:10:55 PM 

suprised this didnt get more attention....good Vampire flick. Only wish they could have let Ben Foster's character have a bigger role...Dude is on my list of up coming great actors.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 09/15/08 09:00:19 PM 

i havent seen...
it flew under the radar for me..
even the graphic novel when they came out..i was on the i'll read them later stee..
i have to check it out..

PostPosted: 09/20/08 05:25:10 PM 

I only liked it because of Josh Hartnet

no homo