Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Samurai Champloo

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 06/20/18 09:23:40 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Samurai Champloo
PostPosted: 12/13/07 12:39:36 AM 

superb cartoon, cant believe i slept on this. found this show alot better than afro samurai. great mixture of humor and action and top of the line production by fat jon and nujabes.

Post subject: Re: Samurai Champloo
PostPosted: 12/13/07 08:33:16 AM 
yeah it gets the lube going.started watching the first season in 05 then missed a few and stopped watching.then i think they ran season 2 in 06.didnt watch any.gonna get the shit on dvd when i can.

PostPosted: 12/13/07 08:16:35 PM 

Cereal Stacks wrote:
superb cartoon, cant believe i slept on this. found this show alot better than afro samurai.

You trippin', but its your opinion.

PostPosted: 12/16/07 11:43:19 AM 

The Authority wrote:
Cereal Stacks wrote:
superb cartoon, cant believe i slept on this. found this show alot better than afro samurai.

Dwayne shut up, hes not. I am an expert in anime and Champloo shits all over afro samurai. i'll write a review for champloo later. and i'm pretty sure i've tried to get people on this show before, i swear muthafuckers sleep on everything i say.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 12/16/07 09:09:16 PM 

No, Femi. Samurai Champloo is heavily overrated. Its humor and concept works well, but when people start comparing it to Afro Samurai, that's where I immediately draw the line...especially when I hear people say shit like, "Afro Samurai bit Samurai Champloo!", which is completely false, considering Afro Samurai was a manga in the early to mid 90's.

If anything, Champloo bit Afro Samurai.

PostPosted: 05/24/08 10:15:16 PM 

Afro Samurai sucked so much....i fucking hated watching that shit. a lot of that fucking shit didnt even make sense...the best thing about Afro Samurai was the soundtrack.

Champloo has awesome humour, great story and plot, philisophical themes, nail biting action and some of the most belivable and interesting characters in anime(which is more than i can say for Afro Samurai)...along the lines of Cowboy Bebop.
Afro Samurai to me was some shit that some black guy thats a huuge fan of anime created...theres all the flashy shit going on but it fails to actually have any substance.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 07/10/08 11:39:36 PM 

they should follow up with a sequel series...

miss this show..

PostPosted: 07/13/08 08:58:19 PM 

d_realword wrote:
The Authority wrote:
Cereal Stacks wrote:

Champloo shits all over afro samurai.

Yeah pretty much. Afro Samurai is cool and all, but it cannot hold a candle to SC.

PostPosted: 07/30/08 02:18:42 PM 

d_realword wrote:
The Authority wrote:
Cereal Stacks wrote:

Dwayne shut up, hes not. I am an expert in anime and Champloo shits all over afro samurai. i'll write a review for champloo later. and i'm pretty sure i've tried to get people on this show before, i swear muthafuckers sleep on everything i say.

I think that's the thing you say most on this site

not counting the word fuck and its derivations :D

PostPosted: 07/31/08 06:51:52 AM 

Chill Bill wrote:
d_realword wrote:
The Authority wrote:
Cereal Stacks wrote:

I think that's the thing you say most on this site

not counting the word fuck and its derivations :D

:oops:

PostPosted: 07/31/08 09:58:03 PM 

i think dwayne is the only person i know that actually liked afro samurai.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:01:48 PM 

Bob Villain wrote:
i think dwayne is the only person i know that actually liked afro samurai.

Which is of no surprise. Samurai Champloo is the same as every other concepted anime. Hero, girl, sidekick/comedy relief...

I don't get my kicks outta kiddie humor. To me, Samurai Champloo is along the same ilk as Naruto...just my opinion. I like more hardcore anime, if I am watching any at all...stuff like

Golgo 13
Wicked City
Perfect Blue
Mezzo Forte
Kite
Vampire Hunter D
Grave Of The Fireflies
Samurai X
Devil Man
Fist Of The North Star
Zeirum Tank Police
Metropolis
Crying Freeman
Ninja Scroll
Anything from Hayao Miyazaki
Lone Wolf and Cub (manga)
Sanctuary (manga)

...and Afro Samurai. I will admit, having met Samuel L and talked to him for 30 minutes about the show, I lean to it...but then again, I have met and kicked it with Shing02, but he just does the theme song. Still, the few episodes I seen did nothing for me.

Even comparing Samurai Champloo to Cowboy Bebop underlines its lack of originality. Cowboy Beboy, also does nothing for me.