All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: David Lynch
PostPosted: 11/24/04 04:28:38 AM 

Eraserhead (1977)

The Elephant Man (1980)

Twin Peaks (1992)

Lost Highway (1997)

Mulholland Drive (2001)

personally (from what I have seen) the only movies of his I liked wereEraserhead and the Elephant man

with regards to the other ones it seemed to me Lynch was trying to make an incomprehendable film that can be explained in a million and none ways

opinions?

CllBll

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/24/04 09:10:09 AM 

eraserhead was awful, haven't seen any others by him though

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/24/04 11:00:27 PM 

I've seen all those except Twin Peaks. Prepare to get schooled on the Lynch subject. Now if you have no brain and no critical thinking abilities don't watch these fucking movies.

Eraserhead - Upon first viewing this makes no fucking sense. Upon second viewing this still makes no fucking sense. This goes on and on until the 234th viewing. Every weird shit you see is a metaphor for something else. And the story is completely different from what you actually are seeing. Figure it out, beeyatch!

Elephant Man - Pretty straight-forward, right? Wrong. This is a fucking history lesson.

Lost Highway - Haha, crazy shit. I couldn't figure it out. I'm still stuck on how that nigga Pullman changed to that other kid in jail. Only seen it a once so can't shit much shit about it.

Mulholland Drive - Acutally my favorite Lynch film, possibly because of the lesbian scene. Anyways, I think I've pretty much figured this one out. One word: DREAM!

Blue Velvet - Needed to be mentioned. Needs to be watched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11/25/04 05:24:51 AM 

Mr. Durden wrote:
I've seen all those except Twin Peaks. Prepare to get schooled on the Lynch subject. Now if you have no brain and no critical thinking abilities don't watch these fucking movies.

Eraserhead - Upon first viewing this makes no fucking sense. Upon second viewing this still makes no fucking sense. This goes on and on until the 234th viewing. Every weird shit you see is a metaphor for something else. And the story is completely different from what you actually are seeing. Figure it out, beeyatch!

Elephant Man - Pretty straight-forward, right? Wrong. This is a fucking history lesson.

Lost Highway - Haha, crazy shit. I couldn't figure it out. I'm still stuck on how that nigga Pullman changed to that other kid in jail. Only seen it a once so can't shit much shit about it.

Mulholland Drive - Acutally my favorite Lynch film, possibly because of the lesbian scene. Anyways, I think I've pretty much figured this one out. One word: DREAM!

Blue Velvet - Needed to be mentioned. Needs to be watched.

well yeah, that's how I sa the Lynch films:

you can interpret and re-interpret and never be right or wrong (within boundaries of course)

he makes stoner films

I figured out Mulholand drive, but I forgot (stoner back then)

I will check out Blue Velvet if I come across it, but won't go renting it I think

and yeah: Elephant man is dope