hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/01/14 06:59:57 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inglourious Basterds: Review
PostPosted: 09/04/09 10:22:45 PM 

Well I haven't contributed much to this forum recently, my apologies..

..But I guess there's no time like the present to get back into the swing of things. I really hope people know/knew what they were getting into when they view Inglourious Basterds, because if you think anything about this movie is going to be routine or normal, you are settin yourself up to be shocked. Quentin Tarantino lost his damn mind years ago, and makes it a point to do anything and everything outrageous in a movie. Basterds is no exception, in fact, it gets a little TOO over the top by the end even for those prepped for just about anything. I feel like Tarantino tried his damn hardest to make everything as crazy as possible just because he was expected to, and get off by saying "that was the point" to anybody trying to question why he did what he did. IG is similar to previous Taranatino movies in that it is filled with multiple dialogue-heavy segments, laced with insane violence to the point of dark humor. All things considered, the script was actually excellent. The dialogue was tense, entertaining, and funny at times. It was supported by great acting (especially by Christoph Waltz aka "The Jew Hunter"), and moved to a very well done musical score. For a movie that is 2.5 hours long, it flowed along quite nicely. IG had good progression, but what really got me was it just got a little out of hand by the end. I couldn't help but just start to laugh to myself in disbelief. It was a little too crazy for its own good. You can't keep pushing the bar and expect it to keep going up. It's bound to backfire at some point, which I felt like it did in this movie. Overall, this was good, but just a little too over the top, even for a Tarantino flick. Definitely worth the watch though.

3.5/5

Post subject: Re: Inglourious Basterds: Review
PostPosted: 09/05/09 12:26:31 AM 

This I can relate to. I hated people coming out of the cinema and praising the movie just because it's Tarantiono. I liked it but I too think the end was just too much. Great acting just like chris said, especially by Waltz.

PostPosted: 09/09/09 06:46:48 AM 

Not his best work but overall the movie had good switch overs and it kept me entertained thats for sure

PostPosted: 09/22/09 09:26:18 AM 

I liked it even though I agree it was over the top, but it wouldn't be a Tarantino movie otherwise.

PostPosted: 09/23/09 03:07:47 PM 

Eddie Arcadian wrote:
I liked it even though I agree it was over the top, but it wouldn't be a Tarantino movie otherwise.

Nuff said

PostPosted: 09/24/09 01:27:09 AM 

I agree that Inglorious Basterds was over the top, but -telling this kind of story- it had to be, I guess. Just a few years back Europe (and the world?) was shocked by der Untergang and now they get this on their plate.
Just like der Untergang, Inglorious Basterds tries to blow new life in a topic we've all seen billions of times before. (As always) Tarantino went further than any other director would ever consider though and doing so he had to tone down the realism der Untergang tried to hold on to. Every aspect of IG suggests not to take it too seriously and after decades of people holding their breath whenever the world wars are mentioned, I found that quite refreshing.

I enjoyed this movie.

4/5

PostPosted: 10/01/09 02:02:46 PM 

best tarantino villian ever

PostPosted: 10/30/09 07:00:13 AM 

Man Of Destiny wrote:

but thats where the film's praise ends.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 10/30/09 12:13:24 PM 

d_realword wrote:
Man Of Destiny wrote:

No, this movie was all that and a box of popcorn. And where the fucking fuck have you fucking been you fucking fuckwit?

:D

PostPosted: 10/30/09 03:46:46 PM 

Mr. T Rick Star wrote:
d_realword wrote:
Man Of Destiny wrote:

No, this movie was all that and a box of popcorn. And where the fucking fuck have you fucking been you fucking fuckwit?

:D

FUCK!

welcome back :afro: