hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/22/14 08:02:28 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Fourth Kind
PostPosted: 11/15/09 06:22:53 PM 

Took my car to the shop for some new tires and alignment, and I had a couple of hours to kill so I walked next door to find this was the only film starting at the time, so I entered...

Trailer

My opinion:
All dramatized bullshit and fakedy-fakeness aside... this film was intriguing. The "actual/real footage" concept is getting played out quickly, if not already, and I would have had more enjoyment and even respect for this joint if it didn't try so hard to insist that this were real (dialogue, marketing, "Actual Case Recording," stamped throughout, etc.). No facts support the claims or footage, and those behind the film are even undergoing litigation in regards to falsified news stories about such events. Besides, if footage like this existed, I doubt the first ANYONE would ever hear or see of if would be in the showing of this film.

Now... with all of that aside, I say it was intriguing because of it's conception of Sumerian connections to "aliens" (this is the first I've personally heard of this idea, and I'm now entertaining it). That is all. Leaving the theater, I heard many of the other viewers had the idea that this was supposed to be a "scary/horror" film and felt the movie sucked because it wasn't scary, and probably won't think twice about the ideas the movie suggests. That's nothing new, but I thought I'd share for anyone who did have the thought that this was a scary film... as it is definitely not.

On another note, I did like some of the camera-play during interviews when showing people were reporting the same things happening. They would pan back and forth between the two in the room, with the interviewer remaining the same but the interviewee changing between questions as they were telling the same story. Fun.

I'll give it 6.5/10 (pretending I don't know how staged the "actual case studies" were)

Post subject: Re: The Fourth Kind
PostPosted: 11/17/09 05:57:44 PM 

good to know, but i kind of suspected it, though. I understand the "played out" descriptive on this movie genre...especially after that horrible X: files I want to believe B.S.

...needless to say...i won't waste ten bucks to see this clap trap...