Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Hancock: Review

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/22/18 07:02:04 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hancock: Review
PostPosted: 07/02/08 01:22:10 PM 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/

I didn't really follow this movie before it was released. I knew it starred Will and he was a drunk superhero. Still, with little in mind, I put my faith in Will Smith to deliver an enjoyable experience. After taking it all in, I can say I enjoyed parts of Hancock, but this was a very average flick. It was like deja vu to I am Legend, as it started out great, but faltered towards the end with a weak plot. Will plays an asshole drunk superhero named John Hancock that goes around and saves people with little regard to their feelings or the property of the city he lives in. It played out in hilarious fashion. All he did was half-heartedly save people while actin' a fool. Will has great range as an actor, I can't knock him, and he suited the role nicely. He can deliver the humor. He eventually links up with some PR guy and they try to clean up his image, all the while still letting the comedy flow. Then unfortunately, just like I am Legend, the plot comes to a screeching halt second half and falls flat. They flipped the script too significantly trying to explain the backstory. The whole plot-line behind his superpowers was weak as hell, and for some reason, they tried flipping it to a legit drama. It was a sorry attempt to make you care about the characters, because I didn't at all. I won't really give anything away, but I just wish they went another route here. Maybe have Will clean up his image then save the city from a legit bad guy (there was no legit antagonist). Why mess with a good thing? I woulda been happy if there as no real plot or purpose and Will just crumbed dudes the whole movie while being drunk and scraggly. That was the highlight of the whole thing. The rest wasn't anything special, except Charlize Theron was in this and was lookin' fine.

2.5/5

Oh yeah, the whole time I was watching this I thought that if this movie was rated R and starred Dave Chappelle as Hancock, joint would be a comedy classic for the ages.

Post subject: Re: Hancock: Review
PostPosted: 07/02/08 08:39:32 PM 

Damn that review is disappointing, but Im still going to have to peep it out.

Chris P. wrote:
Oh yeah, the whole time I was watching this I thought that if this movie was rated R and starred Dave Chappelle as Hancock, joint would be a comedy classic for the ages.

You just made me hungry for a Dave Chappelle movie.

PostPosted: 07/03/08 10:16:30 AM 

E l d r ¿ t c h wrote:
I'm taking this on anyway. I fully accept responsibility for the consequences.

hha yeah me too :D I'm planning on seeing it somewhere this next week

PostPosted: 07/03/08 10:30:36 AM 

You both are gay....how can u go see this shit and not see something like Wanted?!

:|

PostPosted: 07/03/08 01:32:13 PM 

just because a movie is more violent than another doesn't make it better, i'll be checking this out by the weekend

PostPosted: 07/03/08 04:08:18 PM 

ever since i saw the trailer for this...i have had no interest in seeing this shit, your review further reinforced that feeling.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 07/03/08 09:14:29 PM 

I liked it.

PostPosted: 07/03/08 11:55:55 PM 

E l d r ¿ t c h wrote:
I on the other hand will wait until it's available online. Which hopefully shouldn't take too long.

word to the d r ¿ t c h..
i will also catch it online..

PostPosted: 07/07/08 12:08:53 AM 

d_realword wrote:
ever since i saw the trailer for this...i have had no interest in seeing this shit, your review further reinforced that feeling.

PostPosted: 07/07/08 09:22:28 AM 

good movie, the ending did leave a lot to be desired, this movie needed a central villian

PostPosted: 07/19/08 06:28:16 AM 

Ah hell naw! This movie didn't appeal to me at all. I enjoyed the first part, like most of you did, but that's it. As often, the trailer contained all the good scenes and the movie failed to offer anything besides that. Will Smith did his thing I guess, but this time that alone wasn't enough to make me leave the theatre in a good mood.

It was the same with I am legend: could have been way better.

3-/5

peace,

CllBll