Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Iron Man

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/18/18 02:24:59 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iron Man
PostPosted: 05/04/08 01:28:41 PM 

4/5

Dope movie, it wasn't perfect, but it was one of the better superhero movies that I've ever watched. I shouldn't really have to go through the whole plot, it pretty much speaks for itself. My only nitpick is that Terence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow's roles really had no purpose in the movie and came off as time fillers. The action sequences were well done and the CGI was used almost seamlessly. Do yourselves a favor and stay after the credits, you won't be sorry.

Post subject: Re: Iron Man
PostPosted: 05/04/08 04:13:02 PM 

agreed...the cgi in this was really fucking amazing cos it didnt look much like that fake cartoonish cgi them shit usually look like. even the action with in the end had so much shit going on and you didnt feel like you missed anything. it was funny, good action, decent plot line, interesting characters...over all....actually a good comic to film.

i wouldnt go as far as 4/5 but a good 3/5.

and this is coming from someone thats never liked Iron man...and i mean ever.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 05/04/08 05:26:06 PM 

did you stay after the credits?

PostPosted: 05/04/08 06:35:24 PM 

Ghost Rida wrote:
did you stay after the credits?

nope, but my brother was saying some shit about something happening after the credits. i'll go look for it on youtube and see if i can find it. but in the mean while why dont you fill me in.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

PostPosted: 05/04/08 08:37:28 PM 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR6zOyj7QXs

don't watch if you don't wanna know

PostPosted: 05/04/08 10:26:35 PM 

I had a good time watching this. I am a Robert Downey Jr. fan, so I felt like at least I had a main character I'd enjoy watching even if the movie ended up sucking. Turns out he just helped make the movie that much better. Not huge on the whole Iron Man comic, but he played that wild-billionaire fame hungry role nicely [if that is what Tony Stark was all about I'd assume]. Ghost is right in that the rest of the cast is pretty cliche and forgettable, even with all the big names. Story had its share of fillers and holes, but they made the most outta making Iron Man seem bad ass. One thing that gets me is why weren't those dudes in Afghanistan watching what he was making when he was captive? I mean how dumb can you be. You give him a bunch of missiles and metal and just lock him up for 3 months. What you expect was gonna happen? That aside, this still came out as one of the better superhero movies I've seen. Marvel finally got it right. The special effects were definitely the highlight. Crazy how well they looked. Did the Iron Man character justice in my opinion.

3.5/5

PS - I liked how they joked about a sequel with a War Machine reference. You know it's coming, and if this first one is any indication, the second should be good as well.

PostPosted: 05/05/08 01:54:57 AM 

I'm looking forward to seeing this, allthough I get the feeling this is one of those movies that's overhyped

will be dropin a review when I've seen it

PostPosted: 05/05/08 02:30:56 AM 

3/5

PostPosted: 05/14/08 09:34:54 AM 

OMG I loved Iron Man soooo much... I watched it with my two cousins and we had the whole cinema to ourselfs... it was so nice... so we just had a whole couch each that we were sitting on... and it made it extra great that we could scream woooooooooo everytime he started flying and no one could hear us.... omg greatest time ever...