Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Why are we held back? Spanish Hip Hop Movement.

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/23/20 03:20:14 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why are we held back? Spanish Hip Hop Movement.
PostPosted: 10/28/07 10:57:05 AM 

It seems that many are considering Hip Hop en Español to be violent and not worthy of promoting! Something that has always amused me not; only on Hip Hop but with everything in general from Movies, TV and Radio shows. Through out the years people have been blaming everything but what the true blame is for all of the violence that occurs with our kids. We see murders taking place, kids killing each other on rampages and suicides happening for no apparent reason. The common denominator on all these occurrences is who/what gets blamed! MUSIC? TV? MOVIES?

Yes we can point the finger and say well, look at what they are saying or doing, children listen and mimic what they see and hear! Very True! But lets also think of one big part of that statement, “Children listen and mimic what they see and hear” so what are they seeing at home? If our kids are doing what they see and they are all of sudden doing such horrible things; did they see it at home? Somewhere down the line they are learning what they are doing and for people to say that they can honestly blame it on one thing in particular such as media I believe that’s ignorant. First they copy what they see at the home, and secondly they live what see in their communities!

With all that said there isn’t a true blame for what happens and takes place in society except to blame society itself! If we as a whole were able to better control what happens, truly have a judicial system that takes care of its people and police each other as we should, we would not face such dilemmas! Not one society through out the world has a perfect system; no one can say we have no violence or robberies happening! NO ONE is perfect! Society is driven by so many different factors that it would be almost impossible to ever resolve each of them, but we need to start somewhere!

Money is the root to all evil, if we were not human we wouldn’t have this urge to be greedy and have everything we want. If we would live our lives comfortably without the need of over extending ourselves, we wouldn’t live life struggling! All of these things cause problems to arise, greed causes you to do thing that take it to another level and create horrible situations. It starts from the root and reaches to the tip of each branch; life is dying because we allow it to die. My issue with blaming Music, not just specific genres but all music in general makes me laugh only because they are only saying what they see; only expressing what they have been feeling for so many years! What is wrong with that?

If you teach your child to do something from an early stage in life, they will do it! If you tell them not to steal, curse, KILL! They won’t do it! But if you don’t instill morals and love into a child they will grow into the worst possible creatures imaginable. Stealing comes from need of something to also the greed of wanting it. If we have all of our children grow up to be studious and hard working men and women we wouldn’t be faced with them having to steal because they can maintain themselves and never have a need.

It just bothers me to see people holding back a movement that has been so long in the making because they feel that what they sing about is wrong. Yes I don’t condone what they do and say, but why stop the expression of it? Why can’t you take your child and explain to them that what they are listening to is not what they should do? Is it because we are lazy and do not want to take a moment in our lives to teach a child? But yet fall back and buy them the very thing that you blame for their behavior? That is ridiculous! Right now possibly the biggest thing to happen to Latin music is taking place and now we see people blocking it because they say that artists such as Temperamento, Lapiz, Vakero, Toxic Crow and so many more are a bad influence and say and do too many things that they shouldn’t! Why shouldn’t they?

Their not teaching them anything, just doing what they do on an everyday basis, acting as they always do. If you don’t like it, don’t let your child buy the CD, prevent them from watching the videos, but do not stop someone from speaking freely. We were not only given that right by law but also by God! This topic is possibly one of the most controversial topics I have ever chosen to speak on but one that just amuses me, because I can’t believe that people will not take blame for their own children. It starts at home people, stop them at the door and they will not open and go through it!

The Dominican Republic is facing a huge rising of great talent and artists that have so much to show and prove, but yet we have people writing in and complaining that they shouldn’t be allowed to come to the States because of their lyrics? Yeah like we don’t have artists here doing worse! As if the movies, novelas and music we have here are any better! Reality is that parents as a whole need to take responsibility for their own, and raise their children properly. I was raised in a home where we understood everything taking place; we saw it and chose not to live it. The neighborhood we were raised in was not the best in the city but yet we survived and prospered, a child is only as good as the parent which raises them.

Stop the cycle if you were raised incorrectly, Love your child and make it a point to teach them properly and you will not see them turn out bad. I have been listening to Hip Hop since I was 8 years old, and I haven’t killed, raped or robbed anyone and millions of other people haven’t also. At times we will have unfortunate cases where someone is not mentally stable and do things without control, but for the most part it can be avoided with proper guidance. Music is expression, Movies are stories and Radio is life as it happens, you can not stop any of it when it deals with reality of who we are and what we do. Let our expression be without boundaries, let us grow and prosper.

Hispanics have been struggling for years to fit where they say we don’t, our artists trying to find a place where they can feel comfortable to express themselves and for us to stop them because of certain things isn’t fair. First we thought Reggaeton was too sexual so we banned it in certain countries and now Hip Hop en Español is too dangerous to allow into the United States (one of the most violent driven countries in the world). Yea that makes perfect sense. Hip Hop wasn’t stopped when it started and I can express with 100% certainty that the movement of Spanish Hip Hop will not be held back, if anything it will be catapulted beyond what many are expecting. Be Ready!

Written by:

Hector “Heist” Alvarez

Si No Sabias, Nao Yu No!

http://www.Perrealo.com

http://www.myspace.com/heistness

Home of Latin Hip Hop![code][/code]