Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - 9/11 Anniversary

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/24/20 05:22:30 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9/11 Anniversary
PostPosted: 09/11/07 04:15:29 AM 

Just felt like it should be noted in this forum even though everyone is aware of it.

I remember coming home early that day and the first thing i did, which isnt all that unusual, I turned on the TV, but instead of flipping through channels I turned on CNN, which I never normally do, at that point it was only one of the towers burning and I didnt even see that many flames so I thought they gonna put that shit out in no time. It didnt look that serious to me, I wasnt really listening to what they were saying, wasnt really captivated by that at first of course it changed once it got to me what really happened. (what "really" happened?) And I actually came to this site because I found a poem posted on this board on the 1st anniversary of 9/11, cant remember who posted it but it was great. Been here eversince.

I guess im sentimental and this post was supposed to be nothing more than just me retracing my thoughts to that day...shit I was still in high-school back than... cant say that 9/11 affected me or my family of course on a grand scale of things yeah it did, world changed, some people get randomly selected more often then others on the airports, some people in Madrid are scared of riding a train, same goes for some people in London and using underground or going to a market in Baghdad... And yeah it sounds cliche but it really makes you appriciate life no matter how shitty it is at times. God bless the victims and their families.

"human life is so precious, it can never be measured" - Murs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 06:38:05 AM 

I was still in school then too... got home about and my dad was watching Sky News, and we just sat there for about an hour or two watching it. Madness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 08:51:04 AM 

I remember my sister telling me World War III had begun when I came home from school that day. Crazy shit. All teachers talked about it the day after at school.

If you haven't yet, you guys should read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. It's about a boy who lost his father in the crash, very good book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 10:07:29 AM 

I remember I'd been up all night the night before and I was laying in bed with the TV on trying to go to sleep. My mother asked me through the door if I'd heard a plane just flew into the WTC. I didn't think anything of it, had no idea the magnitude of the events that would follow. Like everyone else, I thought it was a rookie pilot in a little twin-engine or something. A few minutes later the news station interrupted the cable feed and just seconds after they cut in, the 2nd plane hit. I first thought they were showing a tape of the one that had already happened. I got on AIM and started telling everyone online to turn on the TV, any station. Then one by one came the reports of the plane crash in VA, supposed car bombings in DC, the Pentagon, etc. I thought WWIII had begun as well. I wasn't sure the attacks were gonna stop.

Most of all, I remember being sick to my stomach with nerves all day long becuz I was trying frantically to call 2 friends, one who lived in Queens and one from Long Island who communted to NYU, and couldn't get either of them.

Like you said domel, cliche or not, thinking back to how you felt at that very moment in time puts a lot into perspective. Makes a person realize how much we take for granted. If I've had one wish since that day, it's been that people appreciate the limited time they have with friends and family, and hopefully someday, it won't take our whole world being shaken for us to realize what is and what is not important on this Earth.

R.I.P. to those who died that day, and everyone, no matter what country they represent, who has died in the war since that day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 10:21:35 AM 

Well the time it happened I was on a little holiday with my school. We were all sitting in our rented houses, watching the night of the twister or whatever that movie is called when some crazy girl started knocking on all the doors screaming that we had to turn on the news and we were all like, heeellllloooo, as if we're gonna do that, we're in the middle of a film here... and then she just took the remote and made us watch the news and we were just all in shock. so we all just sat and watced the news till we fell asleep... and of course next day we also had to talk about it with our teachers... R.I.P to the people who passed away because of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 11:08:55 AM 

9/11............

I had a totally different reaction than other folk to the chain of events that happened on this day 6 years ago.

I worked at this bullshit Injection Molding Plant, and we all have radios at our machines. I was listening to some Top 40 radio station, and they cut in to the broadcast to report a plane crashing into the WTC. My first thought was how the hell......... So I continued listening to the broadcast, and then they reported the second plane. My mind started racing and I felt a strong sense of adrenaline. I felt like I could've picked up 3 Honda Civics and tossed them 30 feet. I couldn't believe two planes.....two commercial planes could be hijacked and flown into our own buildings. I was extremely angry and sad, that american people were losing their lives.

Once I heard about Washington DC, All I could think of was the extreme magnitude of intelligence failure, and security failure. All I could think of was, "well finally here it is......our foriegn policy coming back to bite us in the ass." I thought that there would be heads rolling in Washington. A plethora of resignations by top security aides, CIA, FBI directors and so on and so forth. Nah.................We still havent avenged the deaths of those that died 6 years ago. Osama Bin Laden is still running around in the Mountains of Pakistan or Saudi Arabia, wherever the fuck. Al Qeida is still growing, they still have financing and means to attack again. And we are in Iraq fighting a war based on bullshit and more bullshit. Its a big sad joke.

When all of this shit went down, I wanted to get as far from that day as I could. I was sick to my stomach talking about it. I just wanted action taken. Nothing has come from it. NOTHING! America is so fucked up right now......folks think Saddam knocked down the towers. I've never forgot about these folks that lost their lives in New York. No bandwagon american bullshit, true respect and love to all of those that parrished 6 years ago. For those that went down on Flight 93 in Shanksville, P.A. For those that died on Flight 175 in D.C. The Firefighters, Police Men, Port Authority Officers that lost their lives. Should be remembered til the day we all lose ours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 01:39:13 PM 

what everyone has said here is very true. We must take every moment and second in that we breathe because you never know when it will all be over.

I was in junior high school when the World Trade Centers went down. I felt like things weren't real for a moment, and I just watched the t.v. as the towers were burning. It was hard to believe that Americans were dying at that moment. Everyone at my school was scared that we were going to get bombed by planes flying by. The whole day was frozen and just focused on the t.v. screen. It's a scary thought that something like that can happen at any moment in time.

I'm in a building with a lot of students right now and it makes my mind wonder how it would feel like to be in the Twin Towers burning and people are dead and dying.

Also, my brother just moved to New York and this morning he sent me 3 pictures of Ground Zero from 1, 2 and 3. I just hope that he'll be safe over there and protected by God.

R.I.P. to the souls that left this earth on that day 6 years ago. Your pain is felt and won't be forgotten...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/11/07 01:52:57 PM 

ya fuck i was still in grade 11 when it happened, i remember watching it like all day

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/12/07 02:10:17 PM 

Honestly, I was in awe when the planes hit, but I was also thinking of how I could make money from the panic people were going thru. Since the World Trade Center is a financial center, I was hoping it'd wipe out my bad credit or something.