Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Professor Dr. Cornel West interviewed on Tavis Smiley show

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/24/20 03:28:44 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Professor Dr. Cornel West interviewed on Tavis Smiley show
PostPosted: 08/02/07 12:02:31 PM 

This is hella interesting. Watch it.

Video

Description:

The Award-winning scholar, professor, author, social commentator ... Alle » and Princeton religion professor Dr. Cornel West discusses the difference between success and greatness and reflects on the legacy of such icons as Dr. Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.

in case you didn't know: Often described as the master teacher and intellectual, Princeton’s Cornel West has written/edited more than 20 books, including Democracy Matters and the best seller, Race Matters. His passionate oratory and deep grasp of myriad subjects makes him a much sought-after lecturer. In ‘01, he released a CD, "Sketches of My Culture"—a spoken-word project merging his legendary lectures with rap, jazz and R&B. West co-authored a study on hidden biases against minority professionals in corporate America. He also made a contribution to the Glen E. Friedman book "The Idealist."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/02/07 02:09:08 PM 

Santa clausification??? Man.... That is one deep brotha. He's a role model of mine who anyone can learn from, regardless of social status, race, gender, or religion.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/04/07 09:36:21 PM 

I love Dr. West and my man Tavis. Tavis went to Indiana University, so he gets mad love from round here. These brothers have so much power. I would really like to see more emphasis on the State of The Black Union every year. If you don't know about it, check it out on youtube. Alot of great input from the likes of Dr. Benjamin Chavis, Louis Farrakhan, Harry Belafonte, Sheila Lee-Jackson and more influential black leaders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/05/07 04:27:16 AM 

great post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/26/07 05:37:07 AM 

he's gonna be on again this week to discuss the new album he dropped.

Post subject: Re: Professor Dr. Cornel West interviewed on Tavis Smiley sh
PostPosted: 09/21/07 08:53:18 PM 

2UP wrote:
This is hella interesting. Watch it.

Video

Description:

The Award-winning scholar, professor, author, social commentator ... Alle » and Princeton religion professor Dr. Cornel West discusses the difference between success and greatness and reflects on the legacy of such icons as Dr. Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.

in case you didn't know: Often described as the master teacher and intellectual, Princeton’s Cornel West has written/edited more than 20 books, including Democracy Matters and the best seller, Race Matters. His passionate oratory and deep grasp of myriad subjects makes him a much sought-after lecturer. In ‘01, he released a CD, "Sketches of My Culture"—a spoken-word project merging his legendary lectures with rap, jazz and R&B. West co-authored a study on hidden biases against minority professionals in corporate America. He also made a contribution to the Glen E. Friedman book "The Idealist."

Dr. West is hypnotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/24/07 11:54:40 PM 

Seriously what does this showman talk about? The standard for an intellectual sure has dropped.

Beware!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/02/07 04:15:01 AM 

PlanB wrote:
Seriously what does this showman talk about? The standard for an intellectual sure has dropped.

Define how high yours is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/07/07 06:27:56 PM 

The Authority wrote:
PlanB wrote:

Define how high yours is.

I'm no intellectual nor am I seen as one. This guy is the equivalent of Lil Wayne. Everywhere and not saying anything. To sum it up, overrated. I would think as a Proffesor it would take more then alot of Big Words to be considered some giant of thought. I just finished reading Race Matters and what a waste of time. Alot of opinions passed off as facts with nothing to substantiate. Hell I can write a book if that all it takes. But dude has a Afro so I guess he's a genius. I ain't buying it.

Beware!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10/07/07 07:13:58 PM 

he sounds high.