Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Early '08 Presidential Picks..

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/24/20 04:00:39 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early '08 Presidential Picks..
PostPosted: 07/07/07 05:47:28 AM 

I'm pulling for Rudy for the Republicans.
And, thus far, no Democrat has really impressed me. But I'll vote for Satan before I'd vote for Hilary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/07 05:51:01 AM 

Ha...and I just found this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/07 10:54:53 AM 

its gonna be Giuliani...it's gonna suck

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/07 01:05:59 PM 

Thats a funny picture, i would add who i want to win but i aint even American so it wouldnt matter, Nice scarlett avatar as well damn she fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/07 05:19:12 PM 

I'm rolling with my Man Fred, Rudy is my second choice!

Beware!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/07/07 05:26:50 PM 

PlanB wrote:
I'm rolling with my Man Fred, Rudy is my second choice!

Has he even came out to say he's running yet? I know there's a huge backing for him, but I haven't heard him officially put his name in.

Post subject: Re: Early '08 Presidential Picks..
PostPosted: 07/09/07 09:10:57 AM 

Mole wrote:
I'm pulling for Rudy for the Republicans.
And, thus far, no Democrat has really impressed me. But I'll vote for Satan before I'd vote for Hilary.

most def.

Dude before said that it would suck, but it only sucks if you dont have a job that is benefited by the republican agendas. It only sucks determining the situations youve arranged for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/09/07 10:21:32 AM 

Obama or I move to Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/09/07 11:31:59 AM 

It's either Obama or Hilary on the Democratic side, and the only Republican I'd even give a thought to voting for is McCain, but he won't get the nod over Giuliani.

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07/10/07 12:25:14 PM 

why Mccain? dont think im being ignorant or anything, but he is so different than Obama and Clinton, why would he be your vote if you had to vote republican?

Im not sure who im going to vote for. Its funny how life becomes so busy you dont have time for other things, the thing thats screwed, is its those "other things" determine how your busy life is going to be spent: Such as a presidential election, that i dont know any candidate statistics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/09/07 03:52:56 AM 

The Authority wrote:
Obama or I move to Japan.

For me, hopefully Japan either way.

As for my vote, anyone but Clinton. Whoever has the best chance against her, I'll vote for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/09/07 07:34:03 PM 

are we supposed to pick who we think will win, or who we support? for me its either kucinich or richardson, though i unfortunately don't think either one has a great shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/07 03:11:49 PM 

how can anybody support republicans anymore? have you picked up a fucking newspaper over the last 7 years? any democrat would be better than guiliani, mccain, romney, and the rest of those cunts

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/10/07 05:30:25 PM 

3w50 wrote:
how can anybody support republicans anymore? have you picked up a fucking newspaper over the last 7 years? any democrat would be better than guiliani, mccain, romney, and the rest of those cunts

Care to elaborate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/17/07 07:19:16 PM 

Guess not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/18/07 02:05:24 AM 

My vote is still up in the air, but I'll give Hilary some credit for being more polished than her competition and saying the right things (for a democrat anyway). I was actually surprised, but then again, I haven't really been following her the past 8 or so years. In all honestly, I feel like is she stuck to what she is actually saying, she could get the job done.

Also, Joe Biden is that dude. He doesn't sugar-coat anything. I like someone that just tells it like it is. He got the experience too.

Obama is alright, but I feel like I gotta see more from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/23/07 06:00:57 PM 

Chris P. wrote:
Also, Joe Biden is that dude. He doesn't sugar-coat anything. I like someone that just tells it like it is. He got the experience too.

That's who I'm leanin toward right now. After I saw the debate he really left that impression. He doesn't like to bullshit and just gets to the point. As for the republicans i wish ron paul actually had a chance cause everything I have heard from him has been great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYDt7kC3Z0

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/23/07 09:44:58 PM 

yeah, I like Ron Paul too, but he really doesn't have a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/26/07 09:27:32 AM 

If I were asked who I wanted to win, I would have to say Kucinich for the Democrats and Paul for the Republicans. Both represent the possibility for the return to the fundamental ideas and of ideals supposedly represented by each party. Kucinich is a legitimate progressive, concerned with poverty, health care, abolishing the death penalty, and all of the other concerns of the left that have been largely overlooked by a Democrat party horrified by the word "liberal" and desperate to appear moderate, even if they have to destroy every distinction between themselves and the Republicans to do so. Paul represents the small government, fiscally conservative, strict constitution notion of what it meant to be a conservative in America before the Republicans became associated with perpetual warfare, excessive defense spending, and oppressive social control.

If I were asked who I thought would actually win, my bet would be on an Obama vs. Romney match in '08. Obama has the charismatic persona, novelty, and cautious pragmatism neccessary to win the interest of a lot of Democrats who are looking for a candidate who seems to represent changing without appearing legitimately revolutionary. Whereas Clinton, has developed a public persona of being a career politican with a changable ideology and a somewhat cold personal manner, so, although she currently has momentum, I think her campaign will slow down as the election approaches. Edwards still, unfortunately, has to carry around the stigma of being part of the failed Kerry campaign, and also seems to have failed to gain the kind of public interest the Clinton and Obama has, so I think that he's unlikely to win (although it's not impossible).

McCain's campaign has already all but destroyed itself. He has no money and his employees are abandoning the campaign left and right. I don't see how he could recover. Guliani has a lot of support now, but I have some trouble believing that he'll be able to win religious conservatives, and his connections with 9/11 and unwavering support of Bush may become liabilities. Romney, on the other hand, has all of the positions necessary to win over religious conservatives, the ability to appear as a Washington outsider, unassociated with the Bush administration's failures, and a polite, inoffensive manner that should allow him to win over Republicans fearful of another "because I said so" candidate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08/26/07 11:41:28 AM 

good post nugan, i agree with what you wrote for the most part. im wondering about romney though, he's got the same questions about his "conservatism" coming from massachusetts, and also his operational team is being questioned right now because the head of his security team has charges against him for impersonating a police officer. but if that doesn't affect him too much, theres not really anyone looking significantly stronger right now. i hope he loses though, as a massachusetts resident, im not a fan.