Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - The Nation of Gods and Earths (Five Percenters)

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/24/20 04:29:39 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The Nation of Gods and Earths (Five Percenters)
PostPosted: 02/18/08 06:10:01 PM 

i like your post, madd. i agree too. to add on to what you said last, i guess in the end for many people nowadays' black american generations it doesn't make an actual difference if the forefathers had different (yet, actually still the same) beliefs. if i imagine my earliest forefathers that i know about (like 6 or 7 generations ago that is), i knew had different beliefs than my mother and later generations were forced to give those up and assimilate, it would be interesting, yet, because i would have grown up with my families "new" beliefs, those originally forced and maybe rejected beliefs would be something unknown to me. not what i am used to and grew up in. for me that religion would be normal.
besides that, i think that the white ideal still does impact many of nowadays' black americans (often non-consciously), because nowadays' generations often had been raised by people, who were raised by people with those ideals for generations.
the most recent example that i noticed just yesterday, is on Jaheims "Ghetto Love" album. there is a skit where Jaheims girl just gave birth and he was gonna show it to his guys, of which one then offered him a cigar. now i might be fussy with this, but if i imagine a bunch of men of which one has just become a father is offered a cigar for that event, i imagine rich white men between 1900 and 1950. in the culture i grew up in you just wouldn't do that. and, if you have become a parent wouldn't you much rather live healthier?
i guess what i am trying to show is that without eurocentricity a black man of this planet would not preform a skit like that on his album. i kinda went off-topic but you could also refer that to christianity among black americans, if you liked, but i don't feel like writing it out.

sometimes it isn't clear to me, if by saying islam, you refer to the NoI (growing up in islam, i personally don't consider the NoI "islamic") or actual islam...?

Post subject: Re: The Nation of Gods and Earths (Five Percenters)
PostPosted: 02/19/08 04:39:20 PM 

yes that is a very good example... which would also explain to anyone who would care to think about it,,, what life is.... and be able to ask themselves is life real because it is based on things that have been made and taught for and to us by others.... would it be appropriate to step outside the boundaries ?
however about the NATION i don't consider them to be islamic what so ever... they have tooken names from islam and ascociated them with things that would benifit them .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10