Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Serv'n this Social Venture: Renewed Focused

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/17/17 10:26:58 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Serv'n this Social Venture: Renewed Focused
PostPosted: 07/01/10 01:56:52 PM 

Me: Theorizes this: Politicians can't win a religious debate...And the religious men, they can't win a debate against logic...! And logic fails in its attempt to defeat the truth!

Her: Agreed, I'd like to expand upon your theory and state, that I believe at least politics and religion should not mix, as they are two totally different animals, and one always distorts the other into something it should not be.

In other words, of Politics and Religion came into your office for couples counseling. You'd tell them that they could be friends, but really shouldn't have ever gotten married, they want different things. :)

Me:LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her: Oy...well it depends upon which "truth" you are speaking of. Truth and Logic may co-exist but it may at times be tempestuous. Truth and Logic will need to have exemplary communication skills, and boundries. Logic can be used to understand truth in certain ways, but they are not equal. Nor do I think they are necessarily incompatible. So yeah, I think Truth and Logic's marriage can be saved.

So lets take up Truth and Logic as a Community, because better together than separated. Agreed!

Post subject: Re: Serv'n this Social Venture: Renewed Focused
PostPosted: 07/06/10 03:34:38 PM 

I suppose they're not really congruous, but I'm not sure why you'd separate logic and truth. It seems to me that they're bound at the hip. Logic is what we use to construct and adjudicate arguments, which help us drive at the truth. I don't really understand what you're getting at.

Do you mind elaborating?