Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Glenn Beck Guest Host Calls Tanning Salon Tax “Racist”

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/24/17 10:28:54 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glenn Beck Guest Host Calls Tanning Salon Tax “Racist”
PostPosted: 03/31/10 06:45:31 AM 

While filling in for Glenn Beck on Beck’s radio show, conservative talk show host, Doc Thompson criticized President Obama for supporting a tanning salon tax. Here’s what he had to say.

For years I’ve suggested that racism was in decline and yeah, there are some, you know, incidents that still happen with regards to racism, but most of the claims I’ve said for years, well, they’re not really real. But I realize now that I was wrong. For I now too feel the pain of racism. Racism has been dropped at my front door and the front door of all lighter-skinned Americans. The health care bill the president just singed into law includes a 10 percent tax on all indoor tanning sessions starting July 1st, and I say, who uses tanning? Is it dark-skinned people? I don’t think so.

I would guess that most tanning sessions are from light-skinned Americans. Why would the President of the United States of America — a man who says he understands racism, a man who has been confronted with racism — why would he sign such a racist law? Why would he agree to do that? Well now I feel the pain of racism.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201003300011

Wow, i love how the racist right is so deperate for attention, and to be relevant again.
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/glenn-beck-guest-host-calls-tanning-salon-tax-racist/

Post subject: Re: Glenn Beck Guest Host Calls Tanning Salon Tax “Racist”
PostPosted: 04/03/10 11:26:26 AM 

I find the tax a bit silly, myself.

PostPosted: 04/03/10 11:30:12 AM 

I think the tax is silly as well, we need a flat tax.

Although what is bothersome is that these idiots often equate racism that blacks went through, which includes lynching, assassinations, rape and denying god-given rights, to dealing with policy changes they disagree with.

PostPosted: 04/05/10 10:24:36 AM 

the pupose of the tax, i believe, is more of a deterrant than just a financial inclusion of sorts. There have been scientific studies that have determined that these salons have attributed to a growing rate of skin cancer cases around the U.S. If people won't listen to reason...let them pay for it...twice.

PostPosted: 06/17/10 09:15:39 AM 

Flat tax could be better for the tanning salons. This could help people on better ways rather than that. Tanning salons must be given additional tax so that people will have to think first aside from considering the high price of the service.

Last edited by bedmasters21 on 06/19/10 12:21:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/17/10 06:38:20 PM 

but really?
a taning salon?
who gives a shit? If people want to tan, then let them. fuck 'em. They got self esteem issues that they need to deal with and a few cancers moles and liver spots in their inevitable future will teach them a lesson.
There a other things in this world that demand our attention other than some human sized skin kiln...or bubble headed idiots like Beck and his corn ball guests like Palin or Doc.

PostPosted: 03/04/11 07:46:34 AM 

Facetious. Look it up. Glenn Beck was being facetious.