Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - Excellent critique of Obama's speech.

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 01/23/20 04:17:43 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Excellent critique of Obama's speech.
PostPosted: 03/20/08 06:37:16 PM 

Ann brings the heat.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25610

Beware!

Post subject: Re: Excellent critique of Obama's speech.
PostPosted: 03/21/08 05:46:28 AM 

Great article! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: 03/21/08 08:28:47 PM 

yeah...fuck Ann Coulter. That is all.

PostPosted: 04/13/08 08:34:12 AM 

PlanB wrote:

PlanB, I haven't even read the article yet...I just wanna know why you put so much credibility in her?

PostPosted: 04/13/08 08:35:59 AM 

Haloed Griot wrote:
PlanB wrote:

PlanB, I haven't even read the article yet...I just wanna know why you put so much credibility in her?

I tried to read her article just now. She lost me at PopTarts...

PostPosted: 04/14/08 05:30:54 AM 

Not really placing any credibility in her. I just find her entertaining and spot on sometimes. This article I believed she hit the nail dead on.

Beware!

PostPosted: 04/25/08 06:45:52 AM 

i thought it was too populist. then i read other stuff from her an that page and have come to see that populism is what all her writings are about.

PostPosted: 04/25/08 10:58:37 AM 

Serra wrote:
i thought it was too populist. then i read other stuff from her an that page and have come to see that populism is what all her writings are about.

and how was that "populist"?? because it was ... for the people?

PostPosted: 04/25/08 04:53:54 PM 

domel wrote:
Serra wrote:

if "the people" you are talking about are simple minded, i guess that would be why.
i have read that when it was just posted, before and after i had seen the speech, so if you really think you need references... that would take me longer. i noticed that she would leave little things out that -in my opinion- were of importance just to make a point. she would take the truth and twist it. then she would -to my mind- rather rant than reason.
i was missing actual points, reasoning, arguments. the whole essay and other stuff i had read was too emotional for my taste. of course it is fun, if you are of her opinion anyway and like political entertainment that is not heavy on your mind, but she isn't really out to enlighten people. which is what i would want tho. i mean, she wants people to go "YEAH! I'M SAYING!" instead of "oh, i never even thought about that!" when they listen to her. she appeals to your emotions more than to your intellect, and i can't say i prefered that.
i think what she just tries to do is represent a "different" conservative.

PostPosted: 04/27/08 11:55:32 AM 

That was one of the stupidest articles I've read in a long time.

PostPosted: 04/28/08 05:15:01 AM 

I would like to know of what she said that wasn't true. It's amazing the extremes people will go to not to challenge or offend Obama. I keep rereading and keep laughing and finding her commentary spot on. As far as being Populist, you maybe spot on. Isn't that what Obama is selling? Hope and Change, is all I hear from people. Shit I can be president if that is all you want. Not saying he doesn't have any real issues we just can't seem to get to them before running into Hope. I really don't have a problem with Obama but he really lost me with all the "let's talk about race" bullshit to deflect from his loony neocon pastor. I hate to hear that shit from people on here so I damn sure don't want to hear it from a legitimate presidential candidate. Nothing makes me cringe more then "we need to have a dialogue on race". Oh yeah that was fucked up how he did his Grandma.

Beware!

PostPosted: 05/11/08 07:58:52 PM 

obama is elect neocon along with everyone else running, he's just the black one. They got all corners covered here, the same team fighting against eachother to man the ground of the long hull.

PostPosted: 05/11/08 09:31:38 PM 

Serra wrote:
domel wrote:
Serra wrote:

if "the people" you are talking about are simple minded, i guess that would be why.
i have read that when it was just posted, before and after i had seen the speech, so if you really think you need references... that would take me longer. i noticed that she would leave little things out that -in my opinion- were of importance just to make a point. she would take the truth and twist it. then she would -to my mind- rather rant than reason.
i was missing actual points, reasoning, arguments. the whole essay and other stuff i had read was too emotional for my taste. of course it is fun, if you are of her opinion anyway and like political entertainment that is not heavy on your mind, but she isn't really out to enlighten people. which is what i would want tho. i mean, she wants people to go "YEAH! I'M SAYING!" instead of "oh, i never even thought about that!" when they listen to her. she appeals to your emotions more than to your intellect, and i can't say i prefered that.
i think what she just tries to do is represent a "different" conservative.

Very well put.

I didn't like the article, either. I'm growing so tired of the "enough already" mentality of people like her. And wtf is a "post-racial" American? I'm only 25 and I've experienced racism countless times.

PostPosted: 05/12/08 11:55:53 AM 

yeah, try being a white ukrainian guy growing up in baltimore... im white... but ukrainian white, so i dont even count cause my fam was Ukrainian slaves under stalin during black slave stuff here.... i still get shit for slavery (for being white) when my ancestors were worse off... even more recently.

rascism deffinately exists, amongst all groups.

PostPosted: 05/13/08 12:50:01 AM 

PlanB, when I hear you use those points about Pastor Wright and his Grandma, I wonder if the people who don't like Obama pass around a 3-points card used as ammunition in debate to why they don't like him. The possibility of your boss being a Black man is real...that is hope because some people would like to see it happen. It would speak volumes to those who have excused the founding fathers of this country in theory...the "change" would be evidence and a symbol of meaning it when they state opportunities for all here in this country.

If we are gonna talk about Rev. Wright and Obama, then let's talk about...

The Anti-Muslim...Rev. Parsley

The Anti-Gay...Rev. Hagee

...and The Anti-American...Rev. Falwell

All 3 are people McCain has called his "Spiritual Guides"...Denouncements to occur : 0.

It's gonna happen my friend...boogie-oogie-oogie!!

PostPosted: 05/13/08 08:29:02 AM 

I don't have a real problem with Barack, especially with what is lined up next to him. I have the upmost respect for John McCain as a Soldier. He is the definition of Courage Under Fire and is clearly the most qualified candidate. With that said he probably won't get my vote because of his stand on the war. I will confess, I have lost to many friends to want this war to go on any longer. If Barack is to get in the White House then I would like to see him earn it. Nothing I can't tolerate more then is to be talked down to and patronized, and Obama was being treated like that by the media. He went the majority of the campaign not saying shit and not being challenged on anything. That's racism in my opinion. A educated man from Harvard and he can't be asked a tough question???? Poor Hillary Clinton and Bill chose the wrong time to run because they have been exposed as racist white republicans. And what's so funny if Barack wasn't running then she would have been unfairly targeted because she was a woman. Damn and I thought they were the First Black President and First Lady.

So yeah when the bigotry of Christian Zealotry reared it's ugly head but this time with a black face and backed by a Democrat I wanted to see the reaction. Because after all we are always being told what's ruining America is the Religous Right and their damn intolerance. Homophobic and anti-gay yada yada. How does Barack and Hillary stance differ again of same sex marriage then those of the Republican Party? Oh that's right they don't support a ban but still won't allow a marriage. IMO Barack handled the Wright situation like a true politician which was fucked up and he didn't have to do his Granmda like that, even if she is a typical white person.

Beware!