hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 10/25/14 10:09:30 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Live 08
PostPosted: 03/26/08 04:34:59 AM 

Last time I played a Basketball game was NBA Live 96 for the PS01. After playing couple games of this on the PS2, I dont think Ill be investing any money into games like NBA Street. My only beef is the inside pass button, Im not to sure if it was my control or the game but when I try to bring up the pass menu, it auto-inside passes for me which eventually ends up as a turnover. Great game though, probably my next pick up for the xbox.

Post subject: Re: NBA Live 08
PostPosted: 03/26/08 04:08:23 PM 

Buy NBA 2K8.

PostPosted: 04/13/08 10:38:40 AM 

the suns cant be beat. I make grown men cry over this game, it is somewhat unrealistic with their alley oops coming out of no where but an overall fun game. Im going to check out what NBA2k8 has to offer once I get some extra funds.

PostPosted: 04/14/08 10:26:42 PM 

2k8..even 2k7..stick with the 2k brand..

ea sucks..we are forced to play madden but im sure if 2k8 had another shot at the nfl it would be over..im not talking that allstar football game either

even

nba 08 for the ps2 is better that nba live..played that for free at target..

but yeah..get 2k you wont put it down,..you can creat eyour player throw him on your own team and even pick what type of kicks he wears..
rent it..for a taste.

PostPosted: 05/09/08 04:01:13 PM 

did you play it yet mr cereal stackz??

PostPosted: 05/12/08 04:56:38 PM 

i dont know, i have both live 08 and 2k8 and live is the superior title by far

PostPosted: 05/12/08 05:42:07 PM 

JPilla wrote:
i dont know, i have both live 08 and 2k8 and live is the superior title by far

I struggled playing the game. There is just to much emphasis put on offense that it becomes unplayable for me, and that isn't just my opinion on it. I've heard from others and read in reviews that say the same thing in regards to it being more offensively focused. Live takes more of a casual approach to the game, and the casual NBA fan probably enjoys dunking every time down court but for me it just gets boring. That said just go with what you enjoy. I enjoy 2K8 because you can run an effective offense/defense and change your teams style of play (Offensive tempo, fast break frequency, steal tendencies, close out speed, contest shot or go for the board/break, etc.) to suit your personal. It may be more of a nerdy NBA game, but the realism of it appeals to me and makes it much more enjoyable.

PostPosted: 05/13/08 03:34:49 PM 

i find live pretty evened out when it comes to offense and defence. sometimes its stupid cause the players dont dunk when they are on a fast break, which is probably my own fault, but im quite fond of the game. Its easy to break apart the defenses but there are some players out there that know the systematics of the game and can stop line drives. I have yet to play 2k8 yet, just havent the funds or the time. NBA Live just gets me too hype to play a real game of basketball, which is suits me fine since I rather play some real ball. I also suffered some bullshit loses online which totally turned me off the game, I dont give a fuck who you are, your down by 40 at the half, Kobe aint scoring 30 points in one quarter, while sinking 7-9 3pointers in triple coverage, while my shooters cant even buy a open shot. Shit is just stupid sometimes, its like the computer helps out the losing team even though they truly fucking suck. I dont care about keeping the game competitive, I earned the right to the win by blowing them out in the first half of the game. From Amare missing 3 footers, to Shaq Hookin the ball behind the basket, some shit isnt worth going through.

PostPosted: 05/13/08 09:25:06 PM 

,,its got chris paul on the cover..you gots to get it.. i just find the overall control of the player more unique and the overall presentation better,, download the demo for free..no excuses and then change the camera view to 2k.. :D