hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/30/14 04:50:14 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LeBron James the World's Greatest Athlete?
PostPosted: 05/12/09 08:47:55 PM 

Is LeBron James the world's greatest athlete? He plays well on the court, and out of it, he has his own agent company. Well, the only thing that can prove his success is a champion ring. I anticipate that he will be next MJ

Post subject: Re: LeBron James the World's Greatest Athlete?
PostPosted: 05/12/09 09:51:33 PM 

you mentally challenged huh?

PostPosted: 05/12/09 09:58:01 PM 

hey strongmind how many times have you been hit in the head by a basketball?

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant
http://www.soundclick.com/lionl
Http://www.soundcloud.com/rnivins8880

PostPosted: 05/28/09 03:19:56 PM 

I think he's the next.....Lebron James. How old does a sport have to get before comparisons are no longer applicable? Theres no set criteria or prerequisite to signify reaching the level of Jordanism. So this debate will go on forever. Mike came along and peaked in an era that is, in retrospect, the Jordan era. And I'll state this OBVIOUS point once only: Mike had Scottie. So you had the number one AND number 2 best players in the league on one team. The game has changed so much. Two superstar egos can, seemingly, no longer exist on one team(a very stupid attitude to have, KOBE!).

But lets entertain the thought. Here's my problem with Lebron:
People say its like a shifty locomotive headed your way when he charges the lane. And I used the word 'charge' literally. Because that's exactly what he does. DARES you to take a charge. He's skilled but if you ask me, he's sort of one dimensional. He's in love with the layup and the dunk...and the occasional 3-pointer. No stop and pop or pull-up in his arsenal whatsoever. As big as he is, he NEVER plays with his back to the goal. My homeboy made the point that Lebron tends to neutralize his own size once in the air when in traffic....balling himself up and double-clutching when he should be extending....at times, appearing to be going for the foul as opposed to a real shot attempt. Kid gets ALL the way to the goal where he could get either a high percentage shot or a foul...and SLINGS the ball BACK out to the three point line. I've seen it a million times.

He (or the media) FORCES his teammates into a position where they are all...Witnesses. Have you noticed how he never catches the ball and just dips? He tends to stand there and stare down his man....as if to feed right into the media machines hands. Lebron and the Lebronettes.
Mo Williams was like: "Option A was Lebron. Option B was Lebron. Option C.....was...."You get the point. What a great attitude for a team to have. Sometimes I wonder whats more important in the NBA: Winning or marketing? I mean yeah, he's good but you're in the NBA too, Mo! All this grooming and whatnot that they're doing to solidify Lebrons image in the public eye....could be his teams downfall.

I noticed the other night how deliberate Van Gundy was about singling out King James....like "We won but I still have absolutely NO clue what to do with 'him'. The kids incredible." I think that he realizes that the more the media blows Lebron James out of proportion, the weaker the rest of the team becomes. So he's like "Oh YEAH, that kid's amazing!" Meanwhile his team sub-consciously becomes more and more insignificant.

People drop 40 all the time now....It no longer impresses me that much......because 45% of those points are from the free throw line.

There will never be another Jordan.....just like there will never be another Kobe....I'm not so sure we'll never see another Lebron, though. I honestly just don't see whats so spectacular. Maybe I've been listening to Skip Bayless too much.

PostPosted: 05/29/09 11:23:14 AM 

Scottie Pippen has NEVER in any shape, form, or fashion been the 2nd best player in the NBA. NEVER.

PostPosted: 05/31/09 07:34:28 PM 

I whole-heartedly disagree. When MJ was playin, who was the next best player in the league
(and why doesn't anybody ever give Scotty his props?)

and I gotta say this: Next MJ? Who ever heard of MJ losing and not congratulating the other team and skipping the press conference? Sportsmanship counts for a lot. We're all human but damn! If you're gonna skip the press conference because you don't wanna hear any questions about puppets or if you're gonna go to N.Y. next year, at LEAST shake Dwight's hand. He punched Cleveland in the mouth!
Who hates sore losers? I DO. Who respects 'em? I don't.

PostPosted: 05/31/09 09:02:44 PM 

Lebum, Lebrat, Lebronze, Lechoke, Lesoreloser...I'm glad that overrated d-bag was sent home fishing.

PostPosted: 06/01/09 03:21:17 PM 

Catchphrase wrote:
I whole-heartedly disagree. When MJ was playin, who was the next best player in the league
(and why doesn't anybody ever give Scotty his props?)

and I gotta say this: Next MJ? Who ever heard of MJ losing and not congratulating the other team and skipping the press conference? Sportsmanship counts for a lot. We're all human but damn! If you're gonna skip the press conference because you don't wanna hear any questions about puppets or if you're gonna go to N.Y. next year, at LEAST shake Dwight's hand. He punched Cleveland in the mouth!
Who hates sore losers? I DO. Who respects 'em? I don't.

Man I'm not saying Scottie wasn't a great player, but you're telling me he was the 2nd BEST in the entire league???? That's a huge stretch. You're telling me he was a better player than Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Shaquille O'Neal, or even Grant Hill before his injuries?? NO way! And if he was so great he would've led the Blazers to the Finals instead of them choking it away in 2000 against the Lakers. And he wasn't even the best player on his TEAM then! Rasheed Wallace was. I'm not taking anything away from Scottie, but I repeat he has NEVER been the 2nd best player in the entire NBA. EVER.

And the media made too big a deal out of the whole LeBron not shaking hands or addressing the media... so what?? The man just lost a hard fought series that he put his all into, and he was upset. Give him a break! It wasn't his fault they lost. The Cavs just were NOT good enough. Period. They lost to a better team. And LeBron is probably the best team player in the league, contrary to what everybody's saying now that the Cavs lost. Take LeBron off the Cavs and they'd be a LOTTERY team, they'd have less talent than the Clippers, Thunder, Grizzlies, Milwaukee, etcetera. That's how good of a player he is, but he needs help. He's just a human, and before you bitch about him not addressing the media, think of the magnitude of that situation. You just lost when you tried your damned hardest to win, ask yourself what would YOU do?? Would you be so gracious to go over and shake hands with the dudes who just kicked your ass?? If you're a real competitor you're gonna be a lil upset at first, and just because he didn't go shake hands... big fuckin deal. There's no rule that says you have to go do that anywhere. At that time he was upset and I don't blame him at all.

However, I did notice that when he addressed the media the next day he had on New York Yankee cap. That could be a tell-tale sign he's leaving Cleveland. Dunno.

PostPosted: 06/02/09 01:51:43 AM 

Well you know what, it IS a big deal for him to not congratulate any of the Magic afterwards. He calls himself being a winner, which is why he didn't shake hands. That's a bunch of bull, because the fool just LOST the damn series. As a true competitor, when you're beaten, be humble and congratulate the better man or team. Show some class and grow up Lebron. The greats all know when they've been beaten and were never ones to shy away from it. MJ shook hands with Joe D. during the bitter Bulls Pistons rivalries. Heck even Magic and Larry showed respect for each other, whenever one lost between them two. He says it doesn't make sense for him to shake hands with "someone that just beat you up." That right there truly shows how poor of a sport he is.

Oh and to the thought of Scottie being the 2nd best player in the L at any time, I've got two words for that. HA HA.

PostPosted: 06/02/09 11:41:33 AM 

Nah players don't always shake hands after hard fought series. The man addressed his teammates, and told them he needed to get away for awhile, then told his mom he was coming to be with her for awhile, and there's nothing at all wrong with that. How do you know he hasn't called players from the Magic or met up with them to congratulate them by now? Just because he didn't do it immediately following the game means nothing. There is no written rule that says you have to congratulate the other team. But then to put a different spin on it, I can say this. A true leader is born out of adversity, not out of when things are all smiles and sunshine, so we'll see how he comes back from this. And that will define what type of leader he's going to be, not this one moment because it was in the heat of battle and emotions were heavy so I'm not gonna judge him based on what just transpired. I'm gonna judge him on how he responds next year and in the years to come. But in my opinion he should stay his ass in Cleveland.

PostPosted: 06/02/09 02:10:05 PM 

I'm no LeBron fan, but I have no beef with him leaving the court, he's easily the most talkative interview granter of all the big-name guys in the NBA and he just spent 6 games slapping up a 38-8-8 and trying to beat the Magic by himself, I'd be pissed too in that scneario

PostPosted: 06/02/09 09:01:08 PM 

Scotty practically INVENTED the point forward position....now EVERYbody seems to be a hybrid....at least the good players. I stand by my statement, bruh. I don't know that Mike could've done what he has without Pippen.

PostPosted: 06/02/09 10:42:32 PM 

Catchphrase wrote:
Scotty practically INVENTED the point forward position....now EVERYbody seems to be a hybrid....at least the good players. I stand by my statement, bruh. I don't know that Mike could've done what he has without Pippen.

Scottie did not invent the point forward position, Tex Winter and his triangle offense did. If you notice, the offense doesn't really depend on a ball dominant point guard. John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr - none of them were great ball handlers and pure PG's. Now once Scottie was out the system and MJ's shadow, did he become a franchise player? NOPE. But I mean, its cool, you can stand by your statement and all. I just think that that category you can put Scottie under would be "best sidekick" ever or whatever. I just find it impossible to name him the second best player at any point in the 90's when guys like Hakeem, Admiral, Chuck, Grant Hill, Penny, Mailman, Clyde and Shaq played at the same time. Ah well, agree to disagree.

PostPosted: 06/02/09 10:47:00 PM 

Funkytoez wrote:
Nah players don't always shake hands after hard fought series. The man addressed his teammates, and told them he needed to get away for awhile, then told his mom he was coming to be with her for awhile, and there's nothing at all wrong with that. How do you know he hasn't called players from the Magic or met up with them to congratulate them by now? Just because he didn't do it immediately following the game means nothing. There is no written rule that says you have to congratulate the other team. But then to put a different spin on it, I can say this. A true leader is born out of adversity, not out of when things are all smiles and sunshine, so we'll see how he comes back from this. And that will define what type of leader he's going to be, not this one moment because it was in the heat of battle and emotions were heavy so I'm not gonna judge him based on what just transpired. I'm gonna judge him on how he responds next year and in the years to come. But in my opinion he should stay his ass in Cleveland.

i wouldn't have sucha problem with it if it was his first time...but dude did the same thing game 7 last year after they lost to the C's

PostPosted: 06/03/09 12:31:46 PM 

:o I thought it was the first time...and I had a HUGE problem with it.
The more upset you are with the loss, the bigger the man you are for congratulating the better team.
If......IF, I say........Lebron ever makes it to the finals, how will he feel if the other team omits shaking hands with him.

"You don't shake hands with the guy who just beat you". Really? So all year you should have just been walkin back to the locker room instead of shaking hands with the cats you just drug. I've said it before: I HATE a cat that can dish it but can't take it. If boxers can do it, it should be no problem for you. I can't help thinking that if it were the other way around......If the Cavs woulda won the series, and Dwight just BOUNCED....yall woulda been hatin. No doubt in my mind. But "Its King James. He's been so great with the media before!" It was obviously a front. And the leader of the team didn't even show up for the press conference. Hung his squad out to dry. Like "I'm goin to NY...who cares".....rockin an NY cap. I thought THAT was in poor taste but thats another story. Lebron showed me that it's really about...Lebron.....and not his team. That action will follow him wherever he goes. I was a fan before that incident....I lie to you not. But he doesn't need me as a fan. He's got HUNDREDS of "witnesses". Aye.....FUCK Lebron AND his blown-out-of-proportion last second 3-pointer. It looks as if he's definately headed to N.Y; Where NBA stars go to die.

It kills me, though. When he's winning and talking to the media its "oh, he's so mature and well-spoken". When he loses and displays poor sportsmanship its "He's only 24!" You gotta have a standard. Shaking hands after the game is NOT a rule......but it's a standard. All of a sudden some are sticklers for the rules!? The rules and "the thing to do" sometimes differ. If you think that shit was o.k. you're obviously star-struck. Come down to Earth.

PostPosted: 06/03/09 04:43:26 PM 

Rich Deluxe wrote:
Funkytoez wrote:

i wouldn't have sucha problem with it if it was his first time...but dude did the same thing game 7 last year after they lost to the C's

I didn't know that I thought this was his 1st time... didn't even pay attention. Maybe that's why they made a big deal out of it when he did it this time. If that's true then he really does need to check himself.

Pure Beauty!