hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/28/14 05:04:38 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: ROOKIE TOURNEY Round of 16: WIT-GIFTED vs. SlimSkilla
PostPosted: 04/14/03 09:07:38 AM 

You have until April 21th to post your verse.

First to six votes takes this round. Once again votes must be explained.

Unlimited bars... good luck gentleman. :)

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant

Pure Beauty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/16/03 11:29:12 PM 

a crumb on a skillet of skill
filler appeal, dumb
stunned by the drill, an imposter
on a roster of tight sounds
your an alien - "why are you here?"
you didn't get any votes in the first round
a jolt of a heart, there are many like you
I'm the poisen in the cup, sent down a throat to fight you
I can't back down,
on a tight rope of wordplay
every syllable is given to survey
every utter, matched up to every letter
my verses are a cryptogrophers fantasies
this battle is a mis-match like two languages
phantom tongue, you can't speak of latin,
slim skilla is left like a dead language,
trampled by modern grammer,
handled by a sharp wit,
in the dark with phantoms
my mind is a ginsu knife slicing slims atoms
flip knives, threaten to pull handguns
in this verbal assualt, I pull triggers like tantrums
young'un fashion,
but like an adult,
my might does silence reactions
painting a deadly picture
in this steady shot of heated passion
slim skilla is under me - a caption..

Post subject: verse
PostPosted: 04/17/03 06:16:07 AM 

aiight look,

I’m the substance inside your veins that will be controlled within my capability
I ride a train, so I can trail around and within your originated circuitry
And find those so called treasures that you have not been able to expose
Cause the land mines imbedded in your section seem to be too close for you to diagnose
And it seems that your not the only one to impose, cause I know that many trails have been tracked
But they all came in empty handed and left the same with the feeling of being sacked
and as I can see from your depressive expressions, it seems difficult for you to reveal yourself in uncharted land
Maybe I should stop off here and explore the weaknesses that reside within your unknown brand
I tackle your strategy like an obstacle and leave you with my verbal track marks
And don’t think I’ll go off balance, cause I treat it like natural land and play my larks
Maybe it’s due to my talent, I’ll confide my essence around your verbal state of mind
And maybe later on, I might get off at this stop and see how far I can go to be refined
And when I’m done, you can breathe in all those bad times while I go ahead and press rewind
Cause my purpose here is to go beyond my true existence
So I can see that you can’t hold onto your shoulder and ease your resistence

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 07:23:59 AM 

Difficult battle to vote on. This was one of the better ones I've seen so far and it will be a shame to lose either battler. Still, votes must be made....

The one thing I noticed is that neither verse had aggression. They both had a unique way of coming at the battle but there was nothing in there to actually hit their opponent hard. Language and style were too emphasized in both verses and in a way it seemed like a weak battle in comparison to some.
On a brighter note the originality of both verses were superb. Slim's almost read as a story describing the demise of Wit which was pretty dope. He also had a good use of imagery. Wit's had some mystic shit about it with excellent flow and an almost minimalist sense of destroying his opponent.

All in all I think Wit-Gifted edged it slighty with better imagery and use of language. I feel if Slim would have thrown in more aggression then he might have had it.

Winner: Wit-Gifted

On another note, this is a tournament. This is to show who the BEST are out of a select number of people. Each verse you type up should be and expression to show you want to win this. People competing in this tourney should NOT be writing anything sloppy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 09:13:10 AM 

word to Marblez, neither had much force or aggression.

Wit_gifted got this as he had a better and more complex rhyme scheme. Slim's verse was good cos it made it sound like he was directly talking to wit, rather then about him. Both had very good imagery and this was close, but sorry slim, Wit just took this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 09:33:27 AM 

my belief is that Wit's verse was much more confident and had much more wordplay that Slim's. Wit seemed more secure on the bars he composed whereas Slim was constantly saying "maybe". There was no maybe with wit. He told dude what was going to happen, straight up and down.

Rnd: Wit-Gifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 10:15:05 AM 

I'mo disagree wit everybody. Niether one had very much battle shit to judge so I, going on the poetic aspect, give it to: Slim Skilla.
Whoever wins: Bring Mo Heat Next Round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/17/03 12:16:13 PM 

i think slim got this one his was right there in witts face focusing the whole rap on him good job.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/18/03 10:26:32 AM 

Lost Marblez wrote:
Difficult battle to vote on. This was one of the better ones I've seen so far and it will be a shame to lose either battler. Still, votes must be made....

The one thing I noticed is that neither verse had aggression. They both had a unique way of coming at the battle but there was nothing in there to actually hit their opponent hard. Language and style were too emphasized in both verses and in a way it seemed like a weak battle in comparison to some.
On a brighter note the originality of both verses were superb. Slim's almost read as a story describing the demise of Wit which was pretty dope. He also had a good use of imagery. Wit's had some mystic shit about it with excellent flow and an almost minimalist sense of destroying his opponent.

All in all I think Wit-Gifted edged it slighty with better imagery and use of language. I feel if Slim would have thrown in more aggression then he might have had it.

On another note, this is a tournament. This is to show who the BEST are out of a select number of people. Each verse you type up should be and expression to show you want to win this. People competing in this tourney should NOT be writing anything sloppy.

I'll quote my man Marbz here.. he summed it up for me.. especially the tourney winning shit..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/21/03 03:22:50 AM 

Wit:

"my mind is a ginsu knife slicing slims atoms"
cool idea, and the rest of it had good imagery and shit too, but i liked this one especially

"my might does silence reactions
painting a deadly picture
in this steady shot of heated passion
slim skilla is under me - a caption.."
I liked this too, and the caption thing works on more than one level.

Flow was good, lots of imagery and metaphors, but to be honest I wasn't feeling the imagery and metaphors all that much... like it was aiight, but nothing really gave me a jolt y'know?

Slim:

"Cause the land mines imbedded in your section seem to be too close for you to diagnose"
cooool

"Maybe I should stop off here and explore the weaknesses that reside within your unknown brand"
this is effective when you have ten minutes to think about it, but c'mon, nobody wants to do that. This was a point off, even though I liked it.

"I tackle your strategy like an obstacle and leave you with my verbal track marks"
the concept of trampling is dope

your flow overall wasn't as good as wits by a pretty big margin, but I did feel your verse as a whole more than wit's.

True, both of y'all need more aggression. I still liked both verses. It was really close, wit did have shit i liked, and the styles were similar, but slim hit me with more ooh-and-ah-provoking mental pictures.

Wish this battle came in a later round.

vote -slimskilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/21/03 11:56:53 AM 
Lost Marblez wrote:

Damn this was summed up nicely good hard fought battle Wit gets this one but not by much

Peace

LIL-FOLS

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/21/03 07:47:14 PM 

5-3

my lead, so far.

(great votes btw, thanks for the explanations)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/21/03 11:57:31 PM 

i guess we need some more voteys

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 07:54:26 AM 

I feel that explantions are not relevant now. It's already been handled. But if you absolutely NEED one check out Lost Marblez if it'll make you feel better.

Rnd: Wit-Gifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/22/03 06:15:05 PM 

aight

6-3

I got this one.

WIT-GIFTED is moving on...

pretty good verse by Slim Skilla, props..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/29/03 07:42:01 AM 

i know it dont count but i vote for slim skilla just cause your shit was lame wit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04/30/03 06:36:59 AM 

WIT-GIFTED Advacnes

http://www.myspace.com/lionelsavant

Pure Beauty!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]