Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - QUESTION bars+limitation

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 11/20/17 11:02:34 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: QUESTION bars+limitation
PostPosted: 04/09/10 08:55:40 AM 

what program allows u to have more bars than FL (4-8)? how can i compose e.g. a whole verse, without having to split it in small small blocks as in fruity loops.
fruity loops just isn't comfortable for me as i make up bigger parts in my mind but have to chop them up and that is stopping me.

Post subject: Re: QUESTION bars+limitation
PostPosted: 04/21/10 12:31:36 PM 

u suck. 51 views, none of them answers. fuck u and fuck fruity loops

PostPosted: 04/21/10 01:32:17 PM 

HA! I don't have an answer for you, fam. That's why you got no response from me. Good luck w/ your search.

PostPosted: 04/21/10 07:47:42 PM 

hermit wrote:
what program allows u to have more bars than FL (4-8)? how can i compose e.g. a whole verse, without having to split it in small small blocks as in fruity loops.
fruity loops just isn't comfortable for me as i make up bigger parts in my mind but have to chop them up and that is stopping me.

Are you referring to the length of the loops? if I recall, there was no limit to that. I've done 32 bar loops with several instruments in it before because, like you, I like longer parts... wait, that came out wrong! :oops:

Are you using the piano roll or just the step sequencer? the step sequencer has a limit. But if you right-click on the instrument you've inserted into the step sequencer, you should be able to send it to the piano roll, which gives you all of the playing room you want. ANother way to get to it is the View menu, then select Piano Roll. There should also be a shortcut to the piano roll in the top toolbars by default with the PL, SS, PR, SB, and FX buttons. PR = Piano Roll, so you can just click that.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 04/26/10 08:38:27 AM 

i see, i think i never used the piano roll. i will check it next time. thank you!

:boys:
haha

PostPosted: 04/26/10 04:11:56 PM 

hermit wrote:
i see, i think i never used the piano roll. i will check it next time. thank you!

:boys:
haha

you can also extend the step sequencer up to 32 bars with the little "green" square display in the upper left corner of the step sequencer. just increase that number to increase the number of bars for much longer drum loops. figured this out last week when double-checking the piano roll

PostPosted: 04/27/10 12:28:06 AM 

yeah, i know there is the option to do that, but fl just wouldn't display any more than 8 or 16 i forgot. the number would show 32 but the bars wouldn't be displayed anymore at some point.

PostPosted: 06/01/10 12:03:02 AM 

hermit wrote:
yeah, i know there is the option to do that, but fl just wouldn't display any more than 8 or 16 i forgot. the number would show 32 but the bars wouldn't be displayed anymore at some point.

i think enlarging the window of the step sequencer would fix that.