hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 09/23/14 03:22:14 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how i get better quality when converting into mp3 or m4a...
PostPosted: 03/16/08 01:34:24 PM 
we all know that .wav files are the way to go for quality..sometimes when we want to put files up on the net alot of times they want mp3 files right. personally i hate mp3 because of the loss of quality due to the compression. so what i do is this..

if im uploading into myspace i use the bonk encoder which is a free music converter and i convert my wave files into m4a.yes myspace will play them even though it says mp3....

m4a files are basically what apple uses for ipod, they are more ompressed than mp3 but for some reason sounds way fuckin better.so in other words a 3.5 mb mp3 would be around 2.5 mb in m4a file format, but better quality remember dat!!!

now on sound click you cant use m4a which is not cool at all but theres a way around that as far as quality is concerned.now im no engineer this is all trial and error...

i use fruity loops for the most part but im sure you can do this with other programs since they all do the same fuckin damn thing.

when im done with my instrumental i render it at 88000 hz instead of the industry standard of 44khz or what ever that number is....doing this makes the wave file (which will be mixed down so make sure its the final version , and youre satisfied with) a big muhfukka!!!!!

so lets say you got a song thats 3- 4 mins long right, normally if you render/export it at 44khz its gonna be around 34-40 mb...now when you render it at 88khz its gonna be around 70-85 mb. thus making it a big muhfukka.

so when you mp3 that bitch instead of a 3 mb file itll be 7mb. true it will be a big file for only 4 min but the quality will be twice as better and sound click or z share will accept it.

yo this shit take up mad space so if you aint got ample amount of hd space i suggest you get an external..i got one with 500 gigs for around a buck fiddy.well actually i got it off a tack head for 40 bucks in the box, but i know they go for that much.

Post subject: Re: how i get better quality when converting into mp3 or m4a...
PostPosted: 03/16/08 01:48:00 PM 
and remember when u download an instumental and drop a verse, then mp3 that shit u r re-mp3'in that inst,so ur gonna lose even more of the inst.