Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/73/13971573/html/bb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
hiphop-elements.com • View topic - New Source Magazine - "Extinction Agenda"

hiphop-elements.com

It is currently 07/17/19 02:20:28 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Source Magazine - "Extinction Agenda"
PostPosted: 01/20/04 11:51:13 AM 

Here are some snippets from the new Source mag to hit stands. This issue is the one regarding Eminems racists comments made on tape several years ago. Following the snippets are some comments from artists and folsk from the Hip Hop community voicing their displeasure towards Eminem.

There's something in the way of things. At the end of The Roots' Phrenology, poet Amiri Baraka warned of an in?uential force that no one would name. Hip-Hop is being driven by something but isn't driven by anything. No, it's not just Eminem. That would be giving him too much credit. But he is a symptom of it. A symptom of
our reluctance to take control of what we created instead of being idle participants. That "something" in the way is a jarring emptiness and lack of focus. Turbulence. But in the pages that follow, The Source takes the controls and allows our artists, politicians and readers to finally confront the forces of racism, sexism and denial that are slowly killing our culture.

The real Slim Shady

The Source uncovers the startling truth about
Marshall Mathers and the racist comments
that have Hip-Hop patiently waiting for answers
Words by Kim Osorio

Let's do the math. If Eminem were Black, he would have sold half-or a lot less than half. His story, that of a skilled lyricist born and raised in Detroit, fully immersed in Hip-Hop culture and struggling through lyrical battles until he finally triumphs at the top, has been hyped up as if it were something really special. But in truth, it's really just the same story as many Black rappers'. If you think about it, it could have easily been his boy Proof, a member of D12 known in his community to be an equally skilled MC. But it wasn't.
Today, Marshall Mathers III, a White MC born in St. Joseph, Missouri, is rap's biggest success story. Without a doubt, he is a very skilled rapper-maybe one of the best. After all, his independent work garnered critical acclaim and earned Em a spot in the coveted Unsigned Hype column in this magazine before he was ever signed. In his seven-year career, Eminem has released three major-label albums, sold over 20-million records worldwide, started his own Hip-Hop label, and has been called a genius by Rolling Stone. But his race has earned him privileges. He marched into the MTV Video Music Awards with over 100 clones of himself, something no Black rapper would have been allowed to do.
Arguably, there is a desire on the part of top executives at major media outlets and corporations like MTV, which has had, at best, a shaky history of dealing with Black music, to see a White person in Hip-Hop slide into the top spot. But because Hip-Hop represents the oppressed communities and speaks for the victims of the embedded racist structure that is still prevalent in this country, there is a risk when these tendencies go unchecked. It is, in fact, the duty of these corporations who are involved in Hip-Hop to be sensitive to these issues. And now, the harsh reality is that the people that have laid down the foundation, along with the younger generation for whom it was created, are being forced out of the one thing they have that truly gives them a voice.
Until recently, Eminem has seemed very careful about his place as a White rapper in a predominantly African American and Latino Hip-Hop culture. And in a November 2002 Vibe article, he had this to say about using the word "nigger": "It's not my place to say it. There's some things that I just don't do."
But on an old recording (produced by White beatmakers he no longer works with), which was given to The Source in October of last year, Eminem opposes dating Black women "'cause I don't like that nigger shit." On another song he calls Black people "moon crickets," "spear chuckers" and "porch monkeys."
To put it in perspective, remember this is a White rapper with the ability to influence millions of minds who is saying these things to other White people behind closed doors.
To date, few Hip-Hop players have called Marshall Mathers out on these racist comments, probably because he holds so much power in the game, but there is a growing chorus of dissent among Black leaders outside of the music industry. And many of the people near his beloved 8 Mile, people with whom he collaborated during his rise to superstardom, aren't afraid to speak on it. Understanding Marshall Mathers's past-his life before the Black community accepted him-explains how a rapper of his caliber could have something like the racist recording hidden in his closet. See, during his high school days, he was going back and forth across 8 Mile.

THE D
8 Mile is a major roadway in Detroit that divides the suburbs from the city. If you go toward 7 Mile, you find the 'hood, complete with Coney Island restaurants and oversized liquor stores. That side is predominantly Black. The city of Detroit, as a whole, is actually 83 percent Black, with the third highest number of Blacks of any city in the United States. On the other side of 8 Mile, going north toward 9 Mile, is considered the suburbs. That area is mostly made up of White people.
Historically, Detroit has been a breeding ground for talent, specifically Black talent. The birthplace of Motown Records, Detroit has seen the rise of Stevie Wonder and the Jackson 5, among many others. But where Hip-Hop is concerned, there's a long line of artists whose names have somehow been written out of history. Few have actually achieved mainstream or national recognition, aside from Eminem and Kid Rock.
The first rap artist from Detroit to sign a major recording deal was late-'80s pioneer Awesome Dre. Then came Esham, who sold hundreds of thousands of records independently. Both were hardcore rappers and are cited as pioneers of Detroit Hip-Hop. Eventually, gangsta groups, such as Detroit's Most Wanted and Rap Mafia, became local legends like their predecessors. Their stories are the ones that are rarely told.
But when Hip-Hop began to reflect its more conscious artists in the early '90s, Detroit lyricists such as Proof started emerging. Soon thereafter, clothing entrepreneur Maurice Malone founded the Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store where local artists showcased their lyrical skills. Eminem was a part of that circuit.
The VH1 specials, articles, MTV shows and especially the film 8 Mile would have you believe that Eminem grew up in one of Detroit's Black neighborhoods. But, actually, Marshall Mathers went to Lincoln High School, a predominantly White school in the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan, dubbed War-n-tucky for its reputation as a hotbed of racism. He moved to Warren in his early teens.
From 1988 when Em was 16 until around 1993 when he was 21, Eminem formed a rap collective known as Bassmint Productions. The all-White crew consisted of Eminem (M&M) himself, another MC, Chaos Kid, and a pair of brothers, DJ Buttafingaz and Manix, who did production. Together, they performed at local shows and recorded hundreds of tapes. In 1991, Manix's friend Shortcut, a White Hip-Hop dancer who frequented the clubs back then, met Champtown while dancing for Rob Base in Canada, and Shortcut introduced him to Bassmint Productions. Champtown is an African American rapper and entrepreneur who started rhyming when he was 9. He was raised in the streets of Detroit and was a reputable Hip-Hop head in the community. He had been down with Esham in his earlier years and later started his own label, Straight Jacket Records. He introduced Eminem to his side of 8 Mile. This man, however, has been left out of Eminem's story, and there is much more to it than people know.
Bassmint Productions' two MCs had different styles. "Eminem was a battle rapper, very heroic, very egotistical, while Chaos Kid was very conscious, a Poor Righteous Teachers, Public Enemy, KRS-One type of guy," says Champtown. "[T]hey definitely clashed on the creativity side. They both had skills as far as delivery goes, but their subject matter was different. If they are on a record and one is rapping about himself and what he will do to MCs and then Chaos Kid would rap about how the sun is going to fall and burn us all, it would just be too much of a difference, [so] eventually they decided to go their own separate ways."
Chaos Kid, who is currently promoting a community-focused organization Idle Kids, no longer speaks to Champ-town, but agrees he and Eminem were too different to remain in a group together. "For a while, I did influence him … but I was about Public Enemy and he was Naughty By Nature," Chaos Kid explains.

the making of a hip-hop monopoly

This diagram illustrates the magnitude of the current and growing monopolization of Hip-Hop. Corporate control and concentration of radio, retail distribution and major recording artists under one record label has affected the ability of independent artists and labels to compete or succeed. In addition, the only music that is heard and promoted from this conglomerate is highly focused on questionable themes-crime, drugs, murder etc.-while Black and Latino communities are continually victimized by these conditions.

interscope records
Over 20% of all Hip-Hop albums sold in 2003 were released under the Interscope Records umbrella, which includes record labels such as Geffen/A&M and DreamWorks. Interscope is overseen by chairman and CEO Jimmy Iovine and is filtered through their top-selling Hip-Hop acts, Eminem and 50 Cent, who, along with producer Dr. Dre, have label deals of their own (Shady, G-Unit and Aftermath Records). Interscope has created extremely tight-knit relationships with the three critical outlets for control of Hip-Hop: radio, MTV and retail. The creativity of top artists is effectively dictated by the system and is made to fit the new corporate arrangement (uncontroversial, radio-friendly first singles with R&B choruses).

MACK 10: White dudes can't say [******], especially if they're saying it in a negative way. If he's saying, 'That's my *****,' that's different. But if you're saying it in a negative way, I'ma think that **** is racist. Then rap and everything go out the window

CROOKED I: I think the dude is an incredible lyricist, but if you're a racist, you get no support. If we support a racist, we cutting our own throat. If he's racist like that, he gotta fall to the side. I want to see him on TV publicly apologize to Black women

SKILLZ:If you say the word '******' out of anger and frustration and call a girl a Black *****, I'm pretty sure you'll say it again. I don't think it's not a word he hasn't used since then. Bottom line is I don't appreciate Eminem using the word ******. As soon as I read his statement, I knew something was fishy. He said he was dating a girl who was 'African American'! I've never heard him use the term 'African American' in his whole life, which made the whole statement look suspect to me. It's the classic example of someone getting caught and being outta character when they try to explain themselves. It all sounds the same. Sorta like his beats.

JOE BUDDEN:I don't know what the f**k is wrong with him. I love Black women. You almost really do want to believe him, but that type of attitude really can't be excused, I don't care how old you were. I don't really know if it will affect his career, but I think he should apologize. I just hope he doesn't have those same views today.

FREDDIE FOXXX:The bottom line is this: The fact that Eminem is White doesn't have any reflection on him being a dope MC. But he's definitely equivalent to Elvis Presley in a sense that Elvis only thought that Black people were good enough to either be his servant, or anything in a type of servitude for him. His goal is to do better than the people he stole from. At the end of the day, what else do you expect from a White man? I'm sure he used the N-word a whole lot of times outside of this.

STYLES P: His ****ing teeth should have been knocked out that's my reaction. But all the Black people who are sucking his cock should be ashamed of themselves. If it was a Black *****, they would have killed his ass. I can't say something too wrong 'cause he on my label. If he apologizes, it'll be aiight. If not, that's ****ed up.

PAUL WALL :If he made it as a racist song, then hell yeah he's wrong for it. That's very stereotypical for him to say that all Black girls want your money. That's like saying all gay people got AIDS. If he don't want to date Black girls, that's cool with me. That's just more for me. He wrong for it, but he wrong for most of the **** he do.

BUN B (UGK):When did he realize he was wrong for saying that? When he got caught? It's no way that song should have been still out there like that. Nobody should have gotten a copy of that. If he didn't want nobody to hear it, he should have never put it on record, he had 10 years to find that tape.

KILLER MIKE :This is a Black and Latino culture and art form. If you're not sensitive to that, then your card is gonna be pulled. I haven't heard the song, but I'm not in favor of White men bashing Black women. I don't think people are gonna tolerate that.

PETEY PABLO:It's a shocking situation 'cause he's always been a great MC to me and for this to be the case, he's like Elvis. I don't think you can really apologize for that because if you call me a ******, then to me, that's always on your mind and that's what you think about us and that's the way you look at me.

Dr. Michael Eric Dyson (university of pennsylvania):Eminem certainly needs to apologize not just offer the excuse of his youth to deny the racist beliefs that abound. Even if he was just 'blowing off steam' as an angry kid, why resort to racist lyrics to denigrate his former girlfriend? His explanation fails to acknowledge the hurtful beliefs that have prevailed for centuries, beliefs that he appropriated and circulated through his lyrics. Further, he has refused to admit that such poisonous beliefs are a threat to the very music he loves, and also to the people who have been responsible for creating the culture he has benefited from, making him wealthy by his own admission.

MALIK SHABAZZ (NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY): There'clearly two standards for Black and White celebrity figures when it comes to acts they have done or allegedly committed. You have Michael Jackson allegedly molesting children and he's being attacked with the full force of every media in the country. You have Kobe Bryant in the same situation, but with Eminem who is on tape making racist comments that reveal what he feels about Black people everything is being suppressed. He can't be allowed to get away with a mere retraction when the evidence on him is already in. His Black fans should remember this and it should reflect in his future record sales.

IRV GOTTI:I'm a person who loves Black women. I been around Black women all my life, so I'm a defender of them. What bothers me more than the actual tape is his comment that he was was dating an African American woman at the time. His words are far worse than the tape. If he would have said, 'I was freestyling, I needed something to rhyme with lack itch, I didn't know what I was doing,' that's still not an excuse, but that would have been better. Knowing this is what you think of Black women that they *****es, sluts, hos. I ain't never gonna ride with that.

ESHAM: 8 Mile was full of so much garbage that it was crazy. ... He's just a racist and the whole movie has racist overtones. It was fictitious and, once again, he was just using the culture and twisting it up in his own little sick way for the masses.

LAZY LAZE (M.O.P): White America has that same programmed disdain and lack of respect for Black people, and like a battered wife, we are just supposed to excuse it. We have to stand up for ourselves and hold people accountable for their actions, whether it's Eminem, Bush or the Boston Red Sox they wouldn't sign a Black free agent till 1992!

CRAZY LEGS (ROCK STEADY CREW): I feel there is a huge double standard when it come to mainstream media holding people not of color accountable for their actions. If this had been someone of color, careers would have been lost by now. What Eminem has done is something that has to be taken seriously. At the same time, I feel that as a person of color, I would like to see our own people stop treating things like what he said as something that only we can do and not check each other when we do it.

NIKKI GIOVANNI: Im not a fan of Eminem and it was a profound disappointment. He had to know that this was not acceptable and what he didn't expect is that somebody would say something to him. Eminem and the White boys who want to do rap have to grow up. You are just not allowed to be a bigot. ... It's like [Eminem] floated a balloon politically, and he wanted to see who's gonna shoot it down. Now they're putting a spin on it like, 'I'm sorry.' Somehow, young, White people seem to think they can do anything and then say 'I'm sorry.' But that doesn't get it. It just doesn't get it.

JIMMY HENCHMAN: It would be a travesty if Eminem did not apologize to our community [of women]. As Americans, we're entitled to The Source As Americans, we're entitled to free speech by the first amendment.

SUGE KNIGHT (CEO, DEATH ROW RECORDS) First off, I am definitely supporting The Source on this, because they have been representing for Hip-Hop since day one. I not only fault Eminem but the people around him, who knew about this all along, including Dr. Dre. I don't support anyone who [says they are] down with Hip-Hop and is trying to defend this racist muthafu**a. I've watched beefs go on in Hip-Hop where guys are ready to go to war with each other and hold grudges for years, but this is way worse and some people are ready to dismiss it. My mother is Black, my sister and my two daughters, so when he talks about Black women, there is no forgiving him.

Last edited by HOAXone on 01/20/04 12:45:42 PM, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 12:10:39 PM 

I might never buy another copy of the Source again.

Actually I stopped when I found out that Benzino was the owner. I rather read the TV guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 12:58:25 PM 

yeh that's great

*yawn*

Loc Shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 01:03:48 PM 

dij wrote:
yeh that's great

*yawn*

and also

Quote:
SKILLZ:If you say the word '******' out of anger and frustration and call a girl a Black *****, I'm pretty sure you'll say it again. I don't think it's not a word he hasn't used since then. Bottom line is I don't appreciate Eminem using the word ******. As soon as I read his statement, I knew something was fishy. He said he was dating a girl who was 'African American'! I've never heard him use the term 'African American' in his whole life, which made the whole statement look suspect to me. It's the classic example of someone getting caught and being outta character when they try to explain themselves. It all sounds the same. Sorta like his beats

that sounds kinda fake doesnt it ??

i believe just about everybody heard the rap up 2003 IMO this sounds like a misquote

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 01:09:09 PM 

when will they make an issue about Dead Prez disrespecting white women?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 01:13:10 PM 

When will they make an issue that doesn't suck.........? :ass:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 01:51:01 PM 

man you guys really do love eminen on this site...i understand and agree most of what those artists said..but frankly i dont give two fucks cos i avoid ems music.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:05:57 PM 

d_realword wrote:
man you guys really do love eminen on this site...i understand and agree most of what those artists said..but frankly i dont give two fucks cos i avoid ems music.

because people say the source sucks ass doesnt necessarily mean people love eminem

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:14:00 PM 

paturn1 wrote:
d_realword wrote:

because people say the source sucks ass doesnt necessarily mean people love eminem

i read everyones post and no one is even addressing the issue of what eminem said or what those people said..whether they agree or not with any of them or whether they think some of the people were chatting straight bullshit..all you guys were talking about is the never buying a source mag..no one buys source mags, i dont even think hoax uys source mags....so you guys should stop making that the issue...either you drop your opinons about the topic or stop droping old news about how shit and low the source magazine is.

I am the poet Laureate of the fucking Trauma ward! I am the chocolate flake of death impaling the cluster nut sundae of your fucking existence! who am i? The Ice hearted pistolero from the murderverse, with chalk outline around my soul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:17:46 PM 

d_realword wrote:
paturn1 wrote:
d_realword wrote:

i read everyones post and no one is even addressing the issue of what eminem said or what those people said..whether they agree or not with any of them or whether they think some of the people were chatting straight bullshit..all you guys were talking about is the never buying a source mag..no one buys source mags, i dont even think hoax uys source mags....so you guys should stop making that the issue...either you drop your opinons about the topic or stop droping old news about how shit and low the source magazine is.

okay the topic at hand is the source's article on em
the source is trash

therefore the article is trash

do a search about this subject theres really no need to talk about

since half the responses will be complete and utter bullshit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:24:12 PM 

The point of what Eminem said has already been discussed, it was big news for like 4 seconds. The point of this thread is that the Source continually stoops embarassingly low to rehash the fact that Benzino doesn't like the man for personal reasons. It's embarrassing becuz over and over, Benzino masquerades the issue to make it look like it isn't personal, like he's fooling anyone at all. Em has less to do with this topic than people think he does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:47:22 PM 

d_realword wrote:
paturn1 wrote:
d_realword wrote:

How are you going to tell people to drop there opinions? If that's the case then there would be no such thing as an opinion. I'm pretty sure after reading this article people are just saying that since The Source makes stupid articles about this issue, nobody's going to be contributing to anything that has to do with them. This shit happened 10 years ago and it's done with. All it is is Benzino and his hate for Em. He can't fuck with him lyrically so he does this. That's all. One.

Post subject: Re: New Source Magazine - "Extinction Agenda"
PostPosted: 01/20/04 02:55:40 PM 

HOAXuno wrote:
SKILLZ:If you say the word '******' out of anger and frustration and call a girl a Black *****, I'm pretty sure you'll say it again. I don't think it's not a word he hasn't used since then. Bottom line is I don't appreciate Eminem using the word ******. As soon as I read his statement, I knew something was fishy. He said he was dating a girl who was 'African American'! I've never heard him use the term 'African American' in his whole life, which made the whole statement look suspect to me. It's the classic example of someone getting caught and being outta character when they try to explain themselves. It all sounds the same. Sorta like his beats.

Hahaha, that part is classic.

Yes, the Source is garbage. But, Eminem still made those racist remarks, he needs to apologize for real. And next time he wants to be racist, dont record it. I really feel that this issue is gonna hurt his career a little (with the black community) cause you know whites will still buy his shit no matter what.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:11:20 PM 

This subject is really touchy yall. I mean there is no way around it he said what he said and at least he admitted it. He did not try to say the recording was bogus. Marshall actually apologized for his comments that were made, but it was not posted everywhere. I feel the Source does have a vendetta out for Em, Raymond and Dave are out to get Em anyway possible and I feel that this way will actually hurt them more than anything. Most of the comments made by these artists either seemed to be twisted to me or they may be old cos many of them are asking for an apology and Em already publicly made one. Em and Zino have been going at each other but now it's getting real dirty. Do I think this will affect his career? No, not one bit cos most cats are not even readin the Source as much, alot of readers are looking for alternatives like XXL and other mags. But it will be nice to see how this all turns out. Was Em right or excused for saying what he said, not one bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:14:02 PM 

HOAXuno wrote:
This subject is really touchy yall. I mean there is no way around it he said what he said and at least he admitted it. He did not try to say the recording was bogus. Marshall actually apologized for his comments that were made, but it was not posted everywhere. I feel the Source does have a vendetta out for Em, Raymond and Dave are out to get Em anyway possible and I feel that this way will actually hurt them more than anything. Most of the comments made by these artists either seemed to be twisted to me or they may be old cos many of them are asking for an apology and Em already publicly made one. Em and Zino have been going at each other but now it's getting real dirty. Do I think this will affect his career? No, not one bit cos most cats are not even readin the Source as much, alot of readers are looking for alternatives like XXL and other mags. But it will be nice to see how this all turns out. Was Em right or excused for saying what he said, not one bit.

Nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:17:26 PM 
HOAXuno wrote:

Wurd up man :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:26:29 PM 

i feel what he said is fucked up but so what...thats the world we live in benzino needs to man up and stop being a bitch about shit just cause he cant lose that weight...another thing i think is fucked up is how benzino keeps using that if eminem was black comparison, cause he aint black, he wont never be black, and since thats the case we dont know what would be of his record sales and/or popularity if he was black....given black people are not the ones primarily buying his shit so wtf does it matter if he was black???? shit if he was black then maybe he would be looked at as another biggie or tupac in the eyes of the black community, yu cant just compare the if he was black shit to saying he wouldnt be able to do this or say that or sell this many records, i mean who gives a shit....it sounds to me like benzino is not proud of his race so he feels the need to overtly express anger towards the only person who actually is seen as a threat to his any artist he coincides with

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:42:43 PM 

wow slurred

that was pretty good

seriously

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 03:48:00 PM 

slurred_verbs wrote:
i feel what he said is fucked up but so what...thats the world we live in benzino needs to man up and stop being a bitch about shit just cause he cant lose that weight...another thing i think is fucked up is how benzino keeps using that if eminem was black comparison, cause he aint black, he wont never be black, and since thats the case we dont know what would be of his record sales and/or popularity if he was black....given black people are not the ones primarily buying his shit so wtf does it matter if he was black???? shit if he was black then maybe he would be looked at as another biggie or tupac in the eyes of the black community, yu cant just compare the if he was black shit to saying he wouldnt be able to do this or say that or sell this many records, i mean who gives a shit....it sounds to me like benzino is not proud of his race so he feels the need to overtly express anger towards the only person who actually is seen as a threat to his any artist he coincides with

Damn Slurred - that was a good post man! Actually alot of the people that pick up Em's albums are white, but a very big majority of cats are also black and latino. Most just dont fess up. I mean on my block, and I live in Inglewood, in between the shiity and shii and cats in my hood bump this dude on the daily. So alot of cats in the hood pick up his albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01/20/04 10:25:46 PM 

The Source is wack!!!! Dave Mays is a bitch who is getting extorted, by a wannabe rapper. people should let that shit go. It ain't right but I am certain that Em is no racist. He apologized. But c'mon there is SO many racist comments against white folks made in hip hop all the time and you don't hear white people really bitching about it, fuck white people actually run out buy it and jam the shit.