Contributed by: Miles Bennett
Posted on: May 15, 2008 07:38 MST
Filed under: Rap, Underground, Celebs
As the saying goes, the rich just get richer.
50 Cent, the man who made a reported $200 million from his deal with Vitamin Water, is now said to be in negotiations with the Rupert Murdoch founded News Corp for a reported $300 million.
According to ThisIs50.com, the deal would go into effect in 2009, in which News Corp would take a large stake in all aspects of the 50 Cent brand -- including music, books, concerts, and his G-Unit label.
The deal would help launch the company's MySpace Records, as 50 and his G-Unit roster would move under the label's umbrella.
Sources say half the deal will be in stock, in which 50 Cent would become one of the largest shareholders of News Corp.
Also under the deal, 50's online community, ThisIs50.com, would be acquired by News Corp, his touring would be marketed through and sold via the company, and would also include a G-Unit book deal, and music publishing for 50 and the artists under his label.
While the deal is still in the works, it is not expected to be finalized until next year, after the rapper fulfills his contract requirements with Interscope Records.
- 50 Cent Employee Arrested Again
- 50 Cent Lifts Rosci's Skirt, Nas Is Al Sharpton's N*gga, Prodigy Don't F*ck W/ Imperialists, Major Labels Don't F*ck W/ NY Rappers
- 50 Cent Accuses '106 & Park' Host Rocsi Of Favoritism, Being Promiscuous
- 50 Cent Plans To Drop Solo Project This Year, Eyeing New Major Label Deal
- Bun B Brushes Off 50 Cent Snub, Admits Teaching Lil' Wayne How To Rap
- 50 Cent Denies News Corp Merger
- 50 Cent In Talks With Murdoch'S News Corp
- 50 Cent Disses The Entire South, Lil' Wayne Preserves His Sexy, Nas Talks Pest Control, The Game Signs The Suge Knight Slayer?
- Lil Wayne Calls 50 Cent 'The Hardest N**** On The Planet'
- Young Buck Explains Problems From 50 Cent Fued, Says The Game, Snoop Have Showed Support
WAIT... THERE'S MORE STUFF
Elvis Costello, Roots set for first Whistler fest
T.I. will do time on MTV
50 Cent Employee Arrested Again
MTS Centre, Winnipeg - May 26, 2008
Trina Introduces Pink Diamond Clothing, Launches Website
Romeo Gives Away Free Single As New Album Nears
Definitive Jux Artist Camu Tao Dies From Lung Cancer
Donda West Bill Introduced In California Legislature